forum

osu! : Last Man Standing!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Backfire
Here with more bad news!
1) Australia vs. Singapore is cancelled due to problems on Australia's end, so Singapore is the default winner.
2) osu! Staff still has not contacted me back for the osu!tourney access, so it is entirely possible that they will not even see it till the weekend. I guess it's my fault for not finalising my staff sooner but, I have a lot of issues to tend to and honestly I thought they'd respond quicker. If you'd like to help, pm Loctav or e-mail the tournament staff to help me get this noticed ASAP. We have streamers but no client.

Actually it seems we will be able to have a make-shift stream (sorry ;_; it'll just be play by play commentary and the multiplayer screen! hope that isn't a problem)
http://www.twitch.tv/taikoworldcuplms
Bass
Maybe ask someone who has access to stream for you? Take a look who is in group.
Histoire
hi i want to complain about the streamer, the streamer seems to be playing during the matches and drawing dicks in smoke
Heinzen
So we are tied with USA A because Singapore got 3 extra lives because Australia had a no-show case? Australia played against us and the US and we had straight up a actual matches. But Singapore still gets 3 bonus lives. Even though we beat them by a lot in the tiebreaker and the US didnt get left behind by much.

This is really funny if you ask me, I mean, the guys who had legit matches and played the best are being left behind - by a lot - because there wasn't a reschedule. Nice dude
Topic Starter
Backfire

bonbori wrote:

So we are tied with USA A because Singapore got 3 extra lives because Australia had a no-show case? Australia played against us and the US and we had straight up a actual matches. But Singapore still gets 3 bonus lives. Even though we beat them by a lot in the tiebreaker and the US didnt get left behind by much.

This is really funny if you ask me, I mean, the guys who had legit matches and played the best are being left behind - by a lot - because there wasn't a reschedule. Nice dude
Sorry, Australia did not ask for a re-schedule, they simply forfeited their match to Singapore. I'd like to point this out, before you call for our heads, because if a team forfeits they basically automatically are giving the other team 3 points. There is nothing wrong with this, and there is nothing that could have stopped singapore from either going out there and 3-0'ing or 3-1'ing Australia. Had they 3-1'd australia, you'd all be tied.

Many things could happen, but this is the outcome. Please don't be upset, you are not being "left behind" either, as we have a plan for you next week to play a tie-breaker match to decide who will get into the Round of 16. I hope you understand, as this is the best we can do. Not everyone can move on in a group, and to say that you and USA are stronger than Singapore is not exactly fair to Singapore, who played quite well in your matches as well.
Heinzen
Well then, I propose that we re-do the group stage removing Australia from it. Making it a 3-way face-off between USA, Brazil and Singapore. What you just said sounds extremely fishy and I won't buy that they magically decided not to play against Singapore and play against Brazil and USA A.

I am sorry if this upsets you, but this wasn't a good start management-wise. Oh and also, I'd like to request to have our tiebreaker against USA A (as I obviously know that you won't re-do the group stage because reasons) on the next sunday.
Topic Starter
Backfire

Here is your proof. We did our job here, sorry.
MouseEasy
In my opinion, if Australia refused to play, the "fair" option is to do a triple tiebreaker. Because i can't see a no-show win deciding who will get to R.O 16 in a "fair" way. And as seen before, the teams seem very even, we lost to USA and won against Singapore, and USA won against us and lost against Singapore. In my opinion, we need to clean things up.
Heinzen
I can't see that, unfortunately not solving a problem is not doing your job honestly - and that comes from someone who organized countless tournaments before. The problem lies and we are proposing a fair solution. If anything, give everyone the no-show against Australia so the numbers are not wrong in the end and we get stuck with the 3-way tie.
Toy

Backfire wrote:

bonbori wrote:

Sorry, Australia did not ask for a re-schedule, they simply forfeited their match to Singapore. I'd like to point this out, before you call for our heads, because if a team forfeits they basically automatically are giving the other team 3 points. There is nothing wrong with this, and there is nothing that could have stopped singapore from either going out there and 3-0'ing or 3-1'ing Australia. Had they 3-1'd australia, you'd all be tied.

Many things could happen, but this is the outcome. Please don't be upset, you are not being "left behind" either, as we have a plan for you next week to play a tie-breaker match to decide who will get into the Round of 16. I hope you understand, as this is the best we can do. Not everyone can move on in a group, and to say that you and USA are stronger than Singapore is not exactly fair to Singapore, who played quite well in your matches as well.
So instead of rescheduling another Brazil and US match, why can't we just reschedule an AUS vs SG match. Seems like it would be more fair.

unless the're secretly in cahoots to let singapore through!!!!

probably not
fabriciorby
yes

(sorry my bad english)
Topic Starter
Backfire
I'm sorry?

I'm not sure what you want me to do. Replaying the groups over is not an option, neither is a 3-way tiebreaker.

I will put it bluntly, not all 3 of you can get through anyways, and if you wanted to advance against singapore, you literally had a chance to do so, but you still lost rounds which ultimately put them in a better position. Not to say "woah you should have just done better!" but that is the position you are in. I will say it again, Singapore won fairly and I show no favoritism to them.

I won't budge on my decision. If you want to go through, beat USA next week. Thanks for understanding!

If you want a rematch, I will ask Australia and Singapore if they would like to play tonight or during the week.

But also, notice this

I will restate, not all teams can go through, and if Australia or Singapore deny the request for a match, we will go on as planned. Sorry if this disappoints you.
MouseEasy
ok, rip usa

oooh
Heinzen
Farewell then Mr. I wish both teams good luck and that they play fair and straight.
Jks

MouseEasy wrote:

In my opinion, if Australia refused to play, the "fair" option is to do a triple tiebreaker. Because i can't see a no-show win deciding who will get to R.O 16 in a "fair" way. And as seen before, the teams seem very even, we lost to USA and won against Singapore, and USA won against us and lost against Singapore. In my opinion, we need to clean things up.
We did not refuse to play we simply couldn't. I had to write that message as soon as I found out because I was getting on a plane and didn't have much time. I really am sorry that this happened and that certain things happened because of this if you want us to rematch or play against Singapore during the week there should be no problems at all.

Again I am sorry to Brazil,USA and Singapore for potentially causings issues for you

The best times for us to do anything would be Monday/Tuesday Afternoon utc+10
Jks
feel free to talk to me about anything through site pms or forum as I will not be near a computer for another day. I had to go to a net cafe for yesterday's matches and we ended up having sick players
Lno
This is how I see it: Singapore is 1st, it's not the fault of staff or Singapore that Australia couldn't show up so stop guilt tripping Backfire about it. USA A beat Brazil so that should put Brazil below USA A meaning Brazil should be out.
Jks

Lno wrote:

This is how I see it: Singapore is 1st, it's not the fault of staff or Singapore that Australia couldn't show up so stop guilt tripping Backfire about it. USA A beat Brazil so that should put Brazil below USA A meaning Brazil should be out.
I believe that's what will happen if Singapore denies the rematch/reschedule offer.
Lno
Which they should because they did nothing wrong and shouldn't be penalized.
Topic Starter
Backfire
Heinzen

Jks wrote:

Lno wrote:

I believe that's what will happen if Singapore denies the rematch/reschedule offer.
If that's the case then we will play a tiebreaker against USA A. And I believe Lno's observation is wrong, because if that's the case then we also beat the team that won against USA which makes us even the way I see. Either way, we sorted it out with the staff. I hope you guys can rematch against Singapore for the sake of Brazil and USA.

Cheers
Aka
this pool is supposed to have harder maps? if so, then uhm.. i dont really understand what DJ S3RL feat. Sara - Feel The Melody (XinCrin) [TeA's Insane] is doing in DT of RO16. even Mushroom Mother and other 2 DT maps from Group Stage pool were definitely harder than this one lol or maybe its here just cause of bpm?
a lot of old maps again, why :(
Jks
If that's the case then we will play a tiebreaker against USA A. And I believe Lno's observation is wrong, because if that's the case then we also beat the team that won against USA which makes us even the way I see. Either way, we sorted it out with the staff. I hope you guys can rematch against Singapore for the sake of Brazil and USA.

Cheers

My apologies again I missread what he said and i agree that we should the match against SG wether it's a win or loss.
I can't say sorry enough this is pretty much my fault for being unclear and such a big case was made because of it. I really am sorry
Jks
Lol fuck and I can't edit posts on my phone gg wp

Edit : nvm I figured it out lol
Lno

bonbori wrote:

Cheers
You beat Singapore which is irrelevant since they are above both teams in question. The normal tournament ruling here would be that because you lost to USA A you would be the ones that are lower, therefore out.

Also if I was in Singapore's position I would not accept this rematch.
Jks
Technically it's not a rematch since the match wasn't actually played. Also in my pm I never said we wanted to ff against Singapore and like I have said in almost every post this IS my fault I WAS unclear in my message and I honestly am trying to do my best regardless of what happens. And Bon said it before

bonbori wrote:

Either way, we sorted it out with the staff. I hope you guys can rematch against Singapore for the sake of Brazil and USA.

Cheers
Sanae Kochiya

Aka wrote:

this pool is supposed to have harder maps? if so, then uhm.. i dont really understand what DJ S3RL feat. Sara - Feel The Melody (XinCrin) [TeA's Insane] is doing in DT of RO16. even Mushroom Mother and other 2 DT maps from Group Stage pool were definitely harder than this one lol or maybe its here just cause of bpm?
a lot of old maps again, why :(
Chill a bit. They're gonna safe the good and hard maps for the end.
primrose
holy shit I like the Ro16 mappool a lot
Cherry Blossom
Hello everyone.
Since Priti is away during this week, I need to get some feedbacks concerning RO16, to make sure the mappool of Quarter Finals will be good enough for a majority of players, just tell me what you think about the RO16 mappool, i mean, good and bad points.
Thank you.
Stefan
Removed unnecessary posts by request.
Fenrir

Cherry Blossom wrote:

Hello everyone.
Since Priti is away during this week, I need to get some feedbacks concerning RO16, to make sure the mappool of Quarter Finals will be good enough for a majority of players, just tell me what you think about the RO16 mappool, i mean, good and bad points.
Thank you.
The mappool is great.

The only thing that bothers me is this Outer Science map on the HD bracket. You know, there's another Outer Science map mapped by tutuhaha, in my opinion, tutuhaha's version have more interesting patterns to be played with Hidden mod, also it is a harder map.

tutuhaha's map: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/122376

Cheers.
jesse1412
Synchrostar
any news regarding a stream?
Niko-nyan
Singapore vs France A will be delay by 20 mins ;w; sorry for this announcement

mp : https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/17568597
Xytox
CAN YOU PLEASE PUT THE NEXT MAPPOOL IN THE OP? thx!
Kyshiro

Xytox wrote:

CAN YOU PLEASE PUT THE NEXT MAPPOOL IN THE OP? thx!
found out 1 day before the match ayy
Topic Starter
Backfire
Lno
The map pack is here~
Download
Enjoy!
Sanae Kochiya
wew dat difficulty spike xD
Histoire

Backfire wrote:

Truxton - SHOTGUN JUGGLE (P o M u T a) [Extra]