forum

Monster Hunter series - help, showcases, & more!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Critical Dude
Better than watching the annoying stream so here you go guys.
PyaKura
What's it about the embedded video won't show up 'cause China.
Azure_Kite
MHX gameplay stream breakdown.

- Four villages, three old, one new.
- Those sheepy animals are called Moofas(?). Petting them can give an item.
- Red quest/conversation icons, different from MH4/U yellow quest icons. May differentiate between Key/Standard quests or conversations, who knows.
- When playing Online, text in the bottom right corner of the screen will state as such in the village.
- Hot air balloons will be used to take the Hunters to various locations for quests.
- Prehistoric Forest showcase
- Aerial Combat Style show-off. 4 different Combat Styles are applicable for all 14 weapon types.
- Dinobarudo showcase. Seems pretty aggressive with a lot of sweeping tail attacks and fiery spin attacks.
- Special attacks fill up a bar on the touch screen, when the bar is full, the attack can be used.
- Gunlance UI has changed, a coloured bar shows charge level and a number shows how many shots are left.
- Great Macau showcase. Great Jaggi equivalent, like a tail-hopping (pogo-stick) dinosaur.
- Shock trap appearance changed.
- Mounting is coming back
- Insect Glaive seems to have a new move which attracts bugs. The IG was made with Ludroth stuff, so he may return.
- Misty Peaks demonstration. Nargacuga is coming back. Lance super skill is showcased. It's demonstrated that super skills may be interruptable. So yay for trips wrecking crazy damage opportunities.
- Release Date for JP is November 28th, 2015. No Western release date.
- from the 1st of August to 7th August, there will be two weapon showcases daily, demonstrating all the new features.

I may have missed a few things, but that's the general gist of it.
PyaKura
Wow thanks for the breakdown ! As expected they made the new super skills rely on some sort of resource bar, that's a relief. About the GL my guess is they reworked it so it relies less on shell levels and more on actual weapon power, if they did so then it's great.
Also what do you mean by "a new move which attracts bugs" ? Neopterons or ?

Anyways, I sure hope Capcom is considering a western release for MHX after MH4U's success.
Azure_Kite

PyaKura wrote:

I think the idea is moreso to get other bugs to give you/extend buffs. Not Neopterons, just small insects from what I can see.
Critical Dude

Azure_Kite wrote:

PyaKura wrote:

I think the idea is moreso to get other bugs to give you/extend buffs. Not Neopterons, just small insects from what I can see.
Just think of Fulgur bugs or the bugs that popped up around the Tower in MHFU.

They better bring back Steve with better agility and more moves.
-Maus-
Give me anything more for the HBG and I'll say goodbye to my money
PyaKura
There's that one huge fireball it fires in the ice cave in the MHX trailer.
PyaKura
Double post, but GaijinHunter posted a breakdown of the latest news drop about MHX! This is gonna be INSANE! (page 2 has also news about bowguns, bows and horns, along with a video I can't watch 'cause China).

Just, #MHXForTheWest for the love of god.
-Maus-
DID YOU SAY FIREBALLZ

Oh well, this attack just might cause new gunners to come, and it's obvious not many will be actually good ones

*Monster carting intensifies*
PyaKura
It looks like they plan to make the MH series more and more fast paced or at least making the whole battle mechanics much much smoother and dynamic.
I like that.

On a side note, I'm just about to level my Gore Malaga GQ up to level 140, but the thing hurts like a truck and it's not uncommon to have 3 carts within 5 minutes. One miscalculated move and things can turn to hell instantly, that's how I like MH. To be honest even if we fail the quest I won't be mad if we put a good fight. What I really dislike though is when people cart twice and decide to leave. I mean carting is part of the game and dying, especially at this difficulty, is definitely not unlikely to happen. There was one guy like that, but all the others I played with (around 7 or 8 different folks during my GQ leveling) were pretty chill and nice to talk to.
-Maus-
Monster Hunter Rule #1: Don't get hit.
Monster Hunter Rule #2: Get some reasonable armor just in case you fail to follow rule #1.
Monster Hunter Rule #3: It's okay to die trying, just try to prevent this as much as you can.
Monster Hunter Rule #4: Don't quit after two carts, you make the whole hunt harder by doing that.

Yeah, I like that too, one of the main stuff a gunner must do is to observe, memorize and foresee the monster's moves, because the G-rank GQs and/or Advanced quests can get so intense you might not even know whether you can reload or not
PyaKura
Thought I'd drop this here.

Desire Sensor tells you the chance of getting a certain item from a monster after a number of hunts (+ part breaking criteria), ignoring quest-specific rewards (purely from slaying/capturing a monster).

I have no idea how accurate it is to be honest but so far my results aren't really off from their calcs.

MHX : Aerial Style is the shit. Damn it, I swore to myself I won't be maining GS for the next game but an aerial GS ? *hesitation intensifies*
I really want to go through MHX or whatever the next game will be maining SA though... Or bow if it gets buffed damage-wise but the chances are slim.
-Maus-
Imagine trolling people in MHX by spamming supernova shot with HBG lolol
-Maus-
THE 'LOOK I'M A PRO GUNNER' STARTER PACK

I had a guy on a Shah Dalamadur quest who was G Gold and used this set, it took him 5 seconds to fire off the next pierce shot, he barely did any damage. Usually it takes me to shoot out all pierce shots and like 10 Normal lv 3s, on that hunt I used up all pierce shots, normal shots and was running low on pellets, then failed because he can't dodge for shit. Upon being told not to gun ever again, he told me to shut up and rage quit. Seriously, if you have an armor without skills, get decorations OR get a gun that doesn't rely on them.
-Maus-
Am I the only one that hates when classes are generalized, as in HBG is about Hame Set, so is LBG, IG is about the Kushala staff, CB is about ulti, GL is about shelling etc.?
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Can you please just edit your posts together instead of making three separate ones in a row?

Anyway, to answer your question: probably. Sure, those "generalizations" are interesting, but I only play the games for fun.
PyaKura
@transformau : This is not quite true. Sure, HBG has that Hame niche, but that's about the only weapon who is used in such a particular way (and not to mention this only matters with the Gravios Gigacannon, rest of the HBGs are not suited for Hame). LBG is often used as a status/elemental gun since you cannot effectively use it any other way, Hame or standard hunt.

I don't see many Daora IGs online, mostly Hazy Casters and Hell Ruin Glaive "Omen" (550 blast is broken yo) with occasional Mind Sticks and relics. As for CBs, most users go for the ultraburst but there some who specializes in guard pointing playstyle (which is just awesome to watch and much more stylish than rushing the burst). GL is about shelling, well that's natural. If you don't shell you might as well play Lance. Shelling deals a set amount of damage regardless of monster part, that's GL's main selling point. That and it's got 3 shell types. Speaking of Lance, some players likes Guard Lancing better, others like me prefer Evade Lancing. SnS can be both a supportive weapon with utility skills to set up traps or AoE healing but can be played as an extremely fast elemental weapon just behind the DBs. DBs users are mostly Demon Dance spammers but some some people like to maximize damage output by risking themselves into Archdemon mode (I think they call that the "slingshot style").

I'm missing out on some other playstyles but there is no such thing as strict as you make it sound like. It's only natural to play by a weapon's strengths. The only weapons you could say are more or less rigid in terms of playstyle are the LS which relies solely on reacting to the monster's every move and dancing around them, GS which is all about timing and knowledge of the monster's moves (though there is also GS-Hame which doesn't work the same way at all), and Hammer which functions similarly to the GS but you're only going for the head.

So yeah saying that everything is only limited to one particular weapon or task is greatly misunderstanding the game.
Critical Dude
With MHX coming soon (to Japan and hopefully to the UK, USA and other countries) along with the new aerial attacking styles, there will no longer be any need for the "Insect Glaive Mounting Spammers" (IGMS) from MH4U.

It makes sense for them to add the aerial style combat to the game since they will be bringing back locations featured in older games (those that were made prior to the production MH4U and its engine).
Furthermore the environments never had much purpose for the ledges in the past (unless you were a gunner), luckily they should now serve us well in this new and upcoming game.

Quick note: So flashy
-Maus-
White Fatty's here.

I also reached 1033 damage per shot yesterday, Hame scrublords can hide and cry in the corner.
PyaKura
do you mean 1033 attack

Edit : Slaying 40 Remobras alone is painful.

Also Aerial Style GS doesn't get land level 3 charges. *cries*
-Maus-
Yeah w/e
Still better than Hame so doesn't really matter
I mean, if I'm correct then the raw would still be 688-9 damage per shot which is still sick and doesn't require siege mode to be even usable
-Maus-
Reached my 1000th HBG hunt last night, hype
Critical Dude
Now aim for 5000th
Finally met my first hacker, having him in our group made quests way to easy. Hence he got kicked once the admin got what he needed for his set, I love playing online :3

More importantly why is no one discussing MHX >_<
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Honestly, I'm just waiting on a western release date, if any. I haven't played any games before MH3U to know what all is being brought back, and the new skills each weapon gets isn't... well... really something to discuss IMO (or at least, there isn't much TO discuss about them).
PyaKura

Critical Dude wrote:

Now aim for 5000th
Finally met my first hacker, having him in our group made quests way to easy. Hence he got kicked once the admin got what he needed for his set, I love playing online :3

More importantly why is no one discussing MHX >_<
I'd talk about it if I could watch Youtube videos. Gaijin releases information every week and there are apparently commentated weapon showcases + combat styles uploaded D:
-Maus-
I'd care to watch them if I found Gaijin a trustworthy source like kiranico and wikia, they all make mistakes about gunning rip
PyaKura
Gaijin admitted he's not a gunner, and how him making mistakes about gunning makes him an untrustworthy source of informations ? He provides information neither the wikia nor kiranico have (heck the wikia is fucking shit tbh) directly from japanese sources.
-Maus-
All right, he might be a source of good info but I still won't try to have some gunning help there :V
And yeah, wikia is crap and it's outdated and both wikia and kiranico screwed up if it comes to gun info, according to them all full gun upgrades shoot lv 1, 2 and 3 of all shot types lol
Azure_Kite

Transformau5 wrote:

according to them all full gun upgrades shoot lv 1, 2 and 3 of all shot types lol

It seems pretty obvious to me that the bracketed values are ones unlocked by 10/15 points in that shot types S+ skill. Doesn't appear to me that final weapons can fire lv 1, 2 and 3 of all shot types, unless they are specifically gemmed in.
-Maus-
Right, compare Vampyr Blaster and Orcus Quarcus stats on kiranico and in-game, lol
http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/weapon/heav ... yr-blaster
http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/weapon/heav ... us-quarcus

I'm pretty sure that people check the detailed info of a weapon instead of the list of all upgrades, and there's no way to tell the difference on the detailed page
Critical Dude
So I spent almost two whole days trying to get "2" Rathalos rubies on my new game file. This is just like the time that I was farming for Rathian Rubies in MH3U, took me 34 tries (or more) on two different quests.

Could someone please tell that they have spent a longer amount of time than I have?
Azure_Kite
Welcome back to the desire sensor.

I spent at least 15 hunts trying to help get my housemate an S.Magala Plate so he could upgrade his Charge Blade. Considering there are 4+ shots with a 3% chance and a 4% chance for the tail.... Yeah. RNGesus hated us that day.
Ciunek
One of people I know gave up playing because he couldn't get Los Plate, lol. Desire Sensor is always strong. And then I get bs luck like getting rares from Gog first try, twice.
-Maus-
Some say that making your Poogie so happy that it jumps increases the chance of getting rare drops
Azure_Kite
Some say that spinning three times on your head chanting "Bestow upon me thine gifts, o revered Desire Sensor" works, too.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Some say holding down Down + B + Select helps increase chances.

...Oh wait, wrong series. *flee!*

In all seriousness, I've had extremely rare drops... well... drop for me before when I DIDN'T need them, so... uhh... I guess pretend you don't need something? I dunno...
PyaKura
Lol that reminds me back in MHP3rd when my brother and I farmed for a Zinogre Ruby... Took us 40 tries getting him one, and then his PSP gave up on life. This scenario repeats in MH4U with 39 Zinogres. He didn't dare hunting a 40th one and found another set mix giving the same bonuses he was looking for lmao.
-Maus-
Completed the Wroth set, if this shit isn't the most challenging full set, then I don't know what's harder.
Critical Dude
Just watched a short video on MHX's Hororohoruru (owl-looking monster) gameplay, that monster shall probably be my new favourite monster if MHX gets localised. However, the Nargacuga remains at the top of my list for now: "Gotta love them tail slams! : 3"

Until it gets localised I'm going to try and solo Apex Rajang and Shah Dalamadur. I feel like giving myself that challenge. 'And I pray that the time doesn't run out.'
show more