forum

[Archived] Unable to go online (Check your internet connection)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
based_bluetawn
Problem Details:
Osu runs perfectly fine other than being unable to connect to the internet. Looks for closest server, connection failed, (will keep trying).
I try running the updater and it also gives me an error about not being able to connect to the internet.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: b20150414.2
VeilStar
Temporarily disable - or add exception rules to - your firewall and anti-virus software and see if that works.

VeilStar wrote:

1. Open the 'windows firewall with advanced security'. (Search for "firewall" or get to it trough the control panel.)
  2. Go to 'Inbound Rules' and click on 'New Rule...'.
  3. Program -> Browse to the osu!.exe file -> Allow the connection > Select all.
  4. Do the same for 'Outbound Rules'.
Topic Starter
based_bluetawn
I forgot to mention this is on Arch Linux running through PlayOnLinux.
VeilStar
Oh.. Well, I can't say a whole lot (more) in that case then.
I think it's likely that some software is blocking the connection if it's just the game itself that has issues connecting.
Maybe someone else can help you out here.
Nekonyan
try this

[quote="Kyonko Hizara":1337]So it's working for me again for some reason after I unplugged my router for around 10 minutesalso, try type this on your shell script (which is like command prompt on Windows)
iptables -A OUTPUT -j ACCEPT
it will accept all your output connection (include your output connection to bancho)

source:
http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2011/02/iptables-add-rule/
http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2011/01/ipt ... damentals/

I just drop this source link here, and I hope it could help you ;)
even I wasn't sure Linux OS on that article is same as your Linux OS ._.
Kyonko Hizara
Yesterday there were some issues with cloudflare having small outages in the US so that may have been your problem. If you still can't connect then it's on your end.