forum

[Archived] Issues with Latest Cutting-edge Build (Post Here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
I'm trying to replicate the issue with applause and everything seems to work as intended. I can't replicate the described behaviour.
Trosk-

TheVileOne wrote:

I'm trying to replicate the issue with applause and everything seems to work as intended. I can't replicate the described behaviour.
Try with an initial Master volume of 45% or lower and start lowering the volume at the moment the screen changes from playing to score screen. I'm not being able to replicate it with an initial Master volume of 50% or higher. I could replicate it with more than 50% in the end.

Just try to start changing the volume when osu! is switching from playing to score screen.

Yabuki Nako
I'm using the CE since a couple of weeks now and it work perfectly fine.
The non-existent input lag in fullscreen is amazing.

I have one minor issue though, an audio one. When I'm switching the audio advices, sometimes the current song I hear (menu, playing, spec, replay, whatever), becomes a nightcore one. I wonder if it's just an issue with my DAC (prolly ?). But that not a big deal, really.

Windows 10, i5, R9 280 running at 1400~ fps.
Trosk-

Mayu Watanabe wrote:

I'm using the CE since a couple of weeks now and it work perfectly fine.
The non-existent input lag in fullscreen is amazing.

I have one minor issue though, an audio one. When I'm switching the audio advices, sometimes the current song I hear (menu, playing, spec, replay, whatever), becomes a nightcore one. I wonder if it's just an issue with my DAC (prolly ?). But that not a big deal, really.
I believe that this has been reported before and it's known. At least I remember someone telling that he/she had the same problem sometimes.

Edit: The original thread for this issue. t/326180
Yabuki Nako
Oh I see, thanks !
Jerome
In the cutting edge build, ticking the "full screen" option doesn't appear to work as intended, I think. It feels more like borderless window - alt-tabbing from the game is incredibly quick, my FPS is the same as if I was using borderless window and I still experience the infamous lag of Windows 8.1. I'm not sure if this is an intentional change or something solely to do with my system but on stable, Fullscreen works as intended (no lag and it takes a few seconds to alt-tab out of the game).

I've tried some helpful suggestions - loading up the game holding shift to check the settings, clicking the option Confine cursor to window and other things, but I feel like I'm getting the windows 8 vsync lag and not playing in a proper full screen.
Tom94

Jerome wrote:

In the cutting edge build, ticking the "full screen" option doesn't appear to work as intended, I think. It feels more like borderless window - alt-tabbing from the game is incredibly quick, my FPS is the same as if I was using borderless window and I still experience the infamous lag of Windows 8.1. I'm not sure if this is an intentional change or something solely to do with my system but on stable, Fullscreen works as intended (no lag and it takes a few seconds to alt-tab out of the game).

I've tried some helpful suggestions - loading up the game holding shift to check the settings, clicking the option Confine cursor to window and other things, but I feel like I'm getting the windows 8 vsync lag and not playing in a proper full screen.
Can you let us know what hardware you are using? Also does the osu! window flash black when you toggle fullscreen on and off?
Jerome
GPU: GeForce GTX 980
CPU: Intel i7-4790K 4GHz
RAM: 16 GB
Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24-inch 144Hz

Yes it does when I toggle fullscreen off and on. Any programs I have running (like OBS) do seem to treat osu as if it is in fullscreen without problem, but I'm just surprised that a fullscreen application can tab-out so instantly (as if it was borderless window) whereas in Stable it is similar to a normal application (3-4 seconds of blackness before alt-tabbing). Just wondering if you know what's changed this or whether its something to do with my computer.

Also I swear there is still the vsync windows 8 lag but it could just be a silly placebo from me. Is there a way to check the exact latency of my cursor so I can do a comparison? Thanks Tom.
Tom94

Jerome wrote:

GPU: GeForce GTX 980
CPU: Intel i7-4790K 4GHz
RAM: 16 GB
Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24-inch 144Hz

Yes it does when I toggle fullscreen off and on. Any programs I have running (like OBS) do seem to treat osu as if it is in fullscreen without problem, but I'm just surprised that a fullscreen application can tab-out so instantly (as if it was borderless window) whereas in Stable it is similar to a normal application (3-4 seconds of blackness before alt-tabbing). Just wondering if you know what's changed this or whether its something to do with my computer.

Also I swear there is still the vsync windows 8 lag but it could just be a silly placebo from me. Is there a way to check the exact latency of my cursor so I can do a comparison? Thanks Tom.
There is no way to check your latency, but if your programs treat fullscreen as actual fullscreen and your screen flashes black when toggling, then it is very likely that you are in actual fullscreen. Do you maybe have VSync of GSync forced in your driver? This could cause you to feel a latency since osu! can't do anything against the drivers enforcing a lower refresh rate. You can enable the ingame FPS display to check whether you get higher FPS than you screen's refresh rate.

The quick alt-tab is one of the benefits of OpenGL - you can't do that with DirectX. ;)
Jerome
Praise OpenGL I guess! Thanks for all the help man
nns1337
My osu! won't update since the 29th of July, It just says there's a problem with my internet connection but there isn't. Ingame it wont download the stuff either, it just says there's an error downloading the files. Doesn't work when running osu! in admin mode aswell.

Bancho disconnected me today saying my osu! version is too old aswell.

Windows 10, Cutting Edge from 29th of July 2015, 20150729.2

Anyone got a fix for me?
Trosk-

nns1337 wrote:

My osu! won't update since the 29th of July, It just says there's a problem with my internet connection but there isn't. Ingame it wont download the stuff either, it just says there's an error downloading the files. Doesn't work when running osu! in admin mode aswell.

Anyone got a fix for me?
Is it a update loop or just getting a Connection problem error? If it's a loop, try what is said here.

Also, check that your firewall is not blocking osu!.

Dropping this here, a user getting another message of connection problem. t/354967
nns1337

Trosk- wrote:

nns1337 wrote:

Anyone got a fix for me?
Is it a update loop or just getting a Connection problem error? If it's a loop, try what is said here.

Also, check that your firewall is not blocking osu!.

Dropping this here, a user getting another message of connection problem. t/354967
I've done it, doesn't work aswell tho.
peppy
Something must be blocking your osu! client. Virus scanner, firewall, whatever.
nns1337

peppy wrote:

Something must be blocking your osu! client. Virus scanner, firewall, whatever.
Windows Defender and Avast are deactivated. I couldn't imagine anything else, the rest is all the stuff I had on Windows 8 aswell, and it worked there.

Also, it worked already, I'm on Windows 10 since the 26th of July, it stopped working 3 days later.
Icha

Trosk- wrote:

_index wrote:

It seems like SwapBuffer lag spikes are back on cutting edge version for some previous builds and current one
Random stuttering every 3-5 seconds, every 7-15 seconds after osu! reload.
AMD 8150, gtx 970, win 8.1
Do you get them while playing? I have some of these on Song Selection screen and not while playing (They are barely noticeable). Check it with the Auto mod so you can see the performance graph.

i think that describes my issue pretty well with the lag spikes, i also get them during songs...makes DT AR-8,AR-9,AR-10 very difficult to play (more then usual for me) and i fail songs cause of the spikes sometimes, my specs are AMD A-10 6790K, GTX650, 8gb ram and windows 10

UPDATE- upon remembering the same issue in windows 8 i realized that i had turned off fast start up for windows 8 and it solved the issues... i turned off fast startup for windows 10 and it solved my issue
Tom94

Icha wrote:

UPDATE- upon remembering the same issue in windows 8 i realized that i had turned off fast start up for windows 8 and it solved the issues... i turned off fast startup for windows 10 and it solved my issue
Are you sure it was not the reboot itself causing the stutters to go away? Often a simple reboot helps when my PC decides to become dumb and stuttery like this.

It would be great if you could attempt a fresh reboot into fast startup again and see whether it really makes a difference. That would be super interesting, since then we could give people an actual solution to this problem.
nns1337
I've updated my NVIDIA drivers on the 29th, but that wouldn't make any sense if this is the issue

/u/2279034 helped me with the issue. I got the latest osu!.exe from him and it updated again.
Shizuyi
Osu itself seems to work perfectly fine, at least i can not see anything that is not working but everytime i open or close osu a Crash informatioon appears in Windows. Osu didnt crash either!

SPOILER
Quelle
osu!

Zusammenfassung
Nicht mehr funktionsfähig

Datum
‎07.‎08.‎2015 18:21

Status
Der Bericht wurde gesendet.

Beschreibung
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: D:\Program Files (x86)\osu!\osu!.exe

Problemsignatur
Problemereignisame: APPCRASH
Anwendungsname: osu!.exe
Anwendungsversion: 1.3.3.7
Anwendungszeitstempel: 55c4bbda
Fehlermodulname: nvoglv32.DLL
Fehlermodulversion: 10.18.13.5362
Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 55b031c2
Ausnahmecode: c0000005
Ausnahmeoffset: 00790de6
Betriebsystemversion: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
Zusatzinformation 1: 5861
Zusatzinformation 2: 5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2
Zusatzinformation 3: a10f
Zusatzinformation 4: a10ff7d2bb2516fdc753f9c34fc3b069

Weitere Informationen über das Problem
Bucket-ID: 5496e46bc561a26eb133c2c9ae013b5a (107508983958)
DeletedUser_4329079

Shizuyi wrote:

Damn this game knows when to crash
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Run tag colour assignment logic on the main thread. (TheVileOne)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150807.1cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
Someone will need to test if choosing non default colours in tag coop still has problems.
A Mystery
http://puu.sh/jthsW/b28ff88ec3.mp4

Crash occurs when trying to remove an object of this diff form this mapset https://osu.ppy.sh/b/603797, haven't found any other maps where this happens (yet)
Only happens in CE, not Beta or stable
Trosk-

A Mystery wrote:

Crash occurs when trying to remove an object of this diff form this mapset https://osu.ppy.sh/b/603797, haven't found any other maps where this happens (yet)
Would be nice if you copy and paste the crashlog here. (Click on the girl of the osu! crashed window)

Welp, there you have it:

Crashlog.
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at #=qoqJdlWnW0m8N_1wzInwYspZ7oDvWOlQpfdVeVoz$Ewk=.#=qRfLpx2VVaJtDsQ1E4UMM$Bp2NfP8SknPLdplWsG1O$0=()
at #=qoqJdlWnW0m8N_1wzInwYspZ7oDvWOlQpfdVeVoz$Ewk=..ctor(#=qc4sYn9aguomLQqhsfA$XBLeLgLE5MTawvyvoiSUVoAI= #=qig2CDBE5IjrnVeYvQoDOQA==, #=qwAoUbDpo0WNg0chc2EbsFaWMdpL022pr5r7TnFNZ2ZA= #=qokjeVFlv5z3VsrszMc69$g==, Origins #=qNDCN0KhtASQNwDzjfR0AdA==, #=qypy5Ufogb7V_pMz7wqUG8mwtL3BtQHWn7mXuOxwaz2k= #=qatomg1_QaNlgmXLJC2J5uA==, Vector2 #=q0$Lm6zNgBIt4ihtvANOFJQ==, Single #=qP0LqYVCPP2F2h3q8T9UNpQ==, Boolean #=qKaygqSZCkKRlzLvIvUsKdg==, Color #=q41F9TlbvZE5uZq4vUvcFCw==, Object #=qkEXNQgR8$4csXJNdIMaHdQ==)
at #=qoqJdlWnW0m8N_1wzInwYspZ7oDvWOlQpfdVeVoz$Ewk=.#=qIy0271Tac3ZEgde45VhZiQ==()
at #=qkjcwim0dv4CaywCFioPitwkBajAnttHseRi3p9czJJfAKmrT5Mfj7Jq19VgHYkRd.#=qIy0271Tac3ZEgde45VhZiQ==()
at #=q4ab8vm7RWkKxfR10khadEwBtPao5OYU2bz7OIYVnNXFfqSIX_5mWNSCjfQZsa$A5.#=qIy0271Tac3ZEgde45VhZiQ==()
at #=qSBN9HWV2Cl0F$aLsG6pjq6IfQn5rvfEws$oT5bj3_S8=.#=q0s599peT3ayulI0H3YxZuA==(Boolean #=qQnQtwu8XvdOD1UrPZuYt8w==)
at #=qth$RRjXs2fCBNLnHPw2dzJrjUczRgNGwhRB9StvR6o0qJaDjwc3ApUZN4Vd$MSYu.#=qE2hUpomRmVhL$GjYjDJ$E0cinoJnyLJPovdJoNRGIck=()
at #=qth$RRjXs2fCBNLnHPw2dzJrjUczRgNGwhRB9StvR6o0qJaDjwc3ApUZN4Vd$MSYu.#=qZxyWi9zsQq0jEhSIugfBaw==(Keys #=qdLJ_h4Jqxq_W6h9RoEDu6A==, Boolean #=q_b1s9dDfOFz$bPbqWQQN2A==)
at #=qSBN9HWV2Cl0F$aLsG6pjq6IfQn5rvfEws$oT5bj3_S8=.#=q$cqJTOt2CMTETSmg3uETkm0Pd8V5Iuz4QmoKL7uFuEg=(Object #=qbl9VtLtnPFXO7JwcMhSYEA==, Keys #=qPUtkZWkDBSdfbLHV9WSgVQ==, Boolean #=q_b1s9dDfOFz$bPbqWQQN2A==)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
at #=qHeikw0qCLffsQFW1cYkrBU7G2RklqdYETGrY3Vidf9t0tJX7lB90oRUhefUeK6Nl.#=qxdCFhasO3cr64XnbUJW3VA==(Keys #=qPUtkZWkDBSdfbLHV9WSgVQ==, Boolean #=q_b1s9dDfOFz$bPbqWQQN2A==)
at #=qHeikw0qCLffsQFW1cYkrBU7G2RklqdYETGrY3Vidf9t0tJX7lB90oRUhefUeK6Nl.#=qQgFYdHycmH$Vy3jCElVyVQ==(Keys #=qPUtkZWkDBSdfbLHV9WSgVQ==)
at #=qJsgutjysZvfXivBx1FHycO_10uftGjVRwg9EPM1fI90=.#=q6GjRShgC97NaaIWZ28vs_g==(List`1 #=qdLJ_h4Jqxq_W6h9RoEDu6A==)
at #=qJsgutjysZvfXivBx1FHycO_10uftGjVRwg9EPM1fI90=.#=q7_1ZJvOz7MDRmQ18_zXmIA==()
at #=qGcNoCutviOl2c_DmzVvuUQ==.#=qOfB102Zy6vklTwQqIfEPhg==()
at #=qXginS44Nyaq0_ZlSpX6sjcgy6JOi7RMyIUkWCGRGgx0=.#=qhZd33RJsqOVvvZO7TZCRqQ==()
at #=qXginS44Nyaq0_ZlSpX6sjcgy6JOi7RMyIUkWCGRGgx0=.#=qQjuPwD4oEhy6P5_XioiROg==(Object #=qbl9VtLtnPFXO7JwcMhSYEA==, EventArgs #=qJsSAqHGuN_zo5Qyuh1mv9A==)
at #=qrAll74jleZzJzWDClGQpfJ4c0Lup1Hc2oB_c1TLvLNuLvqFac8DJj9Ik3L1$HFXT.#=qOykkFcsFiBLcDOtpfDdjFw==()
at #=qmZGe8sdVMSorrQYddM_SZwExcdGNvGHuJpYW_dQKSQxK84LM4fpCoHjiAEXo2h0A.#=qZdU6ZCFu_1eKtP1OHTAju6jCm5fEO9Eu7ljAPY9wc60=(Object #=qbl9VtLtnPFXO7JwcMhSYEA==, EventArgs #=qJsSAqHGuN_zo5Qyuh1mv9A==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #=qmZGe8sdVMSorrQYddM_SZwExcdGNvGHuJpYW_dQKSQxK84LM4fpCoHjiAEXo2h0A.#=qeILz7nkdPCNEOU1i7W98Og==()
at #=qXginS44Nyaq0_ZlSpX6sjcgy6JOi7RMyIUkWCGRGgx0=.#=qeILz7nkdPCNEOU1i7W98Og==()
at #=qSIYNhewmw72uVYn70MVqzQ==.#=qDQhS18s6QFlk8bJZ_YEDUw==(String #=qmS7hxTbqOEinzf2nE4hphg==, Boolean #=qp16BWvZYayrm_belVfo6GWB7QBA_keMz9HvWXyAZZNk=, Boolean #=qYz1mXn1zdZ9ecfmhjs$rpgTLnNjS9DJU$aDyyygIG5c=, Boolean #=qUkeolicMd0pnvAqviYCZxA==)
Shizuyi
Besides what i posted earlier now osu! starts crashing randomyl while playing. Its only since the latest update. Did not happen before. Osu itself doesnt give a note of crashing but Windows does.

SPOILER
Quelle
osu!

Zusammenfassung
Nicht mehr funktionsfähig

Datum
‎08.‎08.‎2015 01:14

Status
Der Bericht wurde gesendet.

Beschreibung
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: D:\Program Files (x86)\osu!\osu!.exe

Problemsignatur
Problemereignisame: APPCRASH
Anwendungsname: osu!.exe
Anwendungszeitstempel: 55c4f93d
Fehlermodulname: nvoglv32.DLL
Fehlermodulversion: 10.18.13.5362
Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 55b031c2
Ausnahmecode: c0000005
Ausnahmeoffset: 008d4b6d
Betriebsystemversion: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
Zusatzinformation 1: 5861
Zusatzinformation 2: 5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2
Zusatzinformation 3: a10f
Zusatzinformation 4: a10ff7d2bb2516fdc753f9c34fc3b069

Weitere Informationen über das Problem
Bucket-ID: 098318bfcc7b93bc0a6b78831f4fcf29 (107509696050)

Seems to be soemthing with the new vertex buffer on OpenGL. Maybe my gl_info belwo will help. :)
SPOILER
GL Version:                 4.5.0 NVIDIA 353.62
GL Renderer: GeForce GTX 780 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
GL Shader Language version: 4.50 NVIDIA
GL Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GL Extensions: GL_AMD_multi_draw_indirect GL_AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays GL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_bindless_texture GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_buffer_storage GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object GL_ARB_clear_texture GL_ARB_clip_control GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_compatibility GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage GL_ARB_conservative_depth GL_ARB_compute_shader GL_ARB_compute_variable_group_size GL_ARB_conditional_render_inverted GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_copy_image GL_ARB_cull_distance GL_ARB_debug_output GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_derivative_control GL_ARB_direct_state_access GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend GL_ARB_draw_indirect GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_enhanced_layouts GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_ES3_compatibility GL_ARB_ES3_1_compatibility GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_fragment_layer_viewport GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_framebuffer_no_attachments GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_geometry_shader4 GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_get_texture_sub_image GL_ARB_gpu_shader5 GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64 GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_indirect_parameters GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_internalformat_query GL_ARB_internalformat_query2 GL_NV_internalformat_sample_query GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_ARB_multi_bind GL_ARB_multi_draw_indirect GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_occlusion_query2 GL_ARB_pipeline_statistics_query GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_program_interface_query GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_robust_buffer_access_behavior GL_ARB_robustness GL_ARB_sample_shading GL_ARB_sampler_objects GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map GL_ARB_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_atomic_counters GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding GL_ARB_shader_draw_parameters GL_ARB_shader_group_vote GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store GL_ARB_shader_image_size GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_precision GL_ARB_query_buffer_object GL_ARB_shader_storage_buffer_object GL_ARB_shader_subroutine GL_ARB_shader_texture_image_samples GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack GL_ARB_shading_language_include GL_ARB_shading_language_packing GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_sparse_buffer GL_ARB_sparse_texture GL_ARB_stencil_texturing GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_tessellation_shader GL_ARB_texture_barrier GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object_rgb32 GL_ARB_texture_buffer_range GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_compression_bptc GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_cube_map_array GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_gather GL_ARB_texture_mirror_clamp_to_edge GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_multisample GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_query_levels GL_ARB_texture_query_lod GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui GL_ARB_texture_stencil8 GL_ARB_texture_storage GL_ARB_texture_storage_multisample GL_ARB_texture_swizzle GL_ARB_texture_view GL_ARB_timer_query GL_ARB_transform_feedback2 GL_ARB_transform_feedback3 GL_ARB_transform_feedback_instanced GL_ARB_transform_feedback_overflow_query GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_ARB_vertex_array_object GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_64bit GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_binding GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_vertex_type_10f_11f_11f_rev GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev GL_ARB_viewport_array GL_ARB_window_pos GL_ATI_draw_buffers GL_ATI_texture_float GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_S3_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_bindable_uniform GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_Cg_shader GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test GL_EXT_direct_state_access GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 GL_EXT_draw_instanced GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXTX_framebuffer_mixed_formats GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_EXT_geometry_shader4 GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_gpu_shader4 GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_packed_float GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_polygon_offset_clamp GL_EXT_provoking_vertex GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_shader_objects GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shader_image_load_store GL_EXT_shader_integer_mix GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_array GL_EXT_texture_buffer_object GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_integer GL_EXT_texture_lod GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_EXT_texture_storage GL_EXT_texture_swizzle GL_EXT_timer_query GL_EXT_transform_feedback2 GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra GL_EXT_vertex_attrib_64bit GL_EXT_import_sync_object GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_KHR_context_flush_control GL_KHR_debug GL_KHR_robust_buffer_access_behavior GL_KHR_robustness GL_KTX_buffer_region GL_NV_bindless_multi_draw_indirect GL_NV_bindless_multi_draw_indirect_count GL_NV_bindless_texture GL_NV_blend_equation_advanced GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_command_list GL_NV_compute_program5 GL_NV_conditional_render GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color GL_NV_copy_image GL_NV_depth_buffer_float GL_NV_depth_clamp GL_NV_draw_texture GL_NV_ES1_1_compatibility GL_NV_ES3_1_compatibility GL_NV_explicit_multisample GL_NV_fence GL_NV_float_buffer GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_fragment_program GL_NV_fragment_program_option GL_NV_fragment_program2 GL_NV_framebuffer_multisample_coverage GL_NV_geometry_shader4 GL_NV_gpu_program4 GL_NV_gpu_program4_1 GL_NV_gpu_program5 GL_NV_gpu_program5_mem_extended GL_NV_gpu_program_fp64 GL_NV_gpu_shader5 GL_NV_half_float GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_multisample_coverage GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint GL_NV_occlusion_query GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object2 GL_NV_path_rendering GL_NV_pixel_data_range GL_NV_point_sprite GL_NV_primitive_restart GL_NV_register_combiners GL_NV_register_combiners2 GL_NV_shader_atomic_counters GL_NV_shader_atomic_float GL_NV_shader_atomic_int64 GL_NV_shader_buffer_load GL_NV_shader_storage_buffer_object GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_barrier GL_NV_texture_compression_vtc GL_NV_texture_env_combine4 GL_NV_texture_multisample GL_NV_texture_rectangle GL_NV_texture_shader GL_NV_texture_shader2 GL_NV_texture_shader3 GL_NV_transform_feedback GL_NV_transform_feedback2 GL_NV_uniform_buffer_unified_memory GL_NV_vertex_array_range GL_NV_vertex_array_range2 GL_NV_vertex_attrib_integer_64bit GL_NV_vertex_buffer_unified_memory GL_NV_vertex_program GL_NV_vertex_program1_1 GL_NV_vertex_program2 GL_NV_vertex_program2_option GL_NV_vertex_program3 GL_NVX_conditional_render GL_NVX_gpu_memory_info GL_NVX_nvenc_interop GL_NV_shader_thread_group GL_NV_shader_thread_shuffle GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_SGIX_depth_texture GL_SGIX_shadow GL_SUN_slice_accum GL_WIN_swap_hint WGL_EXT_swap_control
GL Context: Index: 8, Color: 32 (8888), Depth: 24, Stencil: 0, Samples: 0, Accum: 64 (16161616), Buffers: 2, Stereo: False
A Mystery

Trosk- wrote:

A Mystery wrote:

Would be nice if you copy and paste the crashlog here. (Click on the girl of the osu! crashed window)

Welp, there you have it:

Crashlog.
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at #=qoqJdlWnW0m8N_1wzInwYspZ7oDvWOlQpfdVeVoz$Ewk=.#=qRfLpx2VVaJtDsQ1E4UMM$Bp2NfP8SknPLdplWsG1O$0=()
at #=qoqJdlWnW0m8N_1wzInwYspZ7oDvWOlQpfdVeVoz$Ewk=..ctor(#=qc4sYn9aguomLQqhsfA$XBLeLgLE5MTawvyvoiSUVoAI= #=qig2CDBE5IjrnVeYvQoDOQA==, #=qwAoUbDpo0WNg0chc2EbsFaWMdpL022pr5r7TnFNZ2ZA= #=qokjeVFlv5z3VsrszMc69$g==, Origins #=qNDCN0KhtASQNwDzjfR0AdA==, #=qypy5Ufogb7V_pMz7wqUG8mwtL3BtQHWn7mXuOxwaz2k= #=qatomg1_QaNlgmXLJC2J5uA==, Vector2 #=q0$Lm6zNgBIt4ihtvANOFJQ==, Single #=qP0LqYVCPP2F2h3q8T9UNpQ==, Boolean #=qKaygqSZCkKRlzLvIvUsKdg==, Color #=q41F9TlbvZE5uZq4vUvcFCw==, Object #=qkEXNQgR8$4csXJNdIMaHdQ==)
at #=qoqJdlWnW0m8N_1wzInwYspZ7oDvWOlQpfdVeVoz$Ewk=.#=qIy0271Tac3ZEgde45VhZiQ==()
at #=qkjcwim0dv4CaywCFioPitwkBajAnttHseRi3p9czJJfAKmrT5Mfj7Jq19VgHYkRd.#=qIy0271Tac3ZEgde45VhZiQ==()
at #=q4ab8vm7RWkKxfR10khadEwBtPao5OYU2bz7OIYVnNXFfqSIX_5mWNSCjfQZsa$A5.#=qIy0271Tac3ZEgde45VhZiQ==()
at #=qSBN9HWV2Cl0F$aLsG6pjq6IfQn5rvfEws$oT5bj3_S8=.#=q0s599peT3ayulI0H3YxZuA==(Boolean #=qQnQtwu8XvdOD1UrPZuYt8w==)
at #=qth$RRjXs2fCBNLnHPw2dzJrjUczRgNGwhRB9StvR6o0qJaDjwc3ApUZN4Vd$MSYu.#=qE2hUpomRmVhL$GjYjDJ$E0cinoJnyLJPovdJoNRGIck=()
at #=qth$RRjXs2fCBNLnHPw2dzJrjUczRgNGwhRB9StvR6o0qJaDjwc3ApUZN4Vd$MSYu.#=qZxyWi9zsQq0jEhSIugfBaw==(Keys #=qdLJ_h4Jqxq_W6h9RoEDu6A==, Boolean #=q_b1s9dDfOFz$bPbqWQQN2A==)
at #=qSBN9HWV2Cl0F$aLsG6pjq6IfQn5rvfEws$oT5bj3_S8=.#=q$cqJTOt2CMTETSmg3uETkm0Pd8V5Iuz4QmoKL7uFuEg=(Object #=qbl9VtLtnPFXO7JwcMhSYEA==, Keys #=qPUtkZWkDBSdfbLHV9WSgVQ==, Boolean #=q_b1s9dDfOFz$bPbqWQQN2A==)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at #=qHeikw0qCLffsQFW1cYkrBU7G2RklqdYETGrY3Vidf9t0tJX7lB90oRUhefUeK6Nl.#=qxdCFhasO3cr64XnbUJW3VA==(Keys #=qPUtkZWkDBSdfbLHV9WSgVQ==, Boolean #=q_b1s9dDfOFz$bPbqWQQN2A==)
at #=qHeikw0qCLffsQFW1cYkrBU7G2RklqdYETGrY3Vidf9t0tJX7lB90oRUhefUeK6Nl.#=qQgFYdHycmH$Vy3jCElVyVQ==(Keys #=qPUtkZWkDBSdfbLHV9WSgVQ==)
at #=qJsgutjysZvfXivBx1FHycO_10uftGjVRwg9EPM1fI90=.#=q6GjRShgC97NaaIWZ28vs_g==(List`1 #=qdLJ_h4Jqxq_W6h9RoEDu6A==)
at #=qJsgutjysZvfXivBx1FHycO_10uftGjVRwg9EPM1fI90=.#=q7_1ZJvOz7MDRmQ18_zXmIA==()
at #=qXginS44Nyaq0_ZlSpX6sjcgy6JOi7RMyIUkWCGRGgx0=.#=qhZd33RJsqOVvvZO7TZCRqQ==()
at #=qXginS44Nyaq0_ZlSpX6sjcgy6JOi7RMyIUkWCGRGgx0=.#=qQjuPwD4oEhy6P5_XioiROg==(Object #=qbl9VtLtnPFXO7JwcMhSYEA==, EventArgs #=qJsSAqHGuN_zo5Qyuh1mv9A==)
at #=qrAll74jleZzJzWDClGQpfJ4c0Lup1Hc2oB_c1TLvLNuLvqFac8DJj9Ik3L1$HFXT.#=qOykkFcsFiBLcDOtpfDdjFw==()
at #=qmZGe8sdVMSorrQYddM_SZwExcdGNvGHuJpYW_dQKSQxK84LM4fpCoHjiAEXo2h0A.#=qZdU6ZCFu_1eKtP1OHTAju6jCm5fEO9Eu7ljAPY9wc60=(Object #=qbl9VtLtnPFXO7JwcMhSYEA==, EventArgs #=qJsSAqHGuN_zo5Qyuh1mv9A==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at #=qmZGe8sdVMSorrQYddM_SZwExcdGNvGHuJpYW_dQKSQxK84LM4fpCoHjiAEXo2h0A.#=qeILz7nkdPCNEOU1i7W98Og==()
at #=qXginS44Nyaq0_ZlSpX6sjcgy6JOi7RMyIUkWCGRGgx0=.#=qeILz7nkdPCNEOU1i7W98Og==()
at #=qSIYNhewmw72uVYn70MVqzQ==.#=qDQhS18s6QFlk8bJZ_YEDUw==(String #=qmS7hxTbqOEinzf2nE4hphg==, Boolean #=qp16BWvZYayrm_belVfo6GWB7QBA_keMz9HvWXyAZZNk=, Boolean #=qYz1mXn1zdZ9ecfmhjs$rpgTLnNjS9DJU$aDyyygIG5c=, Boolean #=qUkeolicMd0pnvAqviYCZxA==)
Oh I'm sorry , forgot how to do that lol (didn't know you had to click

it's probably the same as yours
at #=qth$RRjXs2fCBNLnHPw2dzJrjUczRgNGwhRB9StvR6o0qJaDjwc3ApUZN4Vd$MSYu.#=qxWx6As$EL62BsfemVVBGjw==()
at #=qSBN9HWV2Cl0F$aLsG6pjq6IfQn5rvfEws$oT5bj3_S8=.#=qLmIWKApjK7F24b8EN1Tgqg==(Object #=qbl9VtLtnPFXO7JwcMhSYEA==, EventArgs #=qJsSAqHGuN_zo5Qyuh1mv9A==)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at #=qCj0zny_PkaaxA6mu1sSI39kYbfHrrpVZ06ffB9ZsW1c=.#=qU0oDgRu4Voe5N4IA6ovZdg==(#=qkP0icPNFtjhvBz8ehfEE7mv0dGr1Sk_B9V_UkO19ZvU= #=qHDZmDrHYDUXWPoHiV$9rrA==)
at #=qJsgutjysZvfXivBx1FHycO_10uftGjVRwg9EPM1fI90=.#=qYUjapUC2hUDiZSq5j5Tjjw==(#=qkP0icPNFtjhvBz8ehfEE7mv0dGr1Sk_B9V_UkO19ZvU= #=qHDZmDrHYDUXWPoHiV$9rrA==)
at #=qOG_a6Cr3w8NHKC10AvRa4lKcQdeadSHCyv34c0ibAdlbQekyIMQ5Fve4oD4$3oiR.#=q35Z3nGQxnIk8S6zv0elaDQ==()
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
I can confirm the issue above. This definitely seems related to Tom's recent changes.
Trosk-
If you have a specific Taiko skin (Use Taiko skin for Taiko mode option) and you enter a Taiko map, osu! will show an error, and if you keep trying, it will end up crashing. I have tried with a large number of skins and I always got this effect, except with the Default osu! skin.

Also, it's a bit weird since replicating this bug, I got two different crashlogs.

Here is the Taiko skin that I was using. (Rename the folder to "taiko", activate the "Use Taiko skin for Taiko mode" option and select other skin)

Probably it's because a recent update, since it doesn't happen on Beta and Stable.

Crashlog 1
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at #=qtukgoHjJAu4CVndqJdhlzGEt7VX94niIHzsdE0ogY6Q=.#=q63HTxFRNZdfgrXbX18WAgURb1lSidq9X2q1htfgtTx4=()
at #=qtukgoHjJAu4CVndqJdhlzGEt7VX94niIHzsdE0ogY6Q=.#=qiAEDf8SR3MyJB$fGP8HK3w==()
at #=qstTGdEKx4K3TRU_td0MK1A==.#=qQyFroJYSz9RnOy_KCcqgkA==()
at #=q99Ca$3vwA130luCzDrTVBMYz_FypLS1Ot7mPOkwmmyk=.#=q7_JTZEWDo55In8XImQEVEg==()
at #=q99Ca$3vwA130luCzDrTVBMYz_FypLS1Ot7mPOkwmmyk=.#=qC_NYr10_zv4G499tkjfzzw==(Object #=q10QA$HaTob0Pm9xThV3MFQ==, EventArgs #=q3VzZfaiTNzmL6WFUwIUwuQ==)
at #=qvb1$tbrwHGtaw2lfLpAXu8sp3lY0Uw3sRxJoXHhUXE95K3IxjFIQeBSJDcWjkQXG.#=qeUQ49DSvfZ0P2pV0GHlWFA==()
at #=qK8Kks9xNXZKrnfIbH9ym_c8Aj942$$hKLtfk29pKjUjzSgbLgrG_hAIFvnREX7dq.#=qoYt_L2jiflfVwtmvHWm3vybY4p6KQJfjpt7TGvg3344=(Object #=q10QA$HaTob0Pm9xThV3MFQ==, EventArgs #=q3VzZfaiTNzmL6WFUwIUwuQ==)
at #=qK8Kks9xNXZKrnfIbH9ym_c8Aj942$$hKLtfk29pKjUjzSgbLgrG_hAIFvnREX7dq.#=qU7KF2h1aoHjm_Gaw5AyTQA==()
at #=q99Ca$3vwA130luCzDrTVBMYz_FypLS1Ot7mPOkwmmyk=.#=qU7KF2h1aoHjm_Gaw5AyTQA==()
at #=qBH67$p9fRK5q8cjAPPNrXg==.#=ql91VqkBQKN7fFrtZEbvAnw==(String #=qAWuHBeEjETUlaeTqOeGf4Q==, Boolean #=q40_QlCbqsPIGrciyZ80e_44bJ$z50dcca4HTKO7ntNg=, Boolean #=qeVH090nucOPnZ_EE4ebwCOuIfWSSqon0$yVA0ZyEYx4=, Boolean #=qPZVsrzqdT8UIeO0Sqk3qUQ==)

Crashlog 2
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at #=qN28AkRQHD$BPzfa$qOGPua7Xw7Bzjxr6JedphXWH$zy3TdYsjLkEzPis5cqo4bt1.#=qoe$fSlxe8g5ALRg45fMAeUFTKkKgKREWrS0Gh_f0w$k=(Boolean #=qO_Y$RNyYqA9QPtg7yzEgzw==)
at #=quQ8gt5b006f_xQ$DBYgOLVqDWiVeYYQeB4L7p8rR$Pw6HRy5IObUUi3TjUre5QeupqktXhzMtv0fyCf8j1ZumQ==.#=qOuv87DoIWOwzeSB7ErABfeun_KmiafMGhPu$YnNkTCc=()
at #=quQ8gt5b006f_xQ$DBYgOLVqDWiVeYYQeB4L7p8rR$Pw6HRy5IObUUi3TjUre5QeupqktXhzMtv0fyCf8j1ZumQ==.#=qQyFroJYSz9RnOy_KCcqgkA==()
at #=qVqyqEdA5qVoPnWR4IHUldFJnWgc3mvIqYE4MPtSwBZGk9Gu$dTBrGRxJeQWiPatc.#=qQyFroJYSz9RnOy_KCcqgkA==()
at #=q99Ca$3vwA130luCzDrTVBMYz_FypLS1Ot7mPOkwmmyk=.#=qQyFroJYSz9RnOy_KCcqgkA==()
at #=qstTGdEKx4K3TRU_td0MK1A==.#=qNWRGTavvwKjrxD5WmSPn1w==()
at #=qtukgoHjJAu4CVndqJdhlzGEt7VX94niIHzsdE0ogY6Q=.#=qiAEDf8SR3MyJB$fGP8HK3w==()
at #=q99Ca$3vwA130luCzDrTVBMYz_FypLS1Ot7mPOkwmmyk=.#=q7_JTZEWDo55In8XImQEVEg==()
at #=q99Ca$3vwA130luCzDrTVBMYz_FypLS1Ot7mPOkwmmyk=.#=qC_NYr10_zv4G499tkjfzzw==(Object #=q10QA$HaTob0Pm9xThV3MFQ==, EventArgs #=q3VzZfaiTNzmL6WFUwIUwuQ==)
at #=qvb1$tbrwHGtaw2lfLpAXu8sp3lY0Uw3sRxJoXHhUXE95K3IxjFIQeBSJDcWjkQXG.#=qeUQ49DSvfZ0P2pV0GHlWFA==()
at #=qK8Kks9xNXZKrnfIbH9ym_c8Aj942$$hKLtfk29pKjUjzSgbLgrG_hAIFvnREX7dq.#=qoYt_L2jiflfVwtmvHWm3vybY4p6KQJfjpt7TGvg3344=(Object #=q10QA$HaTob0Pm9xThV3MFQ==, EventArgs #=q3VzZfaiTNzmL6WFUwIUwuQ==)
at #=qK8Kks9xNXZKrnfIbH9ym_c8Aj942$$hKLtfk29pKjUjzSgbLgrG_hAIFvnREX7dq.#=qU7KF2h1aoHjm_Gaw5AyTQA==()
at #=q99Ca$3vwA130luCzDrTVBMYz_FypLS1Ot7mPOkwmmyk=.#=qU7KF2h1aoHjm_Gaw5AyTQA==()
at #=qBH67$p9fRK5q8cjAPPNrXg==.#=ql91VqkBQKN7fFrtZEbvAnw==(String #=qAWuHBeEjETUlaeTqOeGf4Q==, Boolean #=q40_QlCbqsPIGrciyZ80e_44bJ$z50dcca4HTKO7ntNg=, Boolean #=qeVH090nucOPnZ_EE4ebwCOuIfWSSqon0$yVA0ZyEYx4=, Boolean #=qPZVsrzqdT8UIeO0Sqk3qUQ==)
nns1337
So, It did work, now it's not updating again.
Spkz
With the latest cuttingedge build that I just downloaded today I noticed a ~1-2 seconds delay unsynced to the map when you spectate someone or you watch a replay/autoplay. Not on all map though. Here is a little preview: http://puu.sh/juWSo/7c7a932828.mp4 (it's not because of my pc or fraps, it's like that by default)
Trosk-

Spkz wrote:

With the latest cuttingedge build that I just downloaded today I noticed a ~1-2 seconds delay unsynced to the map when you spectate someone or you watch a replay/autoplay. Not on all map though. Here is a little preview: http://puu.sh/juWSo/7c7a932828.mp4 (it's not because of my pc or fraps, it's like that by default)
I'm not being able to replicate this. It's probably something on your end... If it just happens while spectating or watching Auto/Replay, then that's odd.
Spkz

Trosk- wrote:

I'm not being able to replicate this. It's probably something on your end... If it just happens while spectating or watching Auto/Replay, then that's odd.
Sometimes I can't replicate this either. It just sometimes occurs on some maps, not on all maps though. And it started to occur only today when I downloaded the latest build, I didn't have this issue before. Try this map that I've tried in the video: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/143397 maybe you can replicate it on this.
Trosk-

Spkz wrote:

Sometimes I can't replicate this either. It just sometimes occurs on some maps, not on all maps though. And it started to occur only today when I downloaded the latest build, I didn't have this issue before. Try this map that I've tried in the video: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/143397 maybe you can replicate it on this.
This map was one of the 15 that I have tried, I saw it on your video earlier. And like I said I'm not being able to replicate it. I don't know if it's random like you say or it's just something on your end, but I didn't get this effect in any moment.
Spkz
Sorry for the false bugreport, it was something with my pc. Now it works.
flash

Trosk- wrote:

If you have a specific Taiko skin (Use Taiko skin for Taiko mode option) and you enter a Taiko map, osu! will show an error, and if you keep trying, it will end up crashing. I have tried with a large number of skins and I always got this effect, except with the Default osu! skin.

Also, it's a bit weird since replicating this bug, I got two different crashlogs.

Here is the Taiko skin that I was using. (Rename the folder to "taiko", activate the "Use Taiko skin for Taiko mode" option and select other skin)

Probably it's because a recent update, since it doesn't happen on Beta and Stable.

Crashlog 1
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at #=qtukgoHjJAu4CVndqJdhlzGEt7VX94niIHzsdE0ogY6Q=.#=q63HTxFRNZdfgrXbX18WAgURb1lSidq9X2q1htfgtTx4=()

Crashlog 2
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at #=qN28AkRQHD$BPzfa$qOGPua7Xw7Bzjxr6JedphXWH$zy3TdYsjLkEzPis5cqo4bt1.#=qoe$fSlxe8g5ALRg45fMAeUFTKkKgKREWrS0Gh_f0w$k=(Boolean #=qO_Y$RNyYqA9QPtg7yzEgzw==)
at #=quQ8gt5b006f_xQ$DBYgOLVqDWiVeYYQeB4L7p8rR$Pw6HRy5IObUUi3TjUre5QeupqktXhzMtv0fyCf8j1ZumQ==.#=qOuv87DoIWOwzeSB7ErABfeun_KmiafMGhPu$YnNkTCc=()
at #=quQ8gt5b006f_xQ$DBYgOLVqDWiVeYYQeB4L7p8rR$Pw6HRy5IObUUi3TjUre5QeupqktXhzMtv0fyCf8j1ZumQ==.#=qQyFroJYSz9RnOy_KCcqgkA==()
at #=qVqyqEdA5qVoPnWR4IHUldFJnWgc3mvIqYE4MPtSwBZGk9Gu$dTBrGRxJeQWiPatc.#=qQyFroJYSz9RnOy_KCcqgkA==()
at #=q99Ca$3vwA130luCzDrTVBMYz_FypLS1Ot7mPOkwmmyk=.#=qQyFroJYSz9RnOy_KCcqgkA==()
at #=qstTGdEKx4K3TRU_td0MK1A==.#=qNWRGTavvwKjrxD5WmSPn1w==()
Was able to replicate this, crashed after trying about 6 beatmaps.

Crashlog
at #=qoAgVsEQWIDm7pR8YaeSZWOYtsSr3BmeZMQszIsWVVW8=.#=q3AQ82ybaPEQjcPmyMKlXMlTrPQPEhUE5pnaM7sxeusk=()
at #=qoAgVsEQWIDm7pR8YaeSZWOYtsSr3BmeZMQszIsWVVW8=.#=qDA7MLFWGY6k55JgLxvtLFw==()
at #=qJ4RrzXQlplfVwqsVMVLmmg==.#=q8UtIu7MRTtsZhPnF9kj$lg==()
at #=qTTugLOFTtELHuG69RZuH9G$8PCyGg2ZWlPxqtRS6nds=.#=qphx31n55MfgxzJ3tLf62MA==()
at #=qTTugLOFTtELHuG69RZuH9G$8PCyGg2ZWlPxqtRS6nds=.#=qI6iTTlqeV$IwyaoZ0upZHA==(Object #=qT$_TXw3Wmz6GBfshiA7UHA==, EventArgs #=qUjfki1Y_b1sbY_3br5XK7Q==)
at #=qERaORxDcsKeEskbTQRV9cTa65m$3KQ9deQKdqB1KbzOv2DQaCrscLuEWXwZwY8kK.#=qSntA7A6xCU2sof3VrHcJYQ==()
at #=qRWU$WjQLRa11qOZK6qi7EH4bvtOp8EX2y7zAkj1LhXjYy2zP9gEVmE2If4YWofCm.#=qTPmddcS9DIaCXKW1$M29py8w8RmHnoOMkk2ZONkdzxA=(Object #=qT$_TXw3Wmz6GBfshiA7UHA==, EventArgs #=qUjfki1Y_b1sbY_3br5XK7Q==)
at #=qRWU$WjQLRa11qOZK6qi7EH4bvtOp8EX2y7zAkj1LhXjYy2zP9gEVmE2If4YWofCm.#=qTVCXYU7seq1ZZKWDKwKcmw==()
at #=qTTugLOFTtELHuG69RZuH9G$8PCyGg2ZWlPxqtRS6nds=.#=qTVCXYU7seq1ZZKWDKwKcmw==()
at #=qT4AxGKeWudCjNn9w1RkL$w==.#=qISGBi8gadtC_hgcvfgOing==(String #=qhNAUOFiHHz8YPzNFLKgPnQ==, Boolean #=qA4GoH1HusfpoYE_k2d4PCky$UW2wwuvTNFri86T7vzQ=, Boolean #=qkxdCvoDmW8EenDgneSMs7GAC2YkGb4KNzxSCNzGZZO4=, Boolean #=qWs7bIXC7tz6ao7b5QaQkSQ==)
Bejer
Cutting edge dosen't work on Mac, is it going to stay like that or is it getting inplomented so Mac users also can have it? Or...?
Trosk-

Bejer wrote:

Cutting edge dosen't work on Mac, is it going to stay like that or is it getting inplomented so Mac users also can have it? Or...?
Cutting Edge doesn't work on Mac for now. Go back to Stable.

I guess it will be available on the future, but I don't know.
quaternary
osu! crashes when I close it through the menu - not with the "osu! has crashed!" dialog, but the standard Windows "osu! has stopped working. Windows can check online for a solution to the problem" dialog box. It doesn't hurt anything, because it crashes when it's already all the way closed :P

"Problem details" in the spoiler:

SPOILER
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: osu!.exe
Application Version: 1.3.3.7
Application Timestamp: 55c6c70d
Fault Module Name: atioglxx.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.14.10.13283
Fault Module Timestamp: 546ea12d
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 01631d8e
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
Shizuyi
My osu is also still hard crashing even though with another Fault Module name.
agubelu
This has happened to me quite a few times:

It happens sometimes when I alt+tab away from osu and then come back to it. I haven't found a reliable way to reproduce it, it seems pretty random, but it always happens that way and is fixed by just moving the mouse.

I play 1920x1080 fullscreen
show more