How to identify "bad habits"

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
StephOsu
as title
i don't know if i have any bad habits other than mashing on 5.5+star songs
FieryLight
Watch multiple other people who are good and observe how they play. Watch replays of your own playing. Compare and contrast, then decide for yourself what you think is a bad habit and what is acceptable even if different
GoldenWolf
Whatever something is holding you back/hindering your performance can be considered a bad habit
Topic Starter
StephOsu

FieryLight wrote:

Watch multiple other people who are good and observe how they play. Watch replays of your own playing. Compare and contrast, then decide for yourself what you think is a bad habit and what is acceptable even if different
i always watch doomsday's stream because he's a mouse+keyboard user that has a really close setting like me (100 DPI difference) and i can't really tell the difference between our playstyle aside from him being better than me by thousand folds

GoldenWolf wrote:

Whatever something is holding you back/hindering your performance can be considered a bad habit
i don't think anything is holding my performance though but im not really sure other than some failed snapping at the middle of every beatmaps and mashing whenever i am playing really hard songs that's out of my level range
Deva
Download pro replays and watch them at 0.5x
Anything that you do any other way may develop a bad habit
GoldenWolf
Then apart from mashing you might not have bad habits yet
Deva

GoldenWolf wrote:

Hes too low rank to know that. Back when i was 200k i thought that pressing z and x simultaneously for doubles wasnt bad because it was easier. Now i suffer because of that.
aka he just might not notice it because of his low level of play
-sev
browsing g&r is a bad habit
Endaris

Kaienyuu wrote:

Also play more maps with triples and work on your accuracy.
If you don't get that down it will backfire when moving towards 5 stars.
KanoSet

Kaienyuu wrote:

Topic Starter
StephOsu
I always singletap on doubles though
and yeah my accuracy is really bad
my snapping is really bad so i had been playing some really jumpy maps to practice snapping

Kaienyuu wrote:

corrected for'ya
Endaris
You don't have to practice snapping consciously it will happen automatically when you develop speed and play slower stuff.
Also singles are really really easy to maintain accuracy on so you should focus on triples and streams for now.

And browsing g&r is certainly worse than generic browsing.
Ohrami

Endaris wrote:

You don't have to practice snapping consciously it will happen automatically when you develop speed and play slower stuff.
Also singles are really really easy to maintain accuracy on so you should focus on triples and streams for now.

this post is all wrong
KanoSet

Ohrami wrote:

Endaris wrote:

this post is all wrong
happy 666 post count
ZenithPhantasm

Kaienyuu wrote:

:(
Upskirt

HK_ wrote:

GoldenWolf wrote:

Hes too low rank to know that. Back when i was 200k i thought that pressing z and x simultaneously for doubles wasnt bad because it was easier. Now i suffer because of that.
aka he just might not notice it because of his low level of play
I do this always, yet also know which key it lands on. It's just easier.
Ichi
Just play everything. When you encounter a map which you think it´s too hard to play, even if its in the same star range, and you avoid it because it´s weird then there you have a bad habit. You are only playing TV size style maps and ordinary jumps while your reading becomes shit and then you end up being able to play only dt. My advice play every ar, learn every streaming speed, while also trying to push forward, but don´t skip steps. GL