forum

DOTA 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
Seph
MAN THE BH COUR IS SO FUCKING KAWAII
repr1se
In terms of mechanical complexity, how does DOTA2 compare with LoL? I know both are incredibly more complex than Smite (Plat 2 jungler there). Just wondering what everyone thinks.
Tshemmp
@Repr1se
I have around 1k hours in LoL (peaked at plat 2 playing all roles) and around 4k hours in Dota, don't know if that makes me qualified enough to answer.
Anyway in my opinion LoL takes more raw mechanical skill in general, there is just way more focus on it. Since every champ has 4 active abilities (and some more) as oppsoed to Dota where you can have up to 3 passive skills instead and also the lower cooldowns and manacosts you can and have to use more stuff more often which I find really demanding at times, especially considering everything is a skillshot nowadays and you have to consistently dodge.
That said there are some heroes in Dota which go way beyond any LoL champ, for example Meepo, Chen, Lone Druid, Tinker etc. So if you want to have a REAL challenge try to get good at these.
Also there are way more game mechanics in Dota in general like pulling, stacking, creep aggroing (no you can't compare LoL's creepwave management to this xD) and so on, but tbh they are not really hard to pull off. Also even now I learn new tricks every other day whereas in LoL I've got the feeling I have already seen everything.

tl;dr if you care purely about mechanical complexity LoL > Dota
but in terms of overall complexity (because there is just way more stuff) Dota > LoL
Also are there any VP fangays here? Go go Illidan (yeah that's the real one)!
phaZ
wanna watch illidan streaming osu! someday :D

also:

why noone has posted that here, just realized it
PatZar
man being a support is fun wtf
Mercurial
The thing about support Tiny is that needs a shitton of mana or mana regen to work out.

NA'VI FIRST TI5 TEAM ELIMINATED HYPE
Vuelo Eluko
ah yes the tie-breaker TI between europe and china. should be interesting. Actually it's guaranteed to be interesting from what we saw in groups, this comeback meta makes a great viewing experience overall.

I'm like 99% sure it's going to end with secret vs lgd, i dont see any other turn-out. from there it's a toss-up. Teams are a lot more even and it's due in part to the very comeback mechanics that define this patch. It's not like TI3 where all the money was on Alliance to win since groups because they were visibly better than everyone else, and it's not like TI4 where.. okay to be honest i missed TI4 completely and just watched the finals via VOD and had no regrets about missing it at all..

It's gonna be hard to top ti3 finals though, regardless of who is matched up.
Tshemmp

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

ah yes the tie-breaker TI between europe and china. should be interesting. Actually it's guaranteed to be interesting from what we saw in groups, this comeback meta makes a great viewing experience overall.

I'm like 99% sure it's going to end with secret vs lgd, i dont see any other turn-out. from there it's a toss-up. Teams are a lot more even and it's due in part to the very comeback mechanics that define this patch. It's not like TI3 where all the money was on Alliance to win since groups because they were visibly better than everyone else, and it's not like TI4 where.. okay to be honest i missed TI4 completely and just watched the finals via VOD and had no regrets about missing it at all..

It's gonna be hard to top ti3 finals though, regardless of who is matched up.
Tbh you missed pretty much if you didn't watch TI4. Yeah, everyone ist circle jerking about how bad the finals were (and rightfully so), but apart from that other games were really good.

Also I am still betting on Secret vs EG finals, I don't trust LGD to keep performing at this high level considering TI2. ;)
Vuelo Eluko
secret vs eg would be great, no matter who wins, 1488 prevails. but i think it's highly unlikely to have a no-asians final.
Mercurial
NEWBEE IS FUCKING OUT

YAY.
Vuelo Eluko
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1685977625

worst game of dota 2 ive ever played in my life despite winning. nonstop hyper aggression and offensive wards and smokes and zoning and augh, noone could farm safely the whole game.

oh well, at least TI starts soonish.
Tshemmp
Man, I was always a Cty fan but I did not expect him to deliver in such a way this match.
Cloudchaser
Anyone has the TI5 schredule? I mean, I don't know when does it start
edit
@PatZar: You have a salad of items
Tshemmp
Mercurial
ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA ENIGMA
Tshemmp
YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS BYE BYE SECRET
♥ Virtus.Pro ♥
Cloudchaser
My bets were all in Secret

brb crying
Ceph23
Allstar match is taking a long time to start man.
10 v 10 hype
Shurelia
Gaah, i didn't have enough of quota for that.

Will DL the replay later.
PatZar

Mercurial wrote:

The thing about support Tiny is that needs a shitton of mana or mana regen to work out.

NA'VI FIRST TI5 TEAM ELIMINATED HYPE
i'm random player, and my team was support me to avoid a shit feeder tag lol
ALSO, RIP NAVIFAG LOL

Shurelia wrote:

LUCA MASTERRACE metafalica <3
Shurelia
This year's TI5 All Stars match is probably the best match i've ever seen.

That comeback is asdf.

Mercurial
Too bad they didn't release Pit Lord (Abyssal Underlord) because of a bug.
Cloudchaser
best comeback ever
Zuikaku
xsrsbsns
LB Finals and Grand Finals LETS GO

Hope EG beats LGD to face CDEC again, and then we get a 5-game grand finals. Nothing but some good ol' china vs NA dota, but if it happens this time it's a fucking wildcard team vs the only western hope! Benefits the viewership too, they'd lose much western fans hype in general if it's gonna be an all-chinese finals. Ppd pls deliver an actual draft this time. Although ultimately I'm leaning towards CDEC because such a beautiful story if they win it all.

JIA YOU
OsuMe65
dat 10 v 10 prehorn clash tho
Mercurial
Something inside of me wants EG to win TI5 because of Universe, but I dont want EG to win TI5 because of ppd and Sumail.
California
SumaiL too strong
PatZar
VP too strong
Garpo
I can't say I wanted EG to win, but it ended up that way.
Seph
WOOOOOOOOO 2EZ4EG

GRATS OLD MAN FEAR <3
Tshemmp
I can finally start having a normal sleep schedule again.
Cloudchaser
EG IS STRONK LIKE MOTHER RUSSIA.
YES
IM HAPPY ez

also praise deadmau5
deadbeat
EG MASTER RACE
Cloudchaser
If Fear keeps playing, the next TI will be with his grandchildren. lol'd
deadbeat
PatZar

deadbeat wrote:

EG MASTER RACE

deadbeat wrote:

Cloudchaser wrote:

EG IS STRONK LIKE MOTHER RUSSIA.
YES
IM HAPPY ez

also praise deadmau5
Ceph23
Old man fear finally takes the championship.

Edit: Also syndereN made Tobiwan look so really small man.
Vuelo Eluko
lets not forget the best moment of TI5, i fell out of my chair from shock

Shurelia
any good hero to counter QOP on mid ?

I tried DP but i won't be able to play on Late game.

Tried clockwerk and it's no no.
show more