posted
Total Posts
show more
kaetwo
hopefully can get on some time soon, too busy recently
Granger
Same here...
KiritoSyain
Hi i am Using Mineshafter and i can't join omg!?!?!?! please help me >3< my name in minecraft is KennySyain_
i too once had a server name lavascape but when i played osu i deleted it, when i join osucraft it said, invalid session :3
Granger
The server does not support Mineshafter.
Topic Starter
whymeman
As much as i'd love to give everyone a chance joining the server, I can't allow mineshafter to be used on the server for 3 main reasons.

1.) It poses as a security risk and leaves the server open to hacked clients/cheaters. This has happened in the past which is why we can't allow it anymore since 1.5.2. I don't want to see the server shutdown again over some retard that wants to use such crap just because its fun crashing servers.

2.) If I allowed it, Loctav would definitely shut/delete this thread down for good.

3.) Technically, its illegal to use cracked clients in general. Even if it hasn't been an issue before, I don't want it to become one in the future.
Fezzes_old
Which region is this server based on?
Necturion
I'll check it out now ~
KatouMegumi
Minecraft public servers... Why it's isn't here?
-SayaKai
that ninja
Corin

fizzn1 wrote:

Minecraft public servers... Why it's isn't here?
Pretty sure whyme wants to keep it inside of osu!
Zuikaku
Used to play Minecraft but now a lot of servers are filled with trolls... ugh the pain you get when you login to realise that you've been griefed and your house all blown up >:(
Topic Starter
whymeman

Poisonmellon wrote:

Used to play Minecraft but now a lot of servers are filled with trolls... ugh the pain you get when you login to realise that you've been griefed and your house all blown up >:(
Normally seen that in Pay2Win servers..... not really enjoyable unless you're a greedy 10 year old easily amused by getting an unlogically overpowered advantage for donating. Though, i've been considering ideas on dealing with that. Of course, I won't stop people from raiding as long as PvP is allowed in the server. The best thing to do is use common sense in most cases.
gatotsu
are u guys playing mc? everytime i join to server its empty :((
kaetwo

markyzas wrote:

are u guys playing mc? everytime i join to server its empty :((
we're all pretty much busy with life stuff right now i guess
ButteredPotato
1.7.9? Also, 0/100 players? lol
Hans5958
Is it cracked?
xRayne

Hans5958 wrote:

Is it cracked?
(So late) No.
InsaneToe
Sounds fun, I'm in.
Hans5958

xRayne wrote:

Hans5958 wrote:

Is it cracked?
(So late) No.
Then, I can't play to your server, yay
query3
for goodness' sake people, someone play on the server!
i hate playing on servers by myself -.-
repr1se
My client says the server's using an outdated version, rip.
Skitzor
I'll come and play in this server. :)
HazzardFreak
When server will have new map? :3
Flanster

query3 wrote:

for goodness' sake people, someone play on the server!
i hate playing on servers by myself -.-
still no improvement huh? :(
Airee
Hey, I noticed your server-icon.png is ms-paint.
I'm willing to make a nice looking osu!craft logo.
(edit: also your motd is broken, the correct way to add color is \u00a7(color code))
Topic Starter
whymeman
I haven't forgotten about the server. Its just that work has caught up with me to the point I couldn't generate the new map fast enough. Though I managed now to dump enough time within this week to load +1000000 chunks and about 3/4 done loading a 10000 x 10000 (2) area which is the first step before building. I've also taken notes about the mass changes between 1.7.x to 1.8.x in terms of feature functions like in the first few updates into 1.8, the Giant's AI was removed, making them pretty much oversized punching bags. This leaves the server owners/plugin workers having to manually configure an AI from a plugin to make use of them like MythicMobs and other properly functioning plugins. This leaves us in a bit of pressure since with bukkit's takedown incident, the main source of plugins declined greatly as not that many of the primary coders keep up with their stuff anymore. Of course, you can still find them in spigot, but the ones that made the server well functional have already jumped ship. Anyways, i'm also debating on if I should use a floating island spawn, or make a normal one separate from it. Feel free to give me some inputs on that before I start the spawn building plans.

Myko

whymeman wrote:

Anyways, i'm also debating on if I should use a floating island spawn, or make a normal one separate from it. Feel free to give me some inputs on that before I start the spawn building plans.
Eh, it really depends on what kind of server you want to do

if you want to make a faction server (PvP or not), you'd rather want to make it in the continent, so people creating guilds can go into an exploration fast, and find a place for their faction fast as well for its beginnings

if you're gonna make it more solo-oriented, an isolated island as spawn is a good idea, but at least put teleporters or free boats so they can leave and start their adventure!

that's what I think
CreepyExplotion
a premium server or cracked server ? unfortunately if it's premium i can't join your server :(
Topic Starter
whymeman

CreepyExplotion wrote:

a premium server or cracked server ? unfortunately if it's premium i can't join your server :(
Sadly, its Premium only.

Also got some rapid replies about where spawn should be made. I'll consider making spawn normally this time inland once I get everything loaded. Thanks for the fast feedback. If there's any questions you need to ask about the server, you can message me. Till then, stay tuned.
Kitokofox
So I should get on, mentioned I was silenced before, destroy all the forests, and try to repeat it, cheat my body through a block, spam 'pickles', ask for a max enchant pickaxe and hop in lava and ask for it again, dye by ephemeral chickens and ask for it AGAIN, then ask to be mod, and finish it off by saying firetruck. Yep, I'm going to have a fun time. :roll:

(If I'm not really busy, that is)
I'm totally not serious by the way. Muahaha.
troke
make for cracked user please :3
InsaneToe
I personally love the way you made it before. If you were to do that with just more islands would be fantastic!
InsaneToe

-Troke- wrote:

Why not just simply buy the game?
Topic Starter
whymeman

-Troke- wrote:

Sure, if you want Loctav on my ass and removing this topic out of GD then banning me for trying to do so.

(No, i'm not going to make the server cracked nor am I in the mood to fight with him again. I don't want to start a war in GD.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- ( 7 / 28 / 15) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, i've finally completed the first step of preloading well over 1 million chunks @ 9.10 GB. With the final checks, i'll be moving to step two with generating dungeons and custom buildings. As much as it would be nice to save stuff from the old world, it would be much fairer to start everyone fresh. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

InsaneToe

whymeman wrote:

-Troke- wrote:

Sure, if you want Loctav on my ass and removing this topic out of GD then banning me for trying to do so.

(No, i'm not going to make the server cracked nor am I in the mood to fight with him again. I don't want to start a war in GD.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- ( 7 / 28 / 15) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, i've finally completed the first step of preloading well over 1 million chunks @ 9.10 GB. With the final checks, i'll be moving to step two with generating dungeons and custom buildings. As much as it would be nice to save stuff from the old world, it would be much fairer to start everyone fresh. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

ALRIGHT!!! I can't wait! :D This gonna be exciting! ET when it'll be finished?
Topic Starter
whymeman
If I can work nonstop on the dungeons, I can have up to 1500 or more loaded. After that, building spawn.Then there's plugin testing and adjustments, setting up shops, custom items, reworking the "mob bosses" and so on. Might be a while, but I expect to push towards October at earliest if things go well otherwise, I might wait till around December with 1.9 already in showcase to be released soon. Anyways, I just have to hope and pray I don't screw up a 9 GB folder of files to play with cause small errors in a huge cluster of files are nightmares to deal with at this stage.
InsaneToe

whymeman wrote:

If I can work nonstop on the dungeons, I can have up to 1500 or more loaded. After that, building spawn.Then there's plugin testing and adjustments, setting up shops, custom items, reworking the "mob bosses" and so on. Might be a while, but I expect to push towards October at earliest if things go well otherwise, I might wait till around December with 1.9 already in showcase to be released soon. Anyways, I just have to hope and pray I don't screw up a 9 GB folder of files to play with cause small errors in a huge cluster of files are nightmares to deal with at this stage.
Oh well I hope everything goes well. :) I'm excited!
Topic Starter
whymeman
Its been some time since the last news update post. So far, about 330 dungeons have been generated. I went ahead to take a quick look at the results and i'm pretty impressed.

Hope to see some more interesting ones during another inspection. :D

(Note: The dungeon in the first screenshot was too large to fit into the window.)
Granger
Please tell me the ice dungeon is made of packed ice and these dungeons are apporatively themed underground too.

Shimeji detected.
InsaneToe
It's all looking good! I can't wait!
show more