forum

Does Windows 10 still suck balls or can I upgrade?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DEAR SPARK
About a month ago I tried it, and osu! was a pain in the ass to configure which is my primary game now that shit has hit the fan with StarCraft 2.

Also, I'm on 4GB of RAM and I hear Win10 can choke on that. Is this true?
Kitsunemimi
This may be just me, but I've run into a considerable number of bugs on Windows 10 already. If you don't mind it when shit blows up for no reason, or you're really into shiny new stuff, then it wouldn't be a bad idea. But that's probably not the case if you've come to post here about it.

If you ask me, if you're using Windows 8, I'd probably recommend upgrading. If you're on Windows 7, then you should probably just stick with it for a while (unless what I mentioned above applies to you). As far my experience goes, I'd describe Windows 10 as an upgrade in the sense that many new features or quirks were added, however the OS isn't distinctively "better" compared to Windows 7 in the way that Windows 7 was to Windows XP.

Alternatively, if you like having extra stuff like apps and Cortana and that stuff, then Windows 10 is good. If you prefer not to have any extra crap, and you want your OS to run as smoothly and as streamlined as possible, don't upgrade (from 7), ever.

Oh, and I don't think you'll have problems with 4 GB on Windows 10, although depending on what things you disable or leave on, your mileage may vary.
Alex311360
Runs alright, haven't run into any problems. It never has sucked balls.

Only problem is iCloud Photos, that constantly crashes Explorer until you close it in Task Manager.

Aside from that though, everything's fine.
B1rd
Don't install it if you value your privacy. It sends data to Microsoft whether you like it or not.
Alex311360

B1rd wrote:

Don't install it if you value your privacy. It sends data to Microsoft whether you like it or not.
Appears to be fixable.
B1rd

Alex311360 wrote:

B1rd wrote:

Appears to be fixable.
So even after going through all the bullcrap,

"Even after they disabled Cortana and turned off a bunch of privacy-related settings, the search box still seemed to be sending keystroke data back to Microsoft."

They still spy on your key stroke data. KEYSTROKE DATA. Bloody hell, don't endorse their spyware. Stay away from it.
Topic Starter
DEAR SPARK
This fixes the privacy issues you can't disable by default: https://github.com/10se1ucgo/DisableWin ... /releases/

Also, I didn't have Cortana. Maybe it's because my copy isn't genuine, or it's a Korean copy, idk
Arcane
Please dont update ;-; there are way too much help topics because people have issues with windows 10 QAQ just dont okay :cry:
Vuelo Eluko
my windows xp probably runs more stuff that windows 10 can

just run tiny7 if your computer is oldish,
Arcane

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

XD hahaha jesus1412 fan XDDD hahaha gunna make screenshottu of this XD
Topic Starter
DEAR SPARK

Arcane wrote:

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

In terms of stability, reliability, and general usage Windows XP blows every other version out of the water. I just use 7 now (Tried 10, noped the fuck out of there) cause with XP no longer receiving security updates it's basically a target for hackers
flash

B1rd wrote:

They still spy on your key stroke data. KEYSTROKE DATA. Bloody hell, don't endorse their spyware. Stay away from it.
You do realise this was only during the original Technical Preview stage, pretty sure this is long gone.
Shohei Ohtani
oh fuck don't unleash the B1rd
Trash Boat

Arcane wrote:

CAN YOU NOT? YEAH WE KNOW THAT WASNT A GOOD CHOICE BUT IT DOESNT MEAN YOU SHOULD LAUGH OF IT
E m i

Trash Boat wrote:

Arcane wrote:

CAN YOU NOT? YEAH WE KNOW THAT WASNT A GOOD CHOICE BUT IT DOESNT MEAN YOU SHOULD LAUGH OF IT
it was a good choice