forum

[Archived] Issues with Latest Cutting-edge Build (Post Here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
nns1337

nns1337 wrote:

My osu! won't update since the 29th of July, It just says there's a problem with my internet connection but there isn't. Ingame it wont download the stuff either, it just says there's an error downloading the files. Doesn't work when running osu! in admin mode aswell.

Bancho disconnected me today saying my osu! version is too old aswell.

Windows 10, Cutting Edge from 29th of July 2015, 20150729.2

Anyone got a fix for me?

Issue still the case. I got the version 20150810.3 from a friend, not updating from that also. Antivir and Windows Defender off, no other program which could cause the issue.
peppy
update_log.txt please
Ciuriya
Whenever I'm playing a map and enter the pause menu, there's a weird visual glitch that appears for 1-2 frames and disappears.
Video
Only happens in the newest cutting-edge build.
Windows 10, GTX 970 with 355.60 driver
Trosk-

Smc wrote:

Whenever I'm playing a map and enter the pause menu, there's a weird visual glitch that appears for 1-2 frames and disappears.
Video
Can't replicate and I have the same GPU with the same drivers. What are your osu! settings?
Ciuriya

Trosk- wrote:

Smc wrote:

Video
Can't replicate and I have the same GPU with the same drivers. What are your osu! settings?
It only seems to happen once in a while, 5-10% chance or so.
http://www.smcmax.me/s/2015-08-18_11-21-23.png
http://www.smcmax.me/s/2015-08-18_11-21-46.png
http://www.smcmax.me/s/2015-08-18_11-22-30.png
quaternary
The white bars on the hit-error bar affect osu!mania, which doesn't make sense because osu!mania does actually judge "slider" (long-note) timings.

Ninja edit: Actually everything is white
Lyra
It seems on certain maps, slider ticks are being generated where they aren't supposed to. So far, I've only found one, but I can confirm that this isn't an issue on stable and beta builds, only Cutting Edge. And it was not a problem yesterday. Just started today.

The map in question is https://osu.ppy.sh/s/311013 Difficulty name is "Ouroboros Division".

Here are screenshots, with screenshots under that of how they should normally look, as well as timing points for each underneath that. There are probably a lot more in this map, but these are the ones I noticed immediately.

00:07:968 (1) -

00:08:352 (2) -

00:15:660 (3) -

So far, this is the only map I've seen this happen, but if I find any more while playing, I will edit my post with more examples.
nns1337

peppy wrote:

update_log.txt please
I don't have one.
Tom94

Miracle wrote:

It seems on certain maps, slider ticks are being generated where they aren't supposed to. So far, I've only found one, but I can confirm that this isn't an issue on stable and beta builds, only Cutting Edge. And it was not a problem yesterday. Just started today.

The map in question is https://osu.ppy.sh/s/311013 Difficulty name is "Ouroboros Division".

Here are screenshots, with screenshots under that of how they should normally look, as well as timing points for each underneath that. There are probably a lot more in this map, but these are the ones I noticed immediately.

So far, this is the only map I've seen this happen, but if I find any more while playing, I will edit my post with more examples.
Should be fixed now, please try again, and please keep reporting in case you find another case.
Trosk-

Smc wrote:

Video
Ok, I just had the same effect. Without Shaders tho.
Damnae
Linear parts of sliders aren't selectable anymore in the editor: http://puu.sh/jGjL1/b28d6b3501.mp4
agubelu
I don't know if it's just me but sometimes my computer freezes for a couple of seconds when I minimize/close osu
Lyra

Tom94 wrote:

Miracle wrote:

Should be fixed now, please try again, and please keep reporting in case you find another case.
Tested. Everything checks out fine now.

Unforunately, I have to leave elsewhere for the time being, so I won't be able to test some more maps out for a while. But most of the other maps I played didn't have this issue.
nns1337
http://hastebin.com/foyejikibo.pas

Got the latest osu!.exe , this is the result.

This comes out when I move osu!.exe to its own folder: http://hastebin.com/econivufeh.vhdl
DeletedUser_4329079

Damnae wrote:

Linear parts of sliders aren't selectable anymore in the editor: http://puu.sh/jGjL1/b28d6b3501.mp4
Can confirm
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
I have a fix submitted for the sliders. Please be patient.
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix linear sliders being unable to be selected. (TheVileOne)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150818.14cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
hard to freeze
"Snaking sliders" seems to be of no use to some linear-shape sliders, but it works pretty well on curve-shape sliders.
The build is b20150819.3cuttingedge.
Tom94
I already pushed a fix for that, just gotta wait until it's merged in.
Morbon
Any response for p/4431432 ? It still crashes
Tom94
Doesn't crash for me. Are you on latest drivers? If yes, please check if it happens with different skins or maps.
Morbon

Tom94 wrote:

Doesn't crash for me. Are you on latest drivers? If yes, please check if it happens with different skins or maps.
It crashes only with "always use default skin" option.
Tom94

Morbon wrote:

Tom94 wrote:

It crashes only with "always use default skin" option.
Even with that option on I don't get crashes. Can you please tell me on which map with which skin (despite using the "Always use default skin" option) you reproduce it?

It would also help if you could tinker with your options to see whether anything else affects the crashing behavior. Thanks a lot!
Morbon

Tom94 wrote:

Even with that option on I don't get crashes. Can you please tell me on which map with which skin (despite using the "Always use default skin" option) you reproduce it?

It would also help if you could tinker with your options to see whether anything else affects the crashing behavior. Thanks a lot!
Well, it happens on all maps with this option, with or without custom map skins. The only thing, that I can add here: osu! crashes immediately with custom skin (for example on this map)
I'll try to change some options, will post later.

Edit: It's not the options. I get crashes even on same options as the ones which have ppl who don't crashing.
MillhioreF
Clicking an osu!direct link in chat while spectating someone or watching a replay causes the interface and map to fade away and the replay to completely stop.

Video
BeatBreakerS
Beatmaps ( that have Skip ) are Auto skipping themselves if CTRL+R is used

b20150820.1CE

i'm stupid
peppy

BeatBreakerS wrote:

Beatmaps ( that have Skip ) are Auto skipping themselves if CTRL+R is used

b20150820.1CE
That is how ctrl-r workd. and has always worked. PLEASE compare to stable before reporting issues.
mazei

The changelog text box cuts off part of the text. I realized this happening from the 19th August build, but not sure exactly when it began. Still an issue with the current build.
Shizuyi
Its like this since forever.
Trosk-

mazei wrote:

The changelog text box cuts off part of the text. I realized this happening from the 19th August build, but not sure exactly when it began. Still an issue with the current build.
-> p/4121624
mazei
Ah thought it was recent, only checked a few pages back.
Quichey
There seems to be an issue with brightness values on the sliders. Opacity seems to be the offender here, most likely caused by the sprite being drawn twice on a slider start circle after testing.

This test skin, which has hit circles set at 50% opacity, a slightly larger sliderstartcircle set at 50% opacity, sliderendcircle set at 50% opacity, and skin-ini values to give maximum contrast, should highlight the problem.
Test Skin

These two images nicely show the effect.

After failing,
Shimu-
This random bar in the right corner which I dont know how to "disable" shows up only in Beta and Cutting-Edge

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3563695
Trosk-

ChrillMeister wrote:

This random bar in the right corner which I dont know how to "disable" shows up only in Beta and Cutting-Edge

Ctrl + F11.
Shimu-

Trosk- wrote:

ChrillMeister wrote:

Ctrl + F11.
Ahh Thanks mate ;)
Mykaterasu
Much like Quiesce above me, I have found a transparency inconsistancy of the slider hit circles between the stable/beta patches and the Cutting-edge build. I do not know the cause for sure.
Reproduction:
In the Stable/Beta patch, a skin with a slider track override of [0,0,0] and a transparent hitcircle will show no colour difference between the normal hit circle and the slider hit circle when the background dim is set to 100%.

In the Cutting Edge patch, a skin with a slider track override of [0,0,0], (an invisible sliderendcircle) and a transparent hitcircle will show a colour difference between the normal hit circle and the slider hit circle when the background dim is set to 100% - most likely due to transparency. As Quiesce mentions, this looks a lot like the sliderhitcircle has had its transparency value doubled; or in other words the hitcircle is being placed ontop of itself twice.
Fatal3ty
HitCircleOverlayAboveNumber: 1 is not working with newest update:

Before the update with looked better, but Sliderstartcircle were brighter. I want Hitcircle stays on, without making it bright.

And hitcircleoverlay-0.png is not working with newest update (Many Skins has a hitcircleoverlay-0.png, old Features, HitCircleOverlayAboveNumber: 1 is important for hitcircleoverlay-0.png)

Please Fix. :(
encryptik

Fatal3ty wrote:

And hitcircleoverlay-0.png is not working with newest update (Many Skins has a hitcircleoverlay-0.png, old Features, HitCircleOverlayAboveNumber: 1 is important for hitcircleoverlay-0.png)
Also getting this problem, somewhat relates to the bug I posted here p/3907488/
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Avoid cursor trail becoming unresponsive after a while at high frame rates. (Tom94)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150821.2cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
Toggeni
this is probably a minor issue but wanted to post it anyway.
It seems to only affect the cutting edge version as I had a friend who did not have the problem on the stable version but got it when he switched to cutting edge. It also seem to only affect this map on the tatoe difficulty. Possibly also only on catch the beat but I have not tried any of the other modes.

The issue is that for some reason that hyper appears there. It should not be there and it is not in the map.

As you can see the note does not exist. It just appears out of nowhere when you play it/ spectate it/ watch a replay of it. Also should be noted if I spectate someone playing the map on the stable version the note still appears but the player does not miss if they don't catch it.

A screenshot of my friend getting the same issue on cutting edge.
show more