forum

[tOST] 2015 Itsudemooo wins with 2-6 , 6-5

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Crowve

kev_expert wrote:

Hello!, I'm Kev_expert from the team "Lil'Bitches", i wanna know if i can change my Osu nickname To - Kevert - without any problems and if its allowed to do that .. Thanks!
Yea No problem just tell me per pm when u changed it .
Accurian
Triangular Trinity
Accurian
Alexefer
Epixia

Reposting since both members were replaced.
Karuta-_old_1

Karuta- wrote:

Team Name: (ノ`Д ́)ノ︵ ┻━┻

Karuta-

[Trigger]

After 12 days I found my 1st comrade in arms
Topic Starter
Crowve
Alright im setting the limit of teams to 48.
Wieran

Kitteh wrote:

Canadian Rejects
Kitteh
Azers mom
Feather

As "Kitteh" on our team is now banned, can you make the team just me and Feather ;_;
l4uke
I would love to participate , but I don't have a team. Does anyone want's to creat one or put me in one team? I would be gratefull. Thanks.
Valky
Hi im also looking for a team :)
Topic Starter
Crowve
tryaway
GL everybody and I hope we all going to make the best out of this tournament
Topic Starter
Crowve
Be sure everyone to come at the 25. July for the Livedrawings 8-) .
Kittera

Kittera wrote:

Anti-Bully Rangers
FeelsBadMan
Hawns
- Kotori -
"FeelsBadMan" is now Kittera, sorry I changed names and forgot to mention it
Justin
A thought just came to my head and I wanted to confirm it, team leaders are able to be switched out for members during the tournament right?
Topic Starter
Crowve

The_Insane_man wrote:

A thought just came to my head and I wanted to confirm it, team leaders are able to be switched out for members during the tournament right?
Team Captain is just if I want to contact a person in the team which I can not reach , which I can .

Dat english.
sellyme

dat group of death
Topic Starter
Crowve
DahplA
C:
Hydrano
Am I allowed to stream my gameplay during groupstage or even in finals if we reach them?
SmolOshino

Dirdam wrote:

ヽ༼ ◕ ل͜ ◕ ༽ ノ Ayy lmao ヽ༼ ◕ ل͜ ◕ ༽ ノ
Dirdam
Vinylru
Changed From Vinylru To HoshizoraRin
Topic Starter
Crowve
Livedrawings are uploaded ,see first post .

And Group stages will be streamed!
DahplA

thewagner wrote:

Livedrawings are uploaded ,see first post .
:C

thewagner wrote:

And Group stages will be streamed!
C:
Magnolia
RESIGN, Due to shit map pools
Topic Starter
Crowve

o_O wrote:

What did you expect?
DahplA
Groups in 4 hours. Get hyped C:

Stay tuned on twitch. Good luck and have fun too all teams.
Topic Starter
Crowve
Magnolia

thewagner wrote:

o_O wrote:

What did you expect?
not maps people play at 50k lol. some 9.2-9.3's atleast, some non shit maps, like the song choices are meh, but why only insanes on everything you cant get to 10k without playing extra's so why not add some and to top it off most good players are likely to break due to these maps being slow, meaning the shittier players get pushed through, you should have atleast had some 10-3k people as map pickers as you obviously lack a proper judgment
tryaway
To o.O:

I don't know what that '50k' means, but mappools difficulty will (I hope) increase when we move on to next rounds. I too, think that mappool is easy as I can FC most of them within 1-3 tries, but that doesn't apply for everyone. Not all of us participating in this tournament is like you or me. For now, you will have to accuracy war it. If you are too scared for losing with combobreak or FC low acc, you lose as a player and not due 'shitty' mappool.

Btw: you don't have to play extra diff. to reach 10k as DT is now overpowered.
sellyme
>people complaining about map pool being too easy

>rank 4.5k players failing maps in the tournament

FCing a map after 150 retries at your own time with no pressure is very different to FCing a map first try in a tournament setting with the nerves of people watching.

Personally, I loved the map pool - there were a few very smart picks in there that allowed for a wide range of different skills to show, and there's probably only one map (Magic Girl) that I felt wasn't a good tournament map pick - but that could just be because I suck at it.
Magnolia

sellyme wrote:

FCing a map after 150 retries at your own time with no pressure is very different to FCing a map first try in a tournament setting with the nerves of people watching.

Personally, I loved the map pool - there were a few very smart picks in there that allowed for a wide range of different skills to show, and there's probably only one map (Magic Girl) that I felt wasn't a good tournament map pick - but that could just be because I suck at it.
people are failing cause it's too slow orz
Hydrano

o_O wrote:

sellyme wrote:

people are failing cause it's too slow orz
Sorry but I just played myself. I also FCed most of the maps private, but now during the tournament I broke a few sliders or missed a note that I don't miss else.
On the other hand I FC'ed 2 maps which I could not FC previously.

The mappool is, in my opinion, well picked for the group stage. I'm sure difficulty will increase in the next rounds.
Topic Starter
Crowve
Too much swag and yolo for the maps :) .
Risa
tbh i thnk the group stage mappool is quite ok especially if u compare it OWC 2014 group stage mappool https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Osu!_World_Cup_2014

Just some suggestions for future mappools :
Less or no TV Size
Higher BPM for DT ( at least some 250+ BPM )

Also i think a rule should be made where at least 1 person from each team has to use at least 1 mod for freemod picks
UndeadCapulet

Reset- wrote:

Also i think a rule should be made where at least 1 person from each team has to use at least 1 mod for freemod picks
Yes, please do this.

As for my opinion of the mappool, I think overall it's very good for group stage. There definitely need to be some lower BPM picks, because that is also its own skill. Though I hope for later pools, more consideration is put into the difficulty curve of the individual maps; both Good Time and Just Awake have their hardest parts at the very beginning, in my opinion. There isn't much punishment for missing at those points.
DahplA

o_O wrote:

not maps people play at 50k lol. some 9.2-9.3's atleast, some non shit maps, like the song choices are meh, but why only insanes on everything you cant get to 10k without playing extra's so why not add some and to top it off most good players are likely to break due to these maps being slow, meaning the shittier players get pushed through, you should have atleast had some 10-3k people as map pickers as you obviously lack a proper judgment
If you're going to resign, do it quietly. We don't want to hear your incorrect opinion.
Topic Starter
Crowve
Topic Starter
Crowve
Mappool for the First Round out.

Just for info , the "1. Round and 2. Round " on the challonge are going to be played next week, both with the "1.Round Mappool".

I will make the shedule tomorrow cuz im tired .

Losers bracket the week after that.
Accurian
There are beatmaps that aren't ranked or qualified in the map pool.Is that normal?
Karuta-_old_1

Accurian wrote:

There are beatmaps that aren't ranked or qualified in the map pool.Is that normal?
It is normal, unranked doesn't mean that it is shit as long as the map fits the category

but in case if the player gets kicked out of bancho upon finishing the map, it won't show on recent play (I just realised this recently)

it rarely happens but it does
tryaway
Unranked maps won't be shown on recently played.
But the rule said DC is automatically lose unless your duo carry you hard
Accurian

Karuta- wrote:

Accurian wrote:

It is normal, unranked doesn't mean that it is shit as long as the map fits the category

but in case if the player gets kicked out of bancho upon finishing the map, it won't show on recent play (I just realised this recently)

it rarely happens but it does
I'm not saying that unranked maps are bad, but QATs exist for a reason, and that is making sure the maps are at its best, readable, and playable by everyone. If it's not even qualified, there might be chance that it's not ready to be played yet, especially in a tournament setting.
Karuta-_old_1

tryaway wrote:

Unranked maps won't be shown on recently played.
But the rule said DC is automatically lose unless your duo carry you hard
I did not mention anything about disconnects, the problem should be common to those who hosted tournaments or who followed tournaments often

The problem is explicit in a way that it automatically kicks off the player as soon as the map is finished when there is result on the user's profile
(so the player automatically gets ZERO in the multiplayer even though they did have a score and playcount)

It happened to Kert from Russia during OWC 2014 (forgot which match but it was discussed in the discussion thread with Kert showing proof of his score)

Happened twice in tournament which I took part in staff
OSST: DT FC (Keirun vs caleb123456)
Global Tournament: HR FC

Happened to me once in a tournament I took part as a participant, (no FC)
I got kicked out as soon as I finish the last spinner and when I pm the person in charge it tells me that the user was not online
I managed to get back to the match but I never asked my opponent what happened

I am not against putting unranked maps but referees please pay attention to who is winning especially with unranked beatmaps

You would be seriously pissed off if your the one who FC-ed and got kicked out and lost because of that
show more