forum

[added] Show Highest Rank Achieved!

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +745
Topic Starter
Venumidas
Is it possible to add something in "Historical" that shows your highest rank "ever" achieved? - Not in Beatmaps but in Rankings(World/Overall).

I don't think there is anything else to add to that.
abraker
Yes and no. Yes because it's a historical record I want to be automatically saved. No because it tells nothing about the value of your performance compared to others. If there was as many maps as it takes to cover the difficulty spread the entire osu! community can do in sets of 200, then maybe it might be more relevant.

But good to have, nonetheless.
Bara-
It can be cool, but many 'noobs' can insta #1 a map if it just got out of qualified with HR DT HD FL SS on Easy
I also have quite some #4-10 scores because of such things
Tshemmp

Baraatje123 wrote:

It can be cool, but many 'noobs' can insta #1 a map if it just got out of qualified with HR DT HD FL SS on Easy
I also have quite some #4-10 scores because of such things

Venumidas wrote:

Not in Beatmaps but in Rankings(World/Overall).

Anyway how would this go with previous ranking systems? Would it only show your highest rank achieved in ppv2 or in ppv1 and v2 together? And there are people who achieved high ranks in score ranking (the thing before pp), what about them?
Best idea would probably be "highest rank achieved" in every category (ppv2, ppv1, score and overall).
Bara-
Oh lol
YES PLEASE
Then I can show off my high ranks in Taiko/Mania/CtB as they're all much lower then before
CtB highest was 2.8k, Taiko was 1.2k, Mania was 3k (idk?)
Looking forward to this :3
GhostFrog
Would be kinda cool I guess, but Tshemmp hit upon an important point - your highest ranking in what? If tom makes changes to ppv2 to fix something really broken and it drops you from rank 100 to 10000 (hugely exaggerated example to make a point), will you forever have 100 as your best ever rank, even if you were only there because of an old system? The "correct" answer to that would seem to be 'yes', but if you're going to display top rank from previous more-flawed versions of ppv2, why not also ppv1? But ppv1 ranks were so much different from what ranks are now so is that fair? I guess the answer is to just use any ppv2 rank, regardless of changes, but it feels so wrong. I dunno.
Vesrand
I like this idea. Even if you stop playing you will have some achievement to show off like in other games.
Matrix
would love to see this happen.
Adder
no
Bara-
Adder, can you please explain why you oppose to almost every request?
I think this request is a nice feature to have, as ot keeps track of your personal milestones
Matrix

Adder wrote:

no
not like its a game changing feature, just a small thing to add to profile page. wouldnt be very hard to add.
Kyu96
I like this for the global/country ranking but not for beatmap related rankings.
SgtSitdown
I know this is a super old thread, but I would LOVE to see this happen. I recently got back into the game after a few years away, and I remember being in the top 5k, but not specifically where D:

If there was some way to display your peak rank (irrelivent of pp system, or score system (that way for example, Doomsday and WubWoofWolf could display that they were No.1 at one point)) even optionally, it would be amazing!
somebody_33
I'd really like this idea implemented! Perfect idea!
For me, top rank in taiko is #4490.
Yui-Kurata
necroing to implement this :]
6800cube
I support this feature personally, because as a #103 player ten years ago, I even not get "The Gradual Rise" (the achievement of #10000)

It should be related to technical issues.

Personal Best
【Score v1·v2 (Jul 2010-Jul 2012)】
Peak ranking: 20,323,502,684 (#103) (Apr 2012), the peak rankscore is 26,344,174,458 (Jun 2013)
【PP v1 (Jul 2012-Jan 2014)】
Peak ranking: 5,351pp (#822) (Mar 2013), is the peak pp when reset version
【PP v2 (Jan 2014-May 2015)】
Peak ranking: 3,368pp (#3,589) (Jul 2014), is the peak pp when reset version
【PP v3 (May 2015-Feb 2019)】
Peak ranking: 5,307pp (#6,258) (Apr 2017), the peak pp is 5,896pp (Jul 2018)
【PP v4 (Feb 2019-Jan 2021)】
Peak ranking: 6,159pp (#8,656) (Feb 2019), the peak pp is 6,392pp (Aug 2020)
【PP v5 (Jan 2021-Nov 2021)】
Peak ranking: 5,857pp (#23,184) (Aug 2020), is the peak pp when reset version
【PP v6 (Jan 2021-Nov 2021)】
Peak ranking: 5,628pp (#29,260) (Aug 2020), the peak pp is 5,974pp (Jun 2022)
celery_pork
Please add this feature (like the other players say, only for the world/overall ranking, not the beatmaps)
clayton
it was already added, hover over the global rank on your profile.