forum

Ranking should be powered by ranked score!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
_Chaotic
Why don't we switch the ranking system from PP to Ranked score?, That way we can separate PP farmers from those with true skill!. Anyone else think this would be a good change to make?
B1rd
Agreed.
Liiraye
I agree!
Shohei Ohtani
https://osu.ppy.sh/p/playerranking

i always knew shaneoyo was the best

also im assuming this is a troll thread but if it's not, that how it used to be up into like a few years ago. And everyone was literally pissed, because you just had to play every single ranked map to get high score. As long as you played a lot and passed every map, you went up. To put it in perspective, I was once rank 700 in CtB. I can only play up to converted Hards (which is baby mode for CtB players). Most of the top players either had to farm maps to get recognized or just had to do insane stuff like DTing a certain song that nobody else could to get recognition as a good player
-sev
Alternatively you could git gud
abraker

reignofchaos wrote:

switch the ranking system from PP to Ranked score?
You must be new here. Research ppv1.
Mahogany
lmfao
Shohei Ohtani

abraker wrote:

reignofchaos wrote:

switch the ranking system from PP to Ranked score?
You must be new here. Research ppv1.
You must be new here

Search "When ranked score was the only measure of skill in the game before pp was introduced
piruchan
Is this an attempt to have less Asian in top 10?

Anyway, I don't mind. With this Andrea could be back in the top 10.

Edit 1: Fix typo.
Edit 2: Grammar mistake.
joi-
Doesn't that just encourage players to grind songs with huge max combos to get more score (yeah FCing a long song is a test of stamina but still)?

Do correct me if I am wrong.
chaee
PPv2 is fine just the way it is, stop
Granger
Lmao, going back to Ranked Score because farmers. Backwards solution.
silmarilen
let's also remove every mode other than std from the game and change the ranking criteria back to how they were in 2010
Yuudachi-kun
Nice troll thread 3/10