forum

Streaming tips for high bpm player

posted
Total Posts
show more
Vuelo Eluko

HeiwajimaS wrote:

190 bpm is not really that high bpm as far as I know
Have you tried stop playing high bpms for a while and focusing mainly on the lower ones?
nothing under 240 is high bpm
repr1se

Hydrobubble wrote:

So when I started out osu! I learning streaming by doing high bpm and I don't know if that's good. I've played a good 10 months and I wouldn't say my streams are bad for high bpms like 190 and up but if it's less than 185bpm then I can't do nothing. The thing is when I started playing I was always interested in being fast so that motivated me. Now I have a wall in my way which is low bpm streaming. I can't stream 180bpm and lower because I started out as a fast player and I need help getting control. I have played long stream maps and stream maps for about 3 months already and I still haven't gotten any better. I want to get control because the way how I stream lower bpm's, what happens is I always end up going to fast. I tried several keyboards but it didn't help. I tried pressing a bit harder and that didn't work so I'm kinda stuck. I can't also SS a 5 note stream because in the end of the 5 notes I unexpectedly go fast and that really unmotivates me. I can do long streams I have the aim and stamina but I just can't get the control. Usually when I stream I don't go the desired bpm so I'm kinda stuck on this wall and I need help breaking it.
Play slow maps and tank through them for control. Your head is used to spazzing and going fast. Get the mindset right, and you can control your fingers.
Topic Starter
Hydrobubble

HeiwajimaS wrote:

190 bpm is not really that high bpm as far as I know
Have you tried stop playing high bpms for a while and focusing mainly on the lower ones?
Yeah I actually did try the lower bpms for 3 months straight but nothing is working out :c
winber1
always keep track which finger you started a stream on and in general every four notes emphasize that finger (i.e. press harder), or eight notes. basically always know where the beat is and press accordingly with your finger. later on you won't really have to press harder and it just becomes ingrained in your mind.

you don't have foundations which makes improving harder. sure maybe you can stream 200bpm or a little higher because of muscle memory, and thus you can only do a small range of bpms. you don't have that mind powered clock that rigidifies your stream accuracy. upon learning higher bpm it's just going to be a spamfest, and you'll just be hitting as fast as you can hoping to get 300's, instead of having confidence in such consistency.
Topic Starter
Hydrobubble

winber1 wrote:

always keep track which finger you started a stream on and in general every four notes emphasize that finger (i.e. press harder), or eight notes. basically always know where the beat is and press accordingly with your finger. later on you won't really have to press harder and it just becomes ingrained in your mind.

you don't have foundations which makes improving harder. sure maybe you can stream 200bpm or a little higher because of muscle memory, and thus you can only do a small range of bpms. you don't have that mind powered clock that rigidifies your stream accuracy. upon learning higher bpm it's just going to be a spamfest, and you'll just be hitting as fast as you can hoping to get 300's, instead of having confidence in such consistency.
I start streaming with K1 but I usually play with K2 for single tapping and triples. Also another thing is my keyboard since it's red switches I don't really feel my fingers making contact because I was so used to "streaming" high bpms that when I try lower ones I don't feel my fingers going home. I actually tried pressing harder. It helped a bit but no so much.
winber1
if you are bottoming out then you should feel contact. I use reds too, with o-rings, and I always make contact and bottom out. If i don't bottom out i instantly lose 3000pp of skill. If you generally bottom out and you don't bottom out on "high bpm streams" that just means you can't do those types of streams in the first place because you're half-assing your technique. When i say i can stream 220bpm, I maintain the technique that I've always used and bottom out every single note and I know where the beat is. If you have to forgo technique in order to reach such speeds, you never had that kind of speed down--it's basically just spamming at that point.

and i don't mean press harder on everything. press harder (aka emphasize) the beats of the song (which is usually every fourth or eight note during streams). pressing harder on everything really doesn't do anything
Deva

HK_ wrote:

Play low bpm. Stop bursting every stream. Actually learn to stream. Go back to initial bpm you were playing. Stream properly.
Yuudachi-kun
Don't listen to hk, you can just be like me and low acc 240+ bpm stream dt maps for the pp. Korobushka gave 239
Deva
But what do you do when you are supposed to actually acc them?
Topic Starter
Hydrobubble
I don't really want to use my High bpm streaming for pp because that's just farming. I want to become a HDHR player but first I just have to get control.
Yuudachi-kun

Hydrobubble wrote:

I don't really want to use my High bpm streaming for pp because I can't..
Fixed that for you
Topic Starter
Hydrobubble

Khelly wrote:

Hydrobubble wrote:

I don't really want to use my High bpm streaming for pp because I can't..
Fixed that for you
Yeah and bad mouthing is going to get you? Nothing exactly.
Yuudachi-kun
Somewhere better than you are with that attitude. If you wanted to become HDHR you wouldn't ask for high bpm streaming in the first place.

Well it's only 190 but still
Topic Starter
Hydrobubble

Khelly wrote:

Somewhere better than you are with that attitude. If you wanted to become HDHR you wouldn't ask for high bpm streaming in the first place.
You're the one that said I can't so you can't say I started it.
Yuudachi-kun
I see no reason for you to use that excuse except as a reason to hide the fact that you can't do something. I'm pointing this out for you.
Endaris

Khelly wrote:

If you wanted to become HDHR you wouldn't ask for high bpm streaming in the first place.
That's a good argument.
Most maps are 180bpm or below so you don't need to be capable of 200bpm streaming.

also winber posting useful stuff wtf
Topic Starter
Hydrobubble

Khelly wrote:

I see no reason for you to use that excuse except as a reason to hide the fact that you can't do something. I'm pointing this out for you.
You suggested to be low acc 240+ bpm DT for PP so I don't know what to tell you.
Topic Starter
Hydrobubble

Endaris wrote:

Khelly wrote:

If you wanted to become HDHR you wouldn't ask for high bpm streaming in the first place.
That's a good argument.
Most maps are 180bpm or below so you don't need to be capable of 200bpm streaming.

also winber posting useful stuff wtf
I wasn't asking for advice I high bpms. I had a problem with maintaining lower bpms, maybe you could've seen it if you read the post.
Yuudachi-kun

Hydrobubble wrote:

Khelly wrote:

You suggested to be low acc 240+ bpm DT for PP so I don't know what to tell you.
:thejoke: My point being if you can do something then fucking do it instead of hiding behind "I just don't reveal my true power level" for some e-honour~
Topic Starter
Hydrobubble
Lmao I don't do the true power level stuff for honor. It's not going to to dishonor my famiri. I just want control for 180 and lower but this kb with Red switches I don't feel like it bottoms out if that's what you call it.
Yuudachi-kun
Have you tried actually playing them for a significant amount of time and not just asking people on a forum who can't actually play the game for you?
Topic Starter
Hydrobubble

Khelly wrote:

Have you tried actually playing them for a significant amount of time and not just asking people on a forum who can't actually play the game for you?
3 months straight I've been playing anything 180 or lower. If I recall
Yuudachi-kun
Somehow I feel there's something you're leaving out.
Topic Starter
Hydrobubble

Khelly wrote:

Somehow I feel there's something you're leaving out.
I've been practicing my triples for 3 months too. Is that it or want more?
FieryLight
Trying listening to the music. Try SSing [Hard] level maps. Listen to your hit sounds and try to keep a steady beat that matches the bpm of the music.
dung eater
imo keyboard has less to do with playing lower bpms, you can learn to do them if you practice

3-4 stars are legit for practicing finger control

rather than start from a bit lower than what you can do, go as low as you need to (to be able to move fingers independently) and then increase bpm slowly.

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/48926
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/50169
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/87502

gl hf it takes time, i'm still bad at streams too
winber1
getting impatient and frustrated is how you end up inside a dumpster behind mcdonalds
Topic Starter
Hydrobubble

winber1 wrote:

getting impatient and frustrated is how you end up inside a dumpster behind mcdonalds
True
I Give Up

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

220bpm for 100 notes seems pretty high.
Yuudachi-kun

KukiMonster wrote:

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

220bpm for 100 notes seems pretty high.
It's only high then because of the stamina required to not break.
ZenithPhantasm

winber1 wrote:

Either my eyes are fake or winber just gave legit advice
Team Rocket
I would like to stream under 200bpm but im stuck around 210-250...
Barusamikosu

Team Rocket wrote:

play more
Deva

Barusamikosu wrote:

Team Rocket wrote:

play more
Mash less