forum

my PP lying to me? Rankings or in game?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Maz
Okay so thats a confusing title I know, so I'll explain.

My pp was 1640, then I aced a 4(ish) star map, and i got 16 PP, so now I am at 1656. Yet, on my top ranks page, it said I got 87. What?

Is my rankings over-exxagerating things or is my pp wrong? This has happened plenty of times before. For another map, it said I only got 8 pp from it yet on my rankings page I got 48.
otoed1

Maz wrote:

My pp was 1640, then I aced a 4(ish) star map, and i got 16 PP, so now I am at 1656. Yet, on my top ranks page, it said I got 87. What?

Is my rankings over-exxagerating things or is my pp wrong?
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Pp
pandaBee
The pp of deception.
Mahogany
Nothing you've said is out of the ordinary. In your profile, you can see how much pp a play is worth. In game, you can see how much pp you gained.
Trosk-
I think you should read this.
Topic Starter
Maz

otoed1 wrote:

Maz wrote:

Is my rankings over-exxagerating things or is my pp wrong?
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Pp
If we're talking about weight, the song I just got in my example's weight is 95% (thats why i said 87 pp0. Just linking the wiki doesn't help.
Topic Starter
Maz

Trosk- wrote:

I think you should read this.
Okay, that makes sense. It just confused me. Thanks!
Infevo
Not only is each score weighted but you also lose absolute pp granted for all your scores below that particularly new gained score.
Vali

Maz wrote:

Is my rankings over-exxagerating things or is my pp wrong? This has happened plenty of times before. For another map, it said I only got 8 pp from it yet on my rankings page I got 48.
If Anyone stumbles across this with the same problem I'll just drop this here.

As you know, the amount of pp shown is NOT the amount you will actually get added towards your account.
Ex: Top plays Before new score
100pp - weighted 100% = 100pp
99pp - weighted 95% = 94pp
98pp - weighted 90% = 88pp
Total pp = 282pp
Top pp plays after new score
101pp - weighted 100% = 101pp
100pp - weighted 95% = 95pp
99pp - weighted 90% = 89pp
98pp - weighted 86% = 84pp
Total pp = 369pp
What you expected was for it to add the amount of pp you got from the song.
So with the example it'd be like this. 282pp+101pp(new play)= 383pp
But since it doesn't work directly, that isn't the case. When you get a new play, any score that is below it gets dropped down on the "weighted" list and the amount of pp you get from the play drops. You will never actually "earn" the amount that it shows(unless if it's your only score)
As you can see by the example, 100,99, and 98 were dropped in percentage when the new score arrived.
pandaBee
I wonder why the pp scores are weighted instead of just taking the top x amount of scores and weighing them all fully.
Vali

pandaBee wrote:

I wonder why the pp scores are weighted instead of just taking the top x amount of scores and weighing them all fully.
Agriculture.
Vuelo Eluko
how do people get this misconception about pp this often, it takes very little brain power and thought to figure out why this is so, and why the top player only has 10,000 pp and not 15,000,000