forum

[Archived] Music hanging when changing song in song select

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HyunMi_old_1
Problem Details:
The song hangs for a short amount of time when you click(holding the click) to a new song

Steps to reproduce:
1) go in single player
2) switch to the above song in your song select but instead of a short click hold your mouse button

clicking really fast trough the song seems to help

Reproduce rate: Low
Importance: low

osu! version: 20150812.11 (latest)
Houtarou Oreki
Doesn't really happen to me in cutting edge, but I may do something wrong. When holding my mouse button it just lets me scroll the list precisely. Until I release the button it doesn't stop the music from already selected song.
Trosk-
Can't replicate. Would you mind recording a short video or something?
Topic Starter
HyunMi_old_1
I will try to record something, only back home in 3 days doe, it's really hard to reproduce, sometime it works but mostly not, o btw you have to restart osu for the next try
TheVileOne
How do you switch songs while holding your mouse button? You need to release the button to switch songs.
Arcane
i can confirm this i have the same problem, but not Always just sometimes. It actually doesn't matter how i change the song (scrolling,ArrowKeys,Clicking,F2) it hangs sometimes. usually i restart my Osu! and the problem is fixed.. :0

I could describe it like this: If you click f2 and it randomly goes to a song. so if you click it again (F2) the songs selector gets :
-Stuck (Client Restart required)
or
-when selecting the new song you hear the music of the other song. ( Usually spam f2 and spamming other ways to slect songs, fixes this but not Always and a client restart is required)

It doesnt happen often but at least 3-4 times a week of playing an average of 3-5 hours per day. (i hope this helps you to get an image of the scenario)
TheVileOne
I've never experienced this, especially since I fixed a whole bunch of random related null refs.