forum

Tablet transition

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BleuVitriol
Is it just me or is from mouse to tablet a really hard transition to make. I feel like jumping across the screen from note to note is easier, but my accuracy of hitting notes like I use to has gone down. Do I just have my sensitivity on too high or putting pen on a wrong angle?
Ayachi Meme
you are rank 250k
Plane
How long have you had a tablet? Which tablet did you get? I haven't had that much difficulty going over to tablet. It's only been a few days, and I'm enjoying it quite a lot. Surely, my accuracy and everything else is a bit off compared to how I played with mouse, considering I got my osu! tablet a few days ago.

Then again, my rank is terribad.
repr1se
It takes time. I needed maybe 3 or 4 weeks to get accustomed to my tablet.
Destiny
It's just a re-learning phase, just keep playing and you'll get more comfortable as you go.
Topic Starter
BleuVitriol

Paronte wrote:

How long have you had a tablet? Which tablet did you get? I haven't had that much difficulty going over to tablet. It's only been a few days, and I'm enjoying it quite a lot. Surely, my accuracy and everything else is a bit off compared to how I played with mouse, considering I got my osu! tablet a few days ago.

Then again, my rank is terribad.
Also my pen hand gets shaky, my hand just gets pretty tense. I do not know if I'm nervous and not see it or what. I guess it just takes time. I have a Wacom Intuos pen and touch.
Mahogany
You'll get used to it in time
Deterioration

BleuVitriol wrote:

Is it just me or is from mouse to tablet a really hard transition to make. I feel like jumping across the screen from note to note is easier, but my accuracy of hitting notes like I use to has gone down. Do I just have my sensitivity on too high or putting pen on a wrong angle?
mouse is equal to tablet, the problem is that noone tries to get good with mouse anymore
momura
a week ago when i was still using mouse my best score was a 99.03% fc on a 4.26 star map
after a week which is today i got this score with relax mod in 2 tries:
http://puu.sh/jpawJ/f414c5a949.jpg

so yeah either the transition was pretty good or i suck really hard with mouse
A Medic
Just keep on practicing and you eventually get the hang of it.
ZenithPhantasm
Find a better grip.
Endaris
This is exactly what's expected to happen.
Mouse offers more stability while tablet makes it easier to jump but harder to remain on point after a jump.
It's a different device, learn to deal with it, find a good grip/tablet area and play more.
pandaBee
Your active area is too small.
-Makishima S-
1) Full tablet area or gtfo
2) Find stable grip and use your wrist
3) Play maps on your skill level, nothing above
???????????
nano.RIPE - Kodama Kotodama [Fycho's Insane] (81.97%) - why the fuck you even play this.... leave it
your top ranks are shit, fix this and you will see diffrence
rogueshadow12
Hey :D
I used to play with a mouse (1500 dpi, default windows and ingame sens) for about a year before I switched to a tablet.
I got used to it in like 2 days or something (plus I immediately saw some good results)

It just takes some practice (and experience in the game to make the transition easier imo)
And as others said, it's like relearning the game so play with some lower difficulties to get used to the tablet. Playing full area is like playing with a low dpi imo (you have to move your whole arm just like on a low dpi mouse)

Also I recommend finding the right settings for you (osu resolution. active area, etc) and get used to it/practice a lot with it

Enjoy your tab :D