Kitsune^2 - Free

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Starrodkirby86
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 2015年8月10日 at 17:06:57

Artist: Kitsune^2
Title: Free
Tags: kitsune kitsunesquared renard kitsune2 squaredance striker vulpvibe chiptune electronic nerdcore
BPM: 190
Filesize: 6960kb
Play Time: 00:16
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.38 stars, 17 notes)
  2. Freedom (7.61 stars, 909 notes)
  3. Insane (5.99 stars, 643 notes)
Download: Kitsune^2 - Free
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
It's around 2014. It started when I listened to this song on a whim while driving. I thought that this would make for a really fun beatmap, especially the middle and ending segments of the song. Even as I've been inactive and away from osu!, I couldn't get enough of it. I wanted to map more, I wanted to do more things.

College happened. A breakup happened. I come back for a small period of time, assure myself, "I'm totally going to make this happen!", but the cycle continued. For months, I didn't progress on anything because of this inactivity.

I must've finished [Freedom] by March 2014. I don't remember anymore. A year later, I decided to map an [Insane]. It took so long to get that finished. Once more, I occupied myself with other things, hid myself deep elsewhere, and devoted myself to my college studies. But it was a struggle.

This song has a lot of different meanings to me. It was first innocent, and something that I just wanted to map, or at least something balls to the wall hard. Now the words strike a bit more when I've been struggling to cope with my breakup. Now the words strike even more when I keep getting into this endless cycle of coming back into osu! fulfilled with empty promises. Now the words strike even more that I want all of that stuff to stop.

So I hope that uploading this map makes me free and gives me peace of mind. So that I can move on and learn from some of the more unpleasant things in life, and strive and want to strive and do what I do best.

(and that's not make maps, am I right? ayyy lmao)

---
Changelog:
r81015.01: WOW I didn't notice that snapping error in [Freedom], LMAO
Toy
holy shit he's back
Topic Starter
Starrodkirby86

we livinnnn'

[Toy] wrote:

holy shit he's back
grats on the tournament win <3
-GN
oh glory

"star rating: 7.61
bpm: 190
mercy: none"
Xilver15
Liiraye
So you finally uploaded it! Good luck with this

Btw, I'm afraid your spread might be too big :^)
Kawashiro
OMG Kirby is back!!@@
Topic Starter
Starrodkirby86

Liiraye wrote:

So you finally uploaded it! Good luck with this

Btw, I'm afraid your spread might be too big :^)
Shohei Ohtani
i remember you sending this map to me a while ago lmfao

I'll literally re-join the BN just to bubble this and you can quote me on that
Kashimaria
KIRBY is come back lol
gregest
were you high when you decided to use that spacing?
Morbon
AR 8 pls :>
jesse1412
Ey buddy this is some 2007 tier shit right here: 00:05:991 (1,2,3,4) -

Rest is a lot better though.

You should fix the NCs on Shanghai Alice of Meiji 17 and upload that too. Also update your user page bud.
Topic Starter
Starrodkirby86

CptBlackBird wrote:

were you high when you decided to use that spacing?
The jump before the middle of the instrumental is probably a bit too extreme to see anyone do properly. I may have to nerf that.

As for those janky deathstreams afterwards... Well, that's another story, LMAO. 

jesus1412 wrote:

Ey buddy this is some 2007 tier shit right here: 00:05:991 (1,2,3,4) -

Rest is a lot better though.

You should fix the NCs on Shanghai Alice of Meiji 17 and upload that too. Also update your user page bud.
lmaooo

Yeah, I think players kept having hiccups on that too – it's not quite intuitive especially at the beginning. I think replacing it with a repeating slider might work since you don't need to rely on guessing what rhythm is what.

As for Shanghai, god, I should actually map a proper second half to that too. LMAO

Thanks for the comments. :)
Purple

yep this is a Kirby mix

The difficulty calculator doesn't take angled streams into account (only the space between the notes), so I'd say this is easily over 8* in difficulty

As for Shanghai, god, I should actually map a proper second half to that too. LMAO
please no random 1/6 streams that's all i ask
Topic Starter
Starrodkirby86

Purple wrote:

yep this is a Kirby mix

The difficulty calculator doesn't take angled streams into account (only the space between the notes), so I'd say this is easily over 8* in difficulty
That triangular pattern is definitely something that I feel is one of the oddest part of all things. Or maybe that entire first instrumental. Not sure what I'm going to do with that one. :P

Oh, and once more, I really appreciate people trying the map out. If there's anyone that can pass this map, please let me know, or share a replay here or something. This is the first map that I couldn't even playtest whatsoever, so for many of the patterns, namely the kiai portions, I kind of just... left luck to heaven I guess! Thanks. <3
MoodyRPG
Kitsune <3
Enon
holy shit :D
Alleria
Holy shit i lived to experience another kirby map, i love you.
pw384
THE
LEGEND
IS
BACK
Akiyama Mizuki
oh god
primrose
oh my god YES
fanzhen0019
HALLO
Viun
Welcome BACK!
Myxo
GOOD LUCK
Stefan
WANT.
nhule12345
holy shit kirby is back , more hard maps to play WOOHOO
Deif
YES!
Kashimaria
anyone passed [Freedom]?
Spiral
holy shit
god map
qwr
Holy crap that stream spacing
Sylt_old
kirbae
Wojowu
Did you consider making full mapset and trying to get it ranked?
show more