Congratz Asphyxia! ^^
Spaghetti
nice nice
Buttercup
Congrats c:
Fullerene-
walao
Liiraye
A little late to the party but damn guys, congrats in getting this historical map ranked! Asphyxia man you deserve so much cred for ranking so many lost marvels lately.
Chewin
asphy the best
Swiftrax

Chewin wrote:

asphy the best
I feel like this map might stay ranked, but I don't know if it will because of FOUR DIMENSIONS diff in my opinion.
Chewin

[ TPorter ] wrote:

Chewin wrote:

asphy the best
I feel like this map might stay ranked, but I don't know if it will because of FOUR DIMENSIONS diff in my opinion.
4D diff is so coooowl.

Okoratu

Chewin wrote:

also i told you that there are whistles put on 3/4 stuff which were supposed to be on 1/3 ticks, you did that in rlc's diff but not anywhere else where you map a stream over these
they sound off lol
Chewin
Me? D:
Okoratu
nah i just felt the need to fix your video, the comment was for asph, sorry for confusing you lel
fartownik
The map should be disqualified.

Reasons:

[RLC's Extra]
01:34:485 (9,1) - and 01:39:285 (9,1) - clearly indicate a 1/4 jump, especially the second one. I had a big WTF moment when trying to play this part without checking it in the editor first. If you want a confirmation, watch jantan's replay (#2 place), he shoots 100s on those streams same way as I did. I'm pretty sure top50 is filled with players doing just that if you want more examples.

Edit: checked, DudsonZ also does it in his replay. I'm fairly sure the high-acc FCs don't do it only because they've already choked at that point and remembered this part in the editor.

The map should be unqualified solely for that part, but you can fix some more.

02:14:085 (4,1) - Seriously no one noticed a 1/4 screenjump out of nowhere?
01:04:635 (1,2,3,4) - No big deal but, why the different spacing on (1) and (2)?

Also I don't quite understand the random distance spacing changes in streams. 02:25:035 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - 0,6x and then suddenly 02:26:235 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - 0,8x. There's obviously more. No big deal, still playable, just weird.
03:56:085 (1,2,3) - Why is this stacked exactly?
04:01:860 (6,1,1) - HORRIBLE flow. You basically killed half of the FCs up to this point with this dickmove.

While I'm at it I may as well point out some stuff from other diffs.

[ktgster's Extreme]
00:16:634 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - This played plain weird, every single time.

[FOUR DIMENSIONS]
02:41:984 (3,4,5) - Another dickmove. Not only this doesn't play well, but you didn't enforce the player to do such movements in the previous patterns of the chorus (patterns that sound exactly like this one). You only required a simple, one-dimensional drag over the streams, not a complex movement such as this. The players are not ready for this and will miss in most cases (-> saw Rafis playing quite a bit and he did that). Spacing it like this makes no sense and is unintentionally hard.
02:46:334 (13,14) - Same here. Please be consistent with the streams.
03:55:334 (5,6) - This seems kinda fine because you put the next part of the pattern on a white tick correctly, but still similar to the above.

I hope you have a great day.
Topic Starter
Asphyxia

fartownik wrote:

The map should be disqualified.

Reasons:

[RLC's Extra]
01:34:485 (9,1) - and 01:39:285 (9,1) - clearly indicate a 1/4 jump, especially the second one. I had a big WTF moment when trying to play this part without checking it in the editor first. If you want a confirmation, watch jantan's replay (#2 place), he shoots 100s on those streams same way as I did. I'm pretty sure top50 is filled with players doing just that if you want more examples.

Edit: checked, DudsonZ also does it in his replay. I'm fairly sure the high-acc FCs don't do it only because they've already choked at that point and remembered this part in the editor.

The map should be unqualified solely for that part, but you can fix some more.

02:14:085 (4,1) - Seriously no one noticed a 1/4 screenjump out of nowhere?
01:04:635 (1,2,3,4) - No big deal but, why the different spacing on (1) and (2)?

Also I don't quite understand the random distance spacing changes in streams. 02:25:035 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - 0,6x and then suddenly 02:26:235 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - 0,8x. There's obviously more. No big deal, still playable, just weird.
03:56:085 (1,2,3) - Why is this stacked exactly?
04:01:860 (6,1,1) - HORRIBLE flow. You basically killed half of the FCs up to this point with this dickmove.

While I'm at it I may as well point out some stuff from other diffs.

[ktgster's Extreme]
00:16:634 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - This played plain weird, every single time.

[FOUR DIMENSIONS]
02:41:984 (3,4,5) - Another dickmove. Not only this doesn't play well, but you didn't enforce the player to do such movements in the previous patterns of the chorus (patterns that sound exactly like this one). You only required a simple, one-dimensional drag over the streams, not a complex movement such as this. The players are not ready for this and will miss in most cases (-> saw Rafis playing quite a bit and he did that). Spacing it like this makes no sense and is unintentionally hard.
02:46:334 (13,14) - Same here. Please be consistent with the streams.
03:55:334 (5,6) - This seems kinda fine because you put the next part of the pattern on a white tick correctly, but still similar to the above.

I hope you have a great day.
Thanks! I've noted QATs about this, so I'll be waiting for their final decision whether this gets disqualified or not.
Wuni-s
Niceeeee 8-) :D
snz
RIP!!!
Nomination Assessment Team

Disqualification Notice

Hello!

Unfortunately, the Quality Assurance Team has decided to disqualify this beatmap. The following is a list of reasons and examples for the disqualification. We do not outline every issue in detail, so make sure to take the idea behind each reason and apply it to the entire beatmap as issues might be found in more than the spots mentioned below. If you have any questions, please reply to this post and we will do our best to clarify any misunderstandings.

RLC's Extra

Misleading patterns, Mapping Quality

• A few kickslider patterns in this map are misleading. The kicksliders are used directly after a stream and with a stream following afterwards, so the players will think that there is an 1/4 gap after the kicksliders even though the spacing is relatively big. It's especially confusing since the streams start on blue ticks.
  1. 01:34:485 (9,1) -
  2. 01:39:285 (9,1) -

There are a few more questionable patterns in this map we would like to adress:
  3. 02:14:085 (4,1) - The jump between these objects is too huge and breaks the flow a lot. Players will have problems to play the stream (that requires relatively slow movement) properly after a huge 1/4-jump like this one.
  4. 04:01:635 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1) - These mid-stream jumps come rather unexpected after this intense section and have a poor flow to them. We would recommend you to avoid stream jumps here, or make them flow more smoothly.
FOUR DIMENSIONS

Sharp Stream Turns

• The sharp stream turns used in the very high-spaced streams don't play well and are difficult to read. Some of them also happen on blue ticks, which makes them more unintuitive to play, as the players will expect the stream turns on the stronger beats.
  1. 02:41:984 (3,4,5) -
  2. 02:46:259 (12,13,14) -
  3. 03:55:259 (4,5,6) -

If you happen to have concerns about this disqualification, you can contest the decision with this form. Before using this form, please read the instructions carefully.

The Beatmap Nominators may handle this mapset after the issues have been addressed.

Good luck!

###M
Topic Starter
Asphyxia

Quality Assurance Team wrote:

Disqualification Notice

Hello!

Unfortunately, the Quality Assurance Team has decided to disqualify this beatmap. The following is a list of reasons and examples for the disqualification. We do not outline every issue in detail, so make sure to take the idea behind each reason and apply it to the entire beatmap as issues might be found in more than the spots mentioned below. If you have any questions, please reply to this post and we will do our best to clarify any misunderstandings.

RLC's Extra

• A few kickslider patterns in this map are misleading. The kicksliders are used directly after a stream and with a stream following afterwards, so the players will think that there is an 1/4 gap after the kicksliders even though the spacing is relatively big. It's especially confusing since the streams start on blue ticks.

3. 02:14:085 (4,1) - The jump between these objects is too huge and breaks the flow a lot. Players will have problems to play the stream (that requires relatively slow movement) properly after a huge 1/4-jump like this one.
  4. 04:01:635 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1) - These mid-stream jumps come rather unexpected after this intense section and have a poor flow to them. We would recommend you to avoid stream jumps here, or make them flow more smoothly.
FOUR DIMENSIONS

Sharp Stream Turns

• The sharp stream turns used in the very high-spaced streams don't play well and are difficult to read. Some of them also happen on blue ticks, which makes them more unintuitive to play, as the players will expect the stream turns on the stronger beats.

If you happen to have concerns about this disqualification, you can contest the decision with this form. Before using this form, please read the instructions carefully.

The Beatmap Nominators may handle this mapset after the issues have been addressed.

Good luck!

###M
Thank you! Will fix these soon~

self-reminder: 03:02:234 (1) - , 01:52:634 (1) - , 02:47:834 (1) - , 03:57:434 - , 01:04:634 -
Athrun
Hype for next rank!
Rapthorn
Seems like somewhat easy fixes, looking forward to seeing this requalified soon ^^
Kimitakari
rest in peace Ranked & Approved map ;_;
Adie
RIP Angelsim
nhule12345
QAT did the great thing this time cuz they told the right things to fix in FOUR DIMENSIONS .
fartownik

- Ping - wrote:

QAT did the great thing this time cuz they told the right things to fix in FOUR DIMENSIONS .
thank you :(
Zexous
the hype must return
rizal12378
RIP angelsim ;-; the god of mouse player (actually loliXn is da bezt mouse player) LOL
Swiftrax

Quality Assurance Team wrote:

Disqualification Notice

Hello!

RLC's Extra

FOUR DIMENSIONS

Sharp Stream Turns

Good luck!

###M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CALLED IT.
*I wish it was still ranked, but w/e.* Good luck re-ranking it! :D

P.S. Is still an amazing map. It's so gr8 I r8 8/8 m8.
Topic Starter
Asphyxia
FOUR DIMENSIONS should be fixed, I'll fix RLC's diff soon. RLC's difficulty is also fixed.
Nathan
RLC diff

04:01:485 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1) - This stream is still hella harsh. I'd make them all connect, because honestly having stream jumps at the very end of a diff when they never appeared previously is just like "fuk the player xd" damn it RLC

Also for the change you made on 02:14:085 (4,1,2,3,4,5), imo you nerfed it to the point where the spacing just feels cramped. Looking at the 1/4 sliders as 1/2 circles (since that is how they're played) the turn into the stream is actually pretty tight and sharp.

yeah let me know after
makemecool123
waiting for this to be ranked
Topic Starter
Asphyxia

sukiNathan wrote:

RLC diff

04:01:485 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1) - This stream is still hella harsh. I'd make them all connect, because honestly having stream jumps at the very end of a diff when they never appeared previously is just like "fuk the player xd" damn it RLC

Also for the change you made on 02:14:085 (4,1,2,3,4,5), imo you nerfed it to the point where the spacing just feels cramped. Looking at the 1/4 sliders as 1/2 circles (since that is how they're played) the turn into the stream is actually pretty tight and sharp.

yeah let me know after
I fixed the first one, that was my bad, forgot it. As for the second one, I'm open for suggestions. I just used 0,8x spacing because it seems he used it on other streams aswell and that was the only way to get rid of the 1/4 jump and not overlap tons of objects at the same time.
show more