forum

Splatoon

posted
Total Posts
show more
-Maus-

Blaze it
NaomiMinette
FINALLY got B thanks to Kelp Splat Charger on Tower Control. /totallydidn'tplayallday

Done with Ranked for now, at least until Rainmaker comes out.
-Maus-
The name of this gun makes me think it's just gonna finish the match before it even starts, and I don't even have this game
Katze
I bought the game a few days ago and I absolutely love it. Splatoon is the first console game in years I really enjoy playing. I'm currently level 14 but the leveling feels a bit slow. My favorite weapon is the Krak-On Splat Roller but I'm having difficulties with ranged weapons, I haven't figured out how to not get killed by the everytime. I'll start ranking as soon as I hit level 20 - looking forward to it!
NaomiMinette
Ranked Battles give you more than double the EXP and money compared to Regular Battles... if you win anyway (the losing team gets absolutely nothing if the winning team gets a K.O. result), so I guess I don't really blame you for waiting. Not to mention, some of the popular weapons don't get unlocked till the later levels.

Going back to Ranked, Rollers are okay for Splat Zones, but I'd advise not to use them for Tower Control since people tend to use weapons with crazy long range (not just limited to Chargers (snipers)).
Katze

Blazevoir wrote:

Ranked Battles give you more than double the EXP and money compared to Regular Battles... if you win anyway (the losing team gets absolutely nothing if the winning team gets a K.O. result), so I guess I don't really blame you for waiting. Not to mention, some of the popular weapons don't get unlocked till the later levels.

Going back to Ranked, Rollers are okay for Splat Zones, but I'd advise not to use them for Tower Control since people tend to use weapons with crazy long range (not just limited to Chargers (snipers)).
Yeah I know about the double EXP, but as you said, the "better" weapons get unlocked at later levels. I'm not sure what I really want to "main" right now. I really like the rollers because I don't really like to go for kills or direct enemy contact in games, I'm more of a supporter if that makes sense. But at the same time I always look at my team members winning 1v1 with their guns and I think to myself: "Wow, how cool - I want to do that too." and then I switch to a gun (I tried the N-Zap '89 and another one but I only know the german name for that and I couldn't find the english one) and end up with only a few points after a won game. But thanks for the tips nonetheless, maybe I'll find a weapon that fits me later on!
NaomiMinette
Bestelle
I wonder when there is a safe time to play without running into the japanese lag players. Game is starting to become a chore more than anything else now. Welp
_sparky_

RL Link wrote:

I wonder when there is a safe time to play without running into the japanese lag players. Game is starting to become a chore more than anything else now. Welp
the only time you can play without japanese people is when japanese people have their splatfest.

I was playing with this japanese girl and she kept killing me while being on my team o.o
Bestelle
Apparently. Playing allll day.
Edit: Yeah I think I'm only playing during splatfests now, this is silly.
-Maus-
NaomiMinette
Topic Starter
Friendan
Hot dogs ftw
So, who else here plays blasters? What do you think about the blaster compared to the range blaster? A lot more of my shots have been direct hits because of the range increase, but I don't know. I kind of miss bubbler.

RL Link wrote:

Range Blaster kind of sucks right now. It is outclassed by everything else, and has the highest time to kill out of every single shooter type weapon, despite having a slow firing rate.
CokLz

Friendan wrote:

How is the game? Level? Favorite weapon?
Post your squid kids!

I'm level 19, 4000p away from 20. C ranked in ranked currently, haven't played much of it. I plan to forge my gear once I can because 3 star gear does not look very fresh. Favorite weapon is Splattershot Jr., favorite roller is the Dynamo Roller. High score on Squid Jump is 17769. My name in game is Brendan, NNID is XDBrendanXD
I want a wii u,and a splatoon ;-;
NaomiMinette
Here's the full patch notes for the massive update coming later this week:

http://nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-version-2-0-0-full-patch-notes/
7ambda

Blazevoir wrote:

Here's the full patch notes for the massive update coming later this week:

http://nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-version-2-0-0-full-patch-notes/
I like how splatfest wins will be weighted more heavily. Popularity was definitely too unfair.
NaomiMinette
Bestelle

Friendan wrote:

RL Link wrote:

Range Blaster kind of sucks right now. It is outclassed by everything else, and has the highest time to kill out of every single shooter type weapon, despite having a slow firing rate.
No idea what you're talking about, but okay. Not even playing for the time being, I think I've dealt with japanese lag enough for one week.
NaomiMinette
Urchin Underpass - new vs. old comparison:

EDIT: http://nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-squid-girl-outfit-confirmed-for-north-america/

A;SLDFKJAS;LDFJ;ALSDKJF;LASKDJF;LASDJF;LASDFJK; AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
OzzyOzrock
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
NaomiMinette
Mwahahahaha, her Tunic is on order for me!
ZiRoX
The Slosher is broken, nerfed soon?
NaomiMinette
Eh... I still can shoot them from a distance without using Chargers (snipers) or the new gatling gun.

Btw, they're tracking stats now: https://splatoon.nintendo.net/ (site is in Japanese as of this post, but it works for all accounts regardless of region)
ZiRoX

Blazevoir wrote:

Eh... I still can shoot them from a distance without using Chargers (snipers) or the new gatling gun.

Btw, they're tracking stats now: https://splatoon.nintendo.net/ (site is in Japanese as of this post, but it works for all accounts regardless of region)
Of course, you can kill them, but they still have a large range, they shoot a lot of ink and it spreads, it isn't terribly slow and the ink consumption is really low.
NaomiMinette
EDIT: Full Ika Musume set get!
7ambda
Looks like Team Marshmallow won. 3-0, haven't lost a Splatfest yet. I also got a +34.0 vibe and racked up a large win/loss ratio. :D
Azure_Kite
Meanwhile, across the other side of the world, just about everyone in my plaza is on the South Pole side.
NaomiMinette
Azure_Kite
Playing as an octoling was as simple as changing a "playertype" variable to 3 instead of 1 or 2. 1 and 2 are the female/male Inklings. That being said, if playable Octolings are going to be a thing, we'll definitely need a patch. While the Octolings are playable by yourself and visible to other players, if you get an Octoling in your plaza, it apparently softlocks the game.
NaomiMinette
Get ready for more potentially broken weapons!... or something: http://nintendoeverything.com/wp-content/uploads/splatoon-upcoming-weapons.png

EDIT: Two videos showing/explaining Rainmaker:

Also, I finally got S Rank \o/ There's no S-, btw.
Azure_Kite
I'm currently B- Rank; I tend to play in bursts, and then stop before I hit a bad streak xD
NaomiMinette
ZiRoX
Aaaand to stop Blazevoir from editing his post, Flounder Heights joined the map rotation!
NaomiMinette
Her*, and I'm honestly surprised no one said anything to what I posted... /corner
Azure_Kite
To be honest, I generally just follow the Splatoon subreddit, skim past all the Callie Marie fanpersoning and get my news from there :<

I'll be playing over the weekend, so if anybody wants to team up and battle the world, my NNID is Azure_Kyte.
NaomiMinette
I'll probably be around for a few rounds, especially if I'm leveling up new gear.

P.S. Flounder Heights is officially my most favorite map <3 (Fun fact: try listening closely at the trees.)
Azure_Kite
Flounder Heights is a lot of fun!

Another fun little thing: The maps located around the level show the ink splattered in realtime, similar to the gamepad. I'll be running around with my trust N'Zap '89 :D
NaomiMinette
Yeah, I noticed that on a showcase/tour video. Dunny why they'd put that if you can just use the Gamepad, but whatever.
Azure_Kite
I wanted to play more this weekend, but Ludum Dare got in the way.

I played a game with you and mm though, so I am content :D
NaomiMinette
Oh what... I swear I didn't notice you...
show more