forum

[Archived] Issues with Latest Cutting-edge Build (Post Here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Tom94
I just pushed a small update, could you test whether you still crash when disabling compatibility mode?
ukod
Still crashing outside of compatibility mode.
Tom94
If you put the following files into your skin, do you still crash? http://puu.sh/jDt0W/2d2b760b82.zip
(It should show you different images for 100s and 50s.)
ukod
Doesn't crash outside compatibility mode with your 100s and 50s anymore.
Tom94
Thanks a lot, this makes clear what's causing the issue. I'll try to figure out exactly what's going wrong and will let you know once it'd be good to test again. :)

Oh , another question, do you by any chance crash with the default skin?
ukod
No problem, and yes, I do crash with the default skin.
Tom94
Could you try downloading http://www.nvidia.de/object/geforce-experience-de.html and updating your graphics card driver to the latest one? I don't see any immediate issue with the relevant code and my particular card (which is also by nVidia) does not experience such crashes.
ukod
No crashes after updating my graphics card driver, cheers.
Anglachel
Yesterday it was working completely fine but today i cant even see songs http://webmup.com/a71ad/vid.webm
Trosk-

Anglachel4 wrote:

Yesterday it was working completely fine but today i cant even see songs http://webmup.com/a71ad/vid.webm
That is completely screwed... Close osu!, hold Shift while opening osu!, select Stable release stream and click on repair osu!. Let's see if that helps. If it doesn't, probably something is screwed on your osu! installation. If it does, try to go back to Cutting Edge and see if it's still happening.

If it's happening on any release stream, probably you will need to make a new osu! installation.
Anglachel

Trosk- wrote:

Anglachel4 wrote:

That is completely screwed... Close osu!, hold Shift while opening osu!, select Stable release stream and click on repair osu!. Let's see if that helps. If it doesn't, probably something is screwed on your osu! installation. If it does, try to go back to Cutting Edge and see if it's still happening.

If it's happening on any release stream, probably you will need to make a new osu! installation.
in stable mode it works fine but when i choose cutting edge that happens again
Trosk-

Anglachel4 wrote:

Hmm, is it happening on Beta? If it is happening on Beta too, could you try to change the release stream to Cutting Edge again and enable the Compatibility mode? If you can't from inside the game (because everything is screwed) try to hold Shift while opening osu! again and enable Compatibility mode from the configuration window.
Anglachel

Trosk- wrote:

Anglachel4 wrote:

Hmm, is it happening on Beta? If it is happening on Beta too, could you try to change the release stream to Cutting Edge again and enable the Compatibility mode? If you can't from inside the game (because everything is screwed) try to hold Shift while opening osu! again and enable Compatibility mode from the configuration window.

Everything is fine in beta too tried changing to cutting edge after beta but it is still like that
Trosk-

Anglachel4 wrote:

Everything is fine in beta too tried changing to cutting edge after beta but it is still like that
Did you try activating the Compatibility mode on Cutting Edge, like I said earlier?
Anglachel

Trosk- wrote:

Did you try activating the Compatibility mode on Cutting Edge, like I said earlier?
Yep but i am afraid that didn't work either
DeletedUser_4329079
Movement looks stuttery on the editor when playing a song, and I get considerably less fps while on the editor (800) than while playing (3400).

Also noticed that missing/sliderbreaking sprites are still often missing, so I can only hear the combo break sound with no visual clue of what happened but a note with no numbers at all (they just dissapear with no animation). This happens on like a 20-30% of the combo breaks. It happens on beta too, but not on stable.
luka-devnull
Is there a way to use plain ol' OpenGL now? With WINE, the new GLES+ANGLE combination is really putting a damper on everything, probably because of ANGLE. Cutting Edge has the same bad performance as Stable now since both use DirectX :(

Also, why move from just straight GL to having "GLES -> ANGLE-> DirectX"? Could it possible to make it so we can switch between the two, or a switch between ANGLE and the built-in EGL or WGL libraries if you can't switch between GL and GLES? That would really help us WINE users a lot!
abraker
Enabling shaders on an Intel GPU causes draw to plateau upon the start of kiai time

Mofu kun

happens on the 8/16/2015 update
peppy

aus4000 wrote:

Is there a way to use plain ol' OpenGL now? With WINE, the new GLES+ANGLE combination is really putting a damper on everything, probably because of ANGLE. Cutting Edge has the same bad performance as Stable now since both use DirectX :(

Also, why move from just straight GL to having "GLES -> ANGLE-> DirectX"? Could it possible to make it so we can switch between the two, or a switch between ANGLE and the built-in EGL or WGL libraries if you can't switch between GL and GLES? That would really help us WINE users a lot!
I think you're misunderstanding. We moved from OpenGL to OpenGL ES, which guaranteed more compatibility across platforms. Angle is not even activated unless you turn on compatibility mode. If you're getting worse performance, you'll need to fix your wine environment or wait for our official release on linux.
Tom94

Mofu kun wrote:

happens on the 8/16/2015 update
Update your graphics drivers, reboot, and try again, please. Please also tell us what hardware (and operating system) you are using and please upload your gl_info.txt file, found in your osu! directory.
Morbon
When you go to testplay at editor and turn on autoplay, then go back - crash, happens on last cutting edge build, and doesn't happen on stable.
Nobot
I am having an issue, whenever I try and set my osu! to cutting edge, it doesn't download it.

This is my "update_log_lastsuccess.txt"
8/17/2015 8:20:47 AM: Running cleanup..
8/17/2015 8:20:47 AM: Cleanup successful!
8/17/2015 8:20:47 AM: Resetting update process
8/17/2015 8:20:47 AM: CallbackStatus updated to Checking
8/17/2015 8:20:47 AM:
8/17/2015 8:20:47 AM: Beginning update thread
8/17/2015 8:20:47 AM: Stream: CuttingEdge
8/17/2015 8:20:47 AM:
8/17/2015 8:20:47 AM: Serious error occurred in update thread: System.InvalidProgramException: Common Language Runtime detected an invalid program.
at #Fe.#Ee.#nG()
at #Fe.#Ee.#R3b()
8/17/2015 8:20:47 AM: Returning NoUpdate state to caller
8/17/2015 8:20:47 AM: CallbackStatus updated to NoUpdate

Nothing really happens, it just stays on stable and says that osu! is up to date.
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
There is a slight drop in FPS with cutting edge versus beta. It's very small for me but public slack people seem to have larger drops.
Shizuyi
At least im not the only one with this problem
A Mystery

Trosk- wrote:

A Mystery wrote:

Is it just me, or is the cursor trail suddenly staying a lot longer since the very last CE update?

CE

Stable
I don't feel that effect on my skins, as well as on Default skin. Probably I'm wrong, but I think it's still the same.
Difference is pretty clear though, not sure why this suddenly happens (is something changed about skin settings). Don't really know how to edit the cursor trail duration, but I disabled it for now.
What even though I'm subscribed to this topic it didn't tell me there was a reply
MillhioreF
Due to huge particle optimizations in a recent patch, the cursor trail's length is no longer capped and can become much longer during fast movements. I see what you mean, though, and a skin.ini setting sounds pretty nice.
A Mystery

MillhioreF wrote:

Due to huge particle optimizations in a recent patch, the cursor trail's length is no longer capped and can become much longer during fast movements. I see what you mean, though, and a skin.ini setting sounds pretty nice.
Thanks for clarifying!
Yeah I would love to be able to edit it, it's really destracting to play with it now (at least to me)
peppy
@Nobot: you need to manually download a new build of osu! and replace your existing one.

Here's a link: http://m1.ppy.sh/r/osu!.exe
Nobot

peppy wrote:

@Nobot: you need to manually download a new build of osu! and replace your existing one.

Here's a link: http://m1.ppy.sh/r/osu!.exe
It worked! Thank you.
Spkz
I noticed a little glitch with the hit error on the latest cuttingedge build. Not really noticable, but sometimes the colors won't work they are just white. Screenshot:
Trosk-
That is intended I believe. t/347919

BanchoBot wrote:

Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix hit error display using incorrect colour on borderline 100s. Make slider initial clicks white (they don't affect accuracy). (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150818.2cuttingedge
Spkz
Sorry I wasn't paying attention
nns1337

nns1337 wrote:

My osu! won't update since the 29th of July, It just says there's a problem with my internet connection but there isn't. Ingame it wont download the stuff either, it just says there's an error downloading the files. Doesn't work when running osu! in admin mode aswell.

Bancho disconnected me today saying my osu! version is too old aswell.

Windows 10, Cutting Edge from 29th of July 2015, 20150729.2

Anyone got a fix for me?

Issue still the case. I got the version 20150810.3 from a friend, not updating from that also. Antivir and Windows Defender off, no other program which could cause the issue.
peppy
update_log.txt please
Ciuriya
Whenever I'm playing a map and enter the pause menu, there's a weird visual glitch that appears for 1-2 frames and disappears.
Video
Only happens in the newest cutting-edge build.
Windows 10, GTX 970 with 355.60 driver
Trosk-

Smc wrote:

Whenever I'm playing a map and enter the pause menu, there's a weird visual glitch that appears for 1-2 frames and disappears.
Video
Can't replicate and I have the same GPU with the same drivers. What are your osu! settings?
Ciuriya

Trosk- wrote:

Smc wrote:

Video
Can't replicate and I have the same GPU with the same drivers. What are your osu! settings?
It only seems to happen once in a while, 5-10% chance or so.
http://www.smcmax.me/s/2015-08-18_11-21-23.png
http://www.smcmax.me/s/2015-08-18_11-21-46.png
http://www.smcmax.me/s/2015-08-18_11-22-30.png
quaternary
The white bars on the hit-error bar affect osu!mania, which doesn't make sense because osu!mania does actually judge "slider" (long-note) timings.

Ninja edit: Actually everything is white
Lyra
It seems on certain maps, slider ticks are being generated where they aren't supposed to. So far, I've only found one, but I can confirm that this isn't an issue on stable and beta builds, only Cutting Edge. And it was not a problem yesterday. Just started today.

The map in question is https://osu.ppy.sh/s/311013 Difficulty name is "Ouroboros Division".

Here are screenshots, with screenshots under that of how they should normally look, as well as timing points for each underneath that. There are probably a lot more in this map, but these are the ones I noticed immediately.

00:07:968 (1) -

00:08:352 (2) -

00:15:660 (3) -

So far, this is the only map I've seen this happen, but if I find any more while playing, I will edit my post with more examples.
show more