forum

What's the deepest/smartest anime you've seen?

posted
Total Posts
show more
tanteiRE
Liar Game for intelligence, and it badly needs an anime adaptation. Simply because series with anime just get more attention, and this one can't get enough.
And then either Another, One Piece, or Henneko for deep.
fiducia67
No game no life - smartest anime
Deepest anime - NANA
abraker
Anime movie: Wolf Children
Anime Series: Steins;Gate
-SayaKai
Steins;Gate
VanillaCloud

-ryusakihatsue- wrote:

Zetsuen no Tempest :v

actually i'm not sure ._.
Definitely! Also No Game No Life for smartest and Zankyou no Terror for deepest
Green Platinum
NGNL again? In a 1-2 years time we'll have people posting Danmachi.
Lovalyn
Detective conan.-.
Lovalyn

Green Platinum wrote:

Yeah :v
Mafuuu
But Danmachi doesn't really add anything different to the popular genre fad besides that weird ribbon thing so people will probably just stick to NGNL. Even NGNL had it's 2colorful4u art and a "smart" feel to make it slightly different. Slightly.

I could be wrong though. Fanboys confuse me.
Green Platinum

Mafuuu wrote:

But Danmachi doesn't really add anything different to the popular genre fad besides that weird ribbon thing so people will probably just stick to NGNL. Even NGNL had it's 2colorful4u art and a "smart" feel to make it slightly different. Slightly.

I could be wrong though. Fanboys confuse me.
Ngnl is in the same situation I don't see what people find so smart about it
Mafuuu

Green Platinum wrote:

Ngnl is in the same situation I don't see what people find so smart about it
Following today's anime logic:

Main character/s = Smart
Main character/s = Show
Therefore Show = Smart
xNinjaKittyx
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Steins;gate for meh
HazeL
Code Geass. Both
totekingsg1
NHK ni youkoso by far, it represents some of the deepest feelings/thoughts of the people in a very particular way.
Zefo

Cropzy wrote:

boku no pico
Very smart and very good, would watch again..... LMFAO
Telstra3G
Steins;Gate
I guess is the smartest anime I've seen
Annadine
No oregairu? :>
Green Platinum

annadine wrote:

No oregairu? :>
nope
Navizel
deep/smart != edgy

edit: as much as I like Oregairu it isn't really deep.
Annadine

Navizel wrote:

edit: as much as I like Oregairu it isn't really deep.
lol, I think so too
It's more like smart than deep
...or maybe it's just me not understanding some big words! XD
Green Platinum
Oregairu isn't very contemplative over ideas or trying to communicate anything particularly great.

Pretty much just high school is hard and friendship is great

Smart writing for the end of season 2, although the rest tends to drag on. I don't think anything adapted from a light novel can achieve being smart and deep, otherwise it just gets called a novel like Penguindrum and Shiki.
Reva
Gosick
Liiraye
Ergo proxy has had a big impact on me and basically got me out of shounen and into more seinen and mature stuff.
Space brothers hit me hard because of how much I could relate to the MC and how he hated his lifestyle, then being revitalized by picking up the passion he had as a child.
NHK ofc, has a very strong message while portraying the depressing lives many people lead today. The helplessness and depression mixed with dark comedy made me rethink what I did in life and strive for my goals.
Colorful, even though a bit cliche, is also important to me in how people cope with their reality, and change/adapt to it.
Shinsekai yori plays with humanitary and moral questions. I find it odd as to how people don't seem to finish it. Squealer best antagonist.
At this point I'm not sure how deep the disappearence is by definition, but it definitely hits home for me personally.
Steins gate may not be as deep as I find it fun and experimentive with time travel and alternate universes. It has some clever ideas though
Paprika is pretty cool
I only read monster manga but I found it quite clever too.
Bebop gets me emotional and is relatively deep at times.
Probably more but can't think of em atm/ at work lel
Green Platinum

Liiraye wrote:

Shinsekai yori plays with humanitary and moral questions. I find it odd as to how people don't seem to finish it. Squealer best antagonist.
At this point I'm not sure how deep the disappearence is by definition, but it definitely hits home for me personally.
From what I can gather the fact that two guys kiss spooked a lot of people Clearly not realising it's importance
The Baka-nezumi's can make you feel a bit queasy too.
Liiraye

Green Platinum wrote:

Liiraye wrote:

From what I can gather the fact that two guys kiss spooked a lot of people Clearly not realising it's importance
The Baka-nezumi's can make you feel a bit queasy too.
It's such a shame considering how the show picks off afterwards
Green Platinum

Liiraye wrote:

It's such a shame considering how the show picks off afterwards
The show is great the entire way through you just can't appreciate it without both halves
Raiken-

Liiraye wrote:

Ergo proxy has had a big impact on me and basically got me out of shounen and into more seinen and mature stuff.
this is my answer
_knots
texhnolyze
Arief Santosa
hmmm, much much much :roll:
Sanxu_old
K-On! without a doubt
melloe

Mafuuu wrote:

Mushishi still tops my list of deepest anime. It's not a very long list but still.

(If manga counts, because manga is relatively deeper most of the time imo, then anything by Asano Inio)
Anything by Asano Inio? Really? I think the guy's overrated, especially with all the praised being heaped onto him, but...I still think that emotionally his stuff goes pretty deep. Visually, he's one of the best I've come across.
Regardless, better get started on Mushishi. Is the anime so much worse than the manga? I wanted to watch it so I'd have something to talk to my friend about. Not many people read manga nowadays :x

Bokurano has an anime, but I haven't watched it. Heard they changed the ending a bit. I did love the manga, though.
Princess Mononoke was pretty smart. Not in a liar game type of way, but the paradox of man vs nature that the film spent an hour meditating on was something I enjoyed.
Ochinchi-sama
Nichijou - deepest quotes.
flamingo666_old
Steins;Gate. No doubt.
CreepyExplotion
Steins;Gate
Green Platinum

Green Platinum wrote:

Danmachi
Larc
ACCA 13-ku Kansatsu-ka : story about mc become intermediaries of coup d'etat, i like he always stay calm and not really care about problem around himself. and is not just deepest/smartest characters but story too.
sky0565
Code Geass
mochiron_desu
prolly deathnote
Sugar_owo
death note lmao
Dean Herbert
If you're asking about a show with smart/clever characters, then probably code geass.
If you're asking about a show that makes you think, probably the Tatami Galaxy. I Want to Eat Your Pancreas had me thinking for a while about what it means to live, too
show more