forum

osu!mania 4K World Cup - Map Suggestions!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Shoegazer
Not too sure why most of the posts so far are generally regarding hard maps, there's more than enough hard 4K maps to go around. I'd definitely like to see some easier maps that are tricky to nail and are more unique, there's definitely not quite as much room for creativity in the upper echelons of the game as compared to the lower-end.
Outlaww
Halogen-
might recommend a few maps but dropping in to say the following:

- a balance of easier maps and harder maps should definitely be enforced (massive respect to Shoegazer being a super high level player to make this suggestion)

- there should be a gradient in difficulty from start to end of tournament; group stage having lower levels is a great thing because it weeds out teams/players that are only good at specific things but aren't well balanced

- maps that have SVs as their main component of difficulty absolutely should be added to the map-pool; it takes skill to read through more denser sections and the fact that there was a post saying that they don't reflect skill at all is exceptionally closed-minded in a game where maps with SVs are ranked and have wide score spreads

suggestions coming soon
AncuL

Spy wrote:

You can access the form for your suggestion here!
(Suggestions filled in as a reply to this thread will not be considered - you must use the form.)
dude
EtienneXC
I said barely and I'll admit I'm being biased, but it's just my opinion. I'm fine with having SV heavy maps to spice things up.

Also going to throw in suggestions for maps btw for group stage, finals, etc tomorrow or something.
Halogen-

EtienneXC wrote:

I said barely and I'll admit I'm being biased, but it's just my opinion. I'm fine with having SV heavy maps to spice things up.

Also going to throw in suggestions for maps btw for group stage, finals, etc tomorrow or something.
there you go, haha -- that's better :p

but yeah, I've got a few good suggestions probably for group stages that would make for challenging most players; just gotta run through some stuff I've got
Bad Apple
"totally not suggesting his own map*

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/283727
Tornspirit

Spy wrote:

(Suggestions filled in as a reply to this thread will not be considered - you must use the form.)
Maybe you should bold, enlargen and colour this bright neon green/purple at the top of the thread.
Bobbias
Better yet, the top of every page, since i'd bet there will still be plenty of people who wont even read the first post.
ikzune
what about the possibility of converting a map over or is there a way to manually make a already exisiting o!m map play at say 1.1x the speed, i dont think its nessecary with the amount of beatmaps around but if we want to avoid going into stepmania it could definetly work for 4k to a degree, randomly popping in hi!
[Crz]Player
how about changin this competition as a teevee size acc worldcup?
Tidek
Still better than mash 7*+ powah vibration m8.
BilliumMoto

- Bad Apple - wrote:

"totally not suggesting his own map*

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/283727

ATTan wrote:

i agree!
Kamikaze

ATTan wrote:

+1:30
Shirou
My map :)

kac2012 medley [4K GRAVITY]
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/298178
[ kenon ]

AncuL wrote:

Spy wrote:

You can access the form for your suggestion here!
dude
-Sawell-
Evening

Sawell122 wrote:

thanks for the map suggestion
-Rebecca-

aphixia wrote:

what about the possibility of converting a map over or is there a way to manually make a already exisiting o!m map play at say 1.1x the speed, i dont think its nessecary with the amount of beatmaps around but if we want to avoid going into stepmania it could definetly work for 4k to a degree, randomly popping in hi!

It's pretty darn hard to avoid wandering into SM territory by being in 4k in general. There is so much influence and cross-maps in o!m/SM.

Neutral on the idea though. I think it could pose some good points and bad points. I don't know enough to argue it though.
Bobbias
There's a tool that's supposed to let you speed songs up like that, but I've heard it doesn't work well with mania. Honestly, custom playback rates should really be part of the client anyway.
-Rebecca-

Bobbias wrote:

There's a tool that's supposed to let you speed songs up like that, but I've heard it doesn't work well with mania. Honestly, custom playback rates should really be part of the client anyway.
Agreed on it being a feature at the very least. Some songs I would love to speed up but DT makes it too fast ;-;
troke

ATTang wrote:

i agree
[Crz]Player
yee
Meme
can we remove all holds
-Maus-

Meme wrote:

can we remove all holds
[Crz]Player

Meme wrote:

can we remove all holds
EtienneXC