posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Branford

Hello ! :3
Here's my first skin about the rpg Ib. Hope you'll enjoy it ! :D

Download [NEW]:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2bb8a ... b_v1.2.osk

I'm still a newbie in the skinning, so don't hesitate to tell me some advices. ^^
I also have some difficulties with the skin.ini so it'll probably look like a mess. :c
Topic Starter
Branford
UPDATE :
Changed hitcircle, hitcircle overlay, default/score numbers, modes selections, selection button.
Minhtam
That's my favorite Spinner-circle of all time, but I couldn't use it in my own skin because it wasn't mine. I think you have to go and talk to one MLGnom for permission to use the spinner-circle.png from his Izayoi Sakura skin before forum police arrives on the scene. Either that or you can change the spinner-circle to something more original.
Topic Starter
Branford

Minhtam wrote:

That's my favorite Spinner-circle of all time, but I couldn't use it in my own skin because it wasn't mine. I think you have to go and talk to one MLGnom for permission to use the spinner-circle.png from his Izayoi Sakura skin before forum police arrives on the scene. Either that or you can change the spinner-circle to something more original.
I think i'll just change the spinner circle. ^^
Thank you for the feedback. :3
Topic Starter
Branford
UPDATE :

Changed : Hitcircle, hitcircle overlay, ranking letters, default+score numbers, cursor, spinner, menu-button-background, button middle, button right, button left, mod-meds (adjusted size).
-[Kaori]-
no why - I wanted to make a Ib skin, too...
But well, nice skin. good job^^
Topic Starter
Branford

XELOiS wrote:

no why - I wanted to make a Ib skin, too...
But well, nice skin. good job^^
You can make one too if you want. ^^
Thank you for the feedback ! :3
innamorati
this is too good. cheers ^^
Topic Starter
Branford

Tyranitar96 wrote:

this is too good. cheers ^^
Thank you very much ! ;w;
Minhtam
Skin looks pretty legit so far. However, I do think I need to point something out here.

From eyesight alone, I would not have known that the pause-back, pause-continue, pause-replay, and pause-retry images were there. And if I can't see them, then it would cause a problem for some other players as well.

My next advice to you would be to look into potentially adding glow effects to your text. Personally, I like to use a program called Paint.NET, and I was ecstatic to find a tutorial on making glowing text effects, which you can find here. Glowing text effects can also be done on photoshop as well. By adding the glow effects, you can make all of your text images in your skin completely legible to read while still retaining the uniqueness of the script like font you chose.
Topic Starter
Branford

Minhtam wrote:

Skin looks pretty legit so far. However, I do think I need to point something out here.

From eyesight alone, I would not have known that the pause-back, pause-continue, pause-replay, and pause-retry images were there. And if I can't see them, then it would cause a problem for some other players as well.

My next advice to you would be to look into potentially adding glow effects to your text. Personally, I like to use a program called Paint.NET, and I was ecstatic to find a tutorial on making glowing text effects, which you can find here. Glowing text effects can also be done on photoshop as well. By adding the glow effects, you can make all of your text images in your skin completely legible to read while still retaining the uniqueness of the script like font you chose.
Thank you very much for the advice ! ^^
I'll fix this. :3
LeonFrey
I have been looking for an Ib skin for a while and all of them have been zip or rar files and I can't unzip a zip file and rar files are a headache and I really don't need them considering I have a history of migranes so Thank you so much!!!
Topic Starter
Branford

LeonFrey wrote:

I have been looking for an Ib skin for a while and all of them have been zip or rar files and I can't unzip a zip file and rar files are a headache and I really don't need them considering I have a history of migranes so Thank you so much!!!
You're welcome ! ^^
(Sorry for the late reply by the way. :c)