forum

Bodybuilding & Fit ( If u want to get in shape come here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Vuelo Eluko
I compare typical competition bodybuilders to pictures of people who participate in strongman competitions and I just don't know why they would want to spend just as much time and effort on their physique just to look and be so much less powerful.

srsly curious what the point of the whole no-fat/big-muscles and tiny waist thing is, not trying to start anything.

Is it the spandex? admittedly they are the only type of people who can make those tiny things look cool and not flamboyant
Jazz

DooM wrote:

Yeah, tho i think that fit is incorporated in bodybuilding but people dont really understand that, and i know the reason, if ANYBODY thinks at bodybuilding, they imagine it like this:

But it's really like that, to make you understand that's the final part in bodybuilding, the apex you know.
I invite u to read this:
http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html
That makes things easier lol
I am aware of that, although I am only interested in keeping myself the right size

Riince wrote:

I compare typical competition bodybuilders to pictures of people who participate in strongman competitions and I just don't know why they would want to spend just as much time and effort on their physique just to look and be so much less powerful.

srsly curious what the point of the whole no-fat/big-muscles and tiny waist thing is, not trying to start anything.

Is it the spandex? admittedly they are the only type of people who can make those tiny things look cool and not flamboyant
I'm not sure about other people but to put it simply I just don't want to be fat nor chubby nor any other body size that is not right depending on my height and age. How hard is it to understand that being fat is not healthy? (well I can't say for those who are just naturally fat). And of course people want to feel good about themselves; as a girl I like to dress up and stuff and being fat/chubby makes me feel insecure with my clothes (I hate seeing muffin tops when I wear small shirts, jeans, etc.)

And I don't like it when people say getting fit is 'a waste of time and effort'. Yeah sure because watching anime and playing video games all day on your couch or bed or desk is toooootttaaaalllyyy not a waste of time and effort.
It's not a waste of time and effort, people are just plain lazy when it comes to doing stuff like that.

Oh and, I'm not trying to start anything.
kidlat020
Some people just can't leave their PC desk. Part of their job is being there. like me, a cyber cafe owner and attendant.

Perhaps if I really get the motivation to start sweating out again. osu would give me a lot of sweat. Soooo I guess that's it for me then eh?
Secretpipe
I don't understand bodybuilding but fitness is better imo.

This reminds me that I need to start find a new fitness club o/
CoolChris
Just start working out, the goal is to feel and look better. Just lift until you're happy with the results
Jazz

kidlat020 wrote:

excuses

CoolChris wrote:

Just start working out, the goal is to feel and look better. Just lift until you're happy with the results
qft
Pamarduk
I'm in the minority of Osu players who bodybuild as well. it's healthy, you can get stronger/reach an ideal body and if you do it right then there won't be any injuries (which is just like every other sports). No bad sides to it.

Although the real hard part of it lies in maintaining the nutrition you get. now that needs real devotion. I suppose training your arm by lifting and your abs by doing crunches is the easiest form of bodybuilding :V
Topic Starter
DooM

Secretpipe wrote:

I don't understand bodybuilding but fitness is better imo.

This reminds me that I need to start find a new fitness club o/
Most athletes do bodybuild to have a better performance on the sport they do, do you think that usain bolt put up that mass just by running?
CoolChris

Pamarduk wrote:

I suppose training your arm by lifting and your abs by doing crunches is the easiest form of bodybuilding :V
You're right, but there's more to it than that.
Red Eclipse_old
The most I do is play osu and masturbate so my arms are doing well imo
Kouya-
I'm starting to get flabby now, ever since I stopped working out during the summer .

Welp, I'll start working out next year .
CoolChris
Today is a sad day friends, I was doing Arnold dumbbell press when I felt sharp pain in my right neck/shoulder area. Went too ham and now i'm out for a few days :(
Topic Starter
DooM

Kouya- wrote:

I'm starting to get flabby now, ever since I stopped working out during the summer .

Welp, I'll start working out next year .
Start as soon as possible bro, u will see the first changes within 3 months, it's not a fast progress, the sooner the better ;)

CoolChris wrote:

Today is a sad day friends, I was doing Arnold dumbbell press when I felt sharp pain in my right neck/shoulder area. Went too ham and now i'm out for a few days :(
Damn man recover quickly :)
TrashLyra
Didn't know there was something like this. Holidays is making me lazy and probably have to change my diet and increase cardio this monday.. Haven't worked out in like 2 weeks now- I'll probably fall off when i start doing deadlifts or chinups again. Christ.

inb4 Back to 60lbs DL
Topic Starter
DooM

TrashLyra wrote:

Didn't know there was something like this. Holidays is making me lazy and probably have to change my diet and increase cardio this monday.. Haven't worked out in like 2 weeks now- I'll probably fall off when i start doing deadlifts or chinups again. Christ.

inb4 Back to 60lbs DL
Nah bruh 2 weeks u still remain the same, plus u heal yourself from all the work u've done in the past, it's a process everyone should do once in a while!
CoolChris

TrashLyra wrote:

inb4 Back to 60lbs DL
Time to lyft bro, i've made a recovery :D
konkarne_old
i wish zyzz was still with us... ;w;
Topic Starter
DooM
Revive this shit brahs
EneT

DooM wrote:

Revive this shit brahs
I second this, but I don't think there's much people left here that's into bodybuilding or getting fit.
Topic Starter
DooM
I know right but at least i want this thread to be on the main page, cause you know people might get interested, there is alwais a time for a change and i want to help them
La Volpe
Wait there is people into Fitness and bodybuilding on these forums?! Niice.
Topic Starter
DooM
Yeah fam, feel free to contact me we'll get along pretty well :P
La Volpe
Almost skipped Gym today, watched Shia LeBeouf's motivational speech and got motivated again. XD
B1rd
When I exercise it just makes me feel bad.
E m i

B1rd wrote:

When I don't exercise it just makes me feel bad.
fixed
Stefan
I should get back into this..
kirueggy
I absolutely despise doing three minute planks smh I'd rather do a 1 hour wallsit
EneT

kirueggy wrote:

I absolutely despise doing three minute planks smh I'd rather do a 1 hour wallsit
That's because planks are more suited for people who are already fit and buff. For those who aren't, it puts more strain towards their body and can be more damaging rather than helpful.
DeletedUser_3905941
I tried to do a no belt 270kg deadlift yesterday and I got a nosebleed
but yeah I should start going back to the gym regularly now
Aomi
Oh, this exists. o:
Since summer break, I've turned into a real life sloth. ; - ;
I don't exercise, eat junk food + a shit ton of sweets.
You can imagine how much weight I gained lmao :'(
I'm starting school today, so that means I'll be getting back to volleyball practice as well (I have practice today at 8 PM ), so I'm really happy about that.
Volleyball is my everything, seriously.
I'd risk my limbs for it if I had to, that's how much I love this sport.
Well, as you all know, it's a sport that requires moving around the field a lot and 'falling' down (lmao what) to keep the ball in play.
I really really want to get fit and have a nice figure because every time I'm in the dressing room, I feel embarrassed because of my weight and that my jersey doesn't look good on me. ; ;
I feel extremely self-conscious because when I look at the other girls, they all have a nice figure and are almost all fit.
I'm not planning to go on a extreme diet or something like that.
I'll cut off the sweets and junk food to a minimal and instead eat home cooked food.
I want to practice volleyball at home too, but we're in an apartment so it'll bother the other neighbors. :c
Aside from that, what are some good tips to staying healthy & fit?
I want to hear your opinions.

It's my dream to look like this one day ; - ;
kirueggy

EneT wrote:

kirueggy wrote:

That's because planks are more suited for people who are already fit and buff. For those who aren't, it puts more strain towards their body and can be more damaging rather than helpful.
lol shit I'm not buff though. Just athletic. I play basketball regularly but it requires like little to no upper body strength aside from shooting hoops/passing. Planks are the bane of my existence
Topic Starter
DooM

Aomi wrote:

Oh, this exists. o:
Since summer break, I've turned into a real life sloth. ; - ;
I don't exercise, eat junk food + a shit ton of sweets.
You can imagine how much weight I gained lmao :'(
I'm starting school today, so that means I'll be getting back to volleyball practice as well (I have practice today at 8 PM ), so I'm really happy about that.
Volleyball is my everything, seriously.
I'd risk my limbs for it if I had to, that's how much I love this sport.
Well, as you all know, it's a sport that requires moving around the field a lot and 'falling' down (lmao what) to keep the ball in play.
I really really want to get fit and have a nice figure because every time I'm in the dressing room, I feel embarrassed because of my weight and that my jersey doesn't look good on me. ; ;
I feel extremely self-conscious because when I look at the other girls, they all have a nice figure and are almost all fit.
I'm not planning to go on a extreme diet or something like that.
I'll cut off the sweets and junk food to a minimal and instead eat home cooked food.
I want to practice volleyball at home too, but we're in an apartment so it'll bother the other neighbors. :c
Aside from that, what are some good tips to staying healthy & fit?
I want to hear your opinions.

It's my dream to look like this one day ; - ;
Read this: http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html

It basically explains everything you need to stay healthy, and consider doing some exercises relevant to volleyball ( search them on google/reddit there are plenty of exercises you can do for volleyball)
Try ask you neighbors for your practice, ask for a time of the day where they are not home or they maybe simply dont care.

If you need help by any means please use this thread or send me a pm we'll be happy to help you!! :D :D

RedPanda wrote:

I tried to do a no belt 270kg deadlift yesterday and I got a nosebleed
but yeah I should start going back to the gym regularly now

Fuark nice lift brah, hope you get back to your home as soon as possible :)

kirueggy wrote:

Try to do some ab exercises it'll help, you could do them at home in your free time, play less train more, that's what im trying to do too

Stefan wrote:

I should get back into this..
Hope you'll be back, we're here to help you with anything brah, let's to this together :D

B1rd wrote:

When I exercise it just makes me feel bad.
Why is that?

La Volpe wrote:

Almost skipped Gym today, watched Shia LeBeouf's motivational speech and got motivated again. XD

Nice man ahah
Aomi
Thank you very much~
kirueggy
Never challenge an English teacher to a push-up competition. The goal was 75 and I only got like 56 and the teacher I was up against STILL WENT ON and got all 75 of them crying

I suck shit when it comes to upper body strength lol can anyone help me with this shit
E m i

kirueggy wrote:

Never challenge an English teacher to a push-up competition. The goal was 75 and I only got like 56 and the teacher I was up against STILL WENT ON and got all 75 of them crying

I suck shit when it comes to upper body strength lol can anyone help me with this shit
lift more :^)
Yuudachi-kun
I lift with both of my arms several times a day.
EneT

kirueggy wrote:

Bruhh, 75 is meant to be normal.
kirueggy
There's nothing you can do really to improve upper body strength when all you do is just play basketball. I need some specific shit here people I didn't skip leg day but I did skip everything normal lmao
EneT

kirueggy wrote:

There's nothing you can do really to improve upper body strength when all you do is just play basketball. I need some specific shit here people I didn't skip leg day but I did skip everything normal lmao
If you're not going to lift then do at least 200 push ups every day. It doesn't matter when you do it, it can be 10 sets of 20 push-ups spread throughout the day or 4 sets of 50, as long as you do 200.

And don't you dare think about passing a day, don't be lazy.
kirueggy
Sounds like something a guy who takes ROTC too seriously would do. How will and how fast will this help improve my upper body strength? I want to be able to do 75 push ups on the spot (and possibly beat my English teacher while I'm at it)
show more