forum

Sad news about Nintendo...

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Athrun

Stefan wrote:

I really have no words left about this news.... it shocks but also makes me extremly sad that such a genius person like him is gone. Nintendo made me to that who and what I am, Nintendo is part of my life, of my everyday life. And he made it possible to give us such amazing games.

Shit will be different from now on, Nintendo will not be the same anymore.
Nintendo has impacted so much in gaming, and you are correct, it won't be the same as it was back then....
-[Jess]-
rip
Bara-
Oh my god
Terrible
He was so young :(
Rip Satoru, we can all say we loved him for all amazing things he did
Birdy
He was definitely one of the main guys who made my childhood true, being greatly involved in 5 of my top 10 favourite games.

Rest in peace, good man.
Gumpy
I don't really have much love for Nitnedo games except for Zelda and I really don't have much history with Nintendo from my childhood.
RIP
Lanturn
He gave us Kanto in G/S. Earthbound, Kirby, and the list just goes endlessly into one of the greatest minds ever when it comes to video games. My childhood would never have felt so complete without everything he's done and contributed to my love of Nintendo games, or video games as a whole. Truly a programming genius, but most of all, he loved video games.

I'm just completely in shock at this sudden news. It's a major blow to everyone who plays video games. Even if you aren't a Nintendo fan, I urge you to go look at all his amazing accomplishments in life as it will simply amaze you.

RIP Iwata, you will be deeply missed. One can only wonder what the future of gaming will be like now.

Satoru Iwata wrote:

On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.
BrokenArrow
lip
GlitchedCode
Saddest news in quite a while, Nintendo is my whole childhood and big part of what i am now, he made a lot of the games i love the most come true, a truly excellent worker. May his soul rest in peace.
You have a place in my heart, Iwata-sensei.
Critical Dude
I was really shocked to hear this, a lot of people seem to be worried about how this will affect Nintendo overall.
Rest in peace Mr. Iwata.
-Maus-
Fuck whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
Topic Starter
Athrun

Critical Dude wrote:

I was really shocked to hear this, a lot of people seem to be worried about how this will affect Nintendo overall.
Rest in peace Mr. Iwata.
Yeah, I'm just wondering how will Nintendo go by in the future
brunn08
RIP satoru Iwata, I will miss you. :cry:
NaomiMinette
Rilene
:(
NaomiMinette
Justykanna
Awful news. =(
Secretpipe
Nintendo was my childhood. They made the first games I've ever played in my life and I'm still playing them.

I'm really sad to hear that :/
Renevant
There's a lot of sad pictures/drawings going around right now.

NaomiMinette
So much this (not me, btw):

Karuta-_old_1
Rest in peace
Nameless
Rest in peace, Iwata.
Chaosemerald
R.I.P. :cry:
Professor Prinny
When I first heard about this I thought it was some sort of hoax but after finding that all the major gaming websites were posting the news, it hit me like a truck since this was all so sudden... Even now it feels surreal.

R.I.P Satoru Iwata 1959 - 2015

You will be missed greatly by the gaming industry and community.
NaomiMinette
HeatKai

Renevant wrote:

the gif hits the feels.
Hitorikko
RIP
Erotic Wizard
A friend of mine made a small tribute for him :(
Kunieda
even sega
Topic Starter
Athrun

Blazevoir wrote:

http://nintendoeverything.com/earthbound-creator-shigesato-itoi-on-iwatas-passing/

Don't read if you don't want to cry a lot...
I read this, not knowing what I expected. I cried in my bed.
Stefan

Renevant wrote:

I really suffer with Mario in the first picture...
Nardoxyribonucleic
Rest in peace.
NaomiMinette

Erotic Wizard wrote:

A friend of mine made a small tribute for him :(
Woke up to this. I think I'll just go back to bed now...

Highly appropriate

There are some great remixes out there, but for the sake of respect, I'm posting this instead.
La Volpe
Wow sad news indeed, rest in peace Mr.Iwata. Thank you for your hard work.
Friendan
are you kidding me

It sucks that Iwata died. He was a god-tier programmer, as he fixed Pokemon Silver and Gold AND made the game size so small he was able to add the entire Kanto region himself. Guess that's not saying a lot because Gamefreak isn't very competent.
Neil Watts
Thanks for everything, and rest in piece.
Kyouren
RIP Satoru Iwata (1959-2015)
I like Kirby and Mario games
Thanks you, Satoru Iwata (For making Kirby and Mario games)

I wish, i can mapping Kirby song!
PrinceArua
Rest in peace, Iwata. Thank you for eveything.
DeletedUser_3905941
damn, I only found out just now
RIP
tmp_old_1

RedPanda wrote:

damn, I only found out just now
RIP
Me too. I love his work and I wished he could have done more.

Rest in peace, Satoru Iwata.

guineaQ
Rest in peace Satoru Iwata,

you are one of the reasons why I enrolled into computer engineering
show more