forum

[resolved] [web] "New posts" logo doesn't change properly

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Trosk-
First of all, I'm not sure if this has been reported before or not. I searched for it and didn't find anything. Also, I'm not sure if this is intended or not, forgive me if I'm wrong.

Problem Details:
Each forum and subforum has an osu! logo on the left to see if there are unread message or not. Ok, if you mark a whole forum (with its subforums) as read, the logo will turn grey. If there is any new message and you read it, the logo will not be turned to grey anymore, even if you don't have any unread messages. It will just be turned to grey again if you click the "Mark all read" button.

It happens with forums and Subforums.

Here you can see the button grey because I don't have any read messages:

Then, it turns pink because there is a new message:

After reading that message, I don't have any unread message but the button will still be pink:
Bara-
Probably intended as it only works after pressing that button
Using this post to be able to confirm or not as I haven't known about this ever O.o (it turning grey)

Edit: Yep, same thing happens here
Edit2: When a thread is moved, it'll also make the new thing pink
The osu was grey (help), A thread got marked andmoved to Resolved (which was grey) and then turned pink
In the mean time, no posts were made in that thread
Topic Starter
Trosk-

Baraatje123 wrote:

Edit2: When a thread is moved, it'll also make the new thing pink
The osu was grey (help), A thread got marked andmoved to Resolved (which was grey) and then turned pink
In the mean time, no posts were made in that thread
Yep, I noticed of it earlier.
RBRat3
iirc this was disabled on purpose because of the shear post volume (it's always pink) making it a useless commodity.
peppy
Probably a bug introduced at some point, but won't be fixed in the old design.
Topic Starter
Trosk-

peppy wrote:

Probably a bug introduced at some point, but won't be fixed in the old design.
Yeah.. I was guessing that it wouldn't be "fixed" (if it's actually a bug) until the new design.

Thanks peppy and RBRat3 for the answers.
RBRat3
Not sure if it's a bug, I remember parts of a conversation of me asking to have it light up on new threads instead of posts and something was done to the poor thing :D

It probably went something like "Yea it's kinda useless... Ughhh that grey looks like shit (plink) there now pink is always on" lol