forum

Monster Hunter series - help, showcases, & more!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Ciunek wrote:

Have fun with the powerplant one
C.Brachy? Or what?
Ciunek

Blazevoir wrote:

C.Brachy? Or what?
Meant Raging Brachy, forgot the proper name, just remembered he drops the Immortal Reactor.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Whoops... lol, now -I- got the names mixed up... (Yes, Raging Brachydios is correct, but Critical Brachydios is also right.)
PyaKura
I crafted Teo's SnS... Just... That Slime element...

Explosions 24/7
-Maus-
Teostra is more like Toasterra
Critical Dude

PyaKura wrote:

I crafted Teo's SnS... Just... That Slime element...

Explosions 24/7
I completely gave up on trying to make that weapon... *REGRET REGRET REGRET REGRET*
Sounds a little overpowered, just like that Switch Axe with the Slime element in MH3U. The monsters would be flinching every 10-15 seconds.

~Objective(s)~
My next objective should be to defeat Shin Dalam (Shah Dalamadur) and Grumpy Goggy (Gogmazios) independently.
I hardly ever faint in those battles so the only problem would be time management, they're both easy to hit (until S.Dalam gets ready for the final stage of the battle).

~Wishes~
I hope that the Seregios, Gogmazios, Hypnocatrice, Nargacuga, Lao-Shan Lung, Queen Seltas (along with Seltas), Agnaktor (along with Glacial Agnaktor), Gigginox (not sure its subspecies) and Shogun Ceanataur could make a comeback in Monster Hunter X - Cross.
Hopefully if they were to bring back Lao-chan Lao-Shan Lung they would make a new area to battle him/her in; where it is able to try and destroy the surroundings (purposely) that the monster hunters are trying to use in order to gain an advantage or better opportunity for an attack.

What kind of ticks me off about MHX is the flashiness of certain attacks (or finishers), it seems to be too exaggerated also I have a strong feeling that it will be very distracting (particularly when playing online multiplayer) if it does not get toned down.
-Maus-
^Effects can be set to low, so it's not much of a stutter
Critical Dude

Transformau5 wrote:

I have not heard nor read anything about that, so I find what you said hard to believe.
Unless you meant that as the development continues, they will adjust the brightness/flashiness of the new move sets and finishers.
PyaKura
The game isn't out yet so no idea. I want to believe this flashiness is just overdone for the sake of having a good looking trailer (which I have to say looks definitely super badass). If they tone it down a bit it would be perfect. The only things I'm worried about is the use of these supermoves online and the disruption they can do against teammates, and how often you can use them. As long as they don't erase or modify the current relationship between hunters and monsters I'm fine with it.
-Maus-

Critical Dude wrote:

Transformau5 wrote:

I have not heard nor read anything about that, so I find what you said hard to believe.
Unless you meant that as the development continues, they will adjust the brightness/flashiness of the new move sets and finishers.
I mean that it is already possible in 4 Ultimate, so I believe it will be possible in X as well, if you're too lazy to tamper with the options then okay.
PyaKura
The current option only affects stuff like Flash Bombs' flash and maybe blood effects IIRC. There are hardly any other major VFX aside from those and I don't think the effects you get from buffs or debuffs or the monsters attacks are affected by this option. Judging from what they've shown for MHX my guess is that these new VFX belong to the second category, meaning that if they keep the option the same it won't affect those flashy moves visual.
-Maus-

PyaKura wrote:

The current option only affects stuff like Flash Bombs' flash and maybe blood effects IIRC. There are hardly any other major VFX aside from those and I don't think the effects you get from buffs or debuffs or the monsters attacks are affected by this option. Judging from what they've shown for MHX my guess is that these new VFX belong to the second category, meaning that if they keep the option the same it won't affect those flashy moves visual.

I hope it actually will be modified to affect more effects.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Considering the game would have to be optimized for normal 3DS users, I'm hoping there will be more options.
-Maus-
Triggered

lol jk

Yeah, I hope so as well, I love customizations in everything
PyaKura
I'm thinking about making a Hame set for relic farming purposes... I'll probably feel guilty doing so, but errr... There are times I just don't want to deal with potential triple carts when doing level 140 GQs. I'm a blademaster at heart and this will be the first time I'll be using a Bowgun seriously, though not properly.
-Maus-

PyaKura wrote:

I'm thinking about making a Hame set for relic farming purposes... I'll probably feel guilty doing so, but errr... There are times I just don't want to deal with potential triple carts when doing level 140 GQs. I'm a blademaster at heart and this will be the first time I'll be using a Bowgun seriously, though not properly.
I've been using HBG all the time
I bought a Switch Axe and made a Melee set but I didn't even use them
rip
Critical Dude
HBG was the thing in MHFU (especially against that f**king Gravy~ios)

Blademaster all the way!
You're a true blademaster if you don't rely on traps :]
PyaKura
Hame is not really playing HBG lol
I don't intend to use it anywhere else apart from Hame runs.
-Maus-

Critical Dude wrote:

HBG was the thing in MHFU (especially against that f**king Gravy~ios)

Blademaster all the way!
You're a true blademaster if you don't really on traps :]
[bait]You're truly an English speaker if you can tell the difference between "really" and "rely"[/bait]

On topic, the July DLC is coming tomorrow, we'll also get the possibility to get the USJ Star Knight sets on July 17th.

Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Don't really care much for the USJ stuff since the skills they have are irrelevant to me, but holy shit. About time @ G Rank Gold/Silver Rath.
PyaKura
Star Knight soon ? Fuck. I don't want that, everyfuckingbody is going to be running this set as it is insanely overpowered :/

Also Monster Hunter tourney at Nintendo's booth at Japan Expo Paris. 2 men teams competing against each other to kill a Kut Ku, a Kecha, and a S.Zin for the finals. Knowing how the competitors played yesterday I'm positive I can crush them with my mate lol (went as far a 1 minute less than yesterday's shortest times in our mock runs)
-Maus-

PyaKura wrote:

Star Knight soon ? Fuck. I don't want that, everyfuckingbody is going to be running this set as it is insanely overpowered :/

Also Monster Hunter tourney at Nintendo's booth at Japan Expo Paris. 2 men teams competing against each other to kill a Kut Ku, a Kecha, and a S.Zin for the finals. Knowing how the competitors played yesterday I'm positive I can crush them with my mate lol (went as far a 1 minute less than yesterday's shortest times in our mock runs)
Given that you and your mate are better than 98% French players I've seen, I'm positive about this lol
PyaKura
Hame set is retarded, I easily get less than 5 minutes clears on stuff like Advanced: Dark Domination with 4 players xD.
Siege Mode, fire away all day long, gg

Edit : fastest clear time so far 2:25

Those skills + Gravios Gigacannon

Tried against a village low rank Rathian, it took me waaaaaaay longer to walk up to her than to beat her up to death xD
-Maus-
But that's what Hame is for apparently
Critical Dude
OP Hunters do not sound fun to me, unless we're trolling. Serious quests should feel challenging and engaging.
PyaKura
Gotta clear those episodic quests at some point. There are a few interesting stuff in there.
PyaKura
Those custom Hr999 quests are pissing me off real bad. I mean what is the fucking point of getting Hr999 in less than a minute if you don't have the gear nor the skills (nor both) to back the rank up? All it does is make you look like a fucktard who cheats and ruins the fun for everyone else. What's sad is that even innoncent players get involved in this and get Hr999 without willing to because they were not aware of those custom quests. Same goes for people who hacks their gamesaves and/or unlock DLCs before their official release (Star Knight anyone ? It should be unlocked tomorrow, and despite this a lot AND I MEAN A LOT already owns it. I mean sure, there are a few people who got the Star Knight quest legit by going to Japan and hosted it for other players, but the rest definitely have hacked the quest).

edit : on the bright side, unrelated but I got an attack 13 tenderizer 4 charm, crafted two more GS Sets with it, and made a HH Set with a Maestro 10 2 slots charm I had for a long time but never got the chance to use
Azure_Kite
Star Knight got so much attention because at the time it was exclusive to USJ tourists. There was no saying whether it was going to be released to the Western Audience, and given its appearance at Universal Studios, people were thinking it was more than likely going to be an exclusive to the locale. While that is certainly no excuse it is definitely one of the main reasons people flocked trying to get it, even moreso the fact that its mounting stats are pretty up there for an IG player. Sadly, the means of getting those missions wasn't even really a hack so much as it was an oversight of Monster Hunter's distribution servers. Thankfully it did get fixed after it was discovered, but Reddit had guides on the process working for at least a couple of weeks before the hole was closed.

My stance on the matter is that if you're not ruining others' gameplay (read: playing solo with it after you're already G3) that's alright, as long as you accept that any repercussions are on you, including any bans that may or may not come about as a result of gaming the system. If you're going to be using it online when there is absolutely no doubt you're cheating, begone with ye.

Congrats on the charm; I assume it has 2/3 slots?
-Maus-
Is it even possible to get banned on nintendo games
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Yes, but I'd rather not discuss that.
-Maus-
Why? :F
PyaKura

Azure_Kite wrote:

Star Knight got so much attention because at the time it was exclusive to USJ tourists. There was no saying whether it was going to be released to the Western Audience, and given its appearance at Universal Studios, people were thinking it was more than likely going to be an exclusive to the locale. While that is certainly no excuse it is definitely one of the main reasons people flocked trying to get it, even moreso the fact that its mounting stats are pretty up there for an IG player. Sadly, the means of getting those missions wasn't even really a hack so much as it was an oversight of Monster Hunter's distribution servers. Thankfully it did get fixed after it was discovered, but Reddit had guides on the process working for at least a couple of weeks before the hole was closed.

My stance on the matter is that if you're not ruining others' gameplay (read: playing solo with it after you're already G3) that's alright, as long as you accept that any repercussions are on you, including any bans that may or may not come about as a result of gaming the system. If you're going to be using it online when there is absolutely no doubt you're cheating, begone with ye.

Congrats on the charm; I assume it has 2/3 slots?
I don't mind people using cheated stuff offline to try things out or simply for fun but they shouldn't bring this stuff online just for the sake of showing off because they know noone else will get what they have (ever or not at the moment because locked or whatever).

As for the charm unfortunately no slots but still good enough to upgrade my old GS set with an AuM and Weakness Exploit (no Au at all before) at the price of Sheath Control and Divine Blessing which is worth it imo.

So yeah with this I have
AuM
Weakness Exploit
Focus
Sharpness+1
Crit Draw

Which makes for a pretty solid GS set.
Critical Dude
Better than watching the annoying stream so here you go guys.
PyaKura
What's it about the embedded video won't show up 'cause China.
Azure_Kite
MHX gameplay stream breakdown.

- Four villages, three old, one new.
- Those sheepy animals are called Moofas(?). Petting them can give an item.
- Red quest/conversation icons, different from MH4/U yellow quest icons. May differentiate between Key/Standard quests or conversations, who knows.
- When playing Online, text in the bottom right corner of the screen will state as such in the village.
- Hot air balloons will be used to take the Hunters to various locations for quests.
- Prehistoric Forest showcase
- Aerial Combat Style show-off. 4 different Combat Styles are applicable for all 14 weapon types.
- Dinobarudo showcase. Seems pretty aggressive with a lot of sweeping tail attacks and fiery spin attacks.
- Special attacks fill up a bar on the touch screen, when the bar is full, the attack can be used.
- Gunlance UI has changed, a coloured bar shows charge level and a number shows how many shots are left.
- Great Macau showcase. Great Jaggi equivalent, like a tail-hopping (pogo-stick) dinosaur.
- Shock trap appearance changed.
- Mounting is coming back
- Insect Glaive seems to have a new move which attracts bugs. The IG was made with Ludroth stuff, so he may return.
- Misty Peaks demonstration. Nargacuga is coming back. Lance super skill is showcased. It's demonstrated that super skills may be interruptable. So yay for trips wrecking crazy damage opportunities.
- Release Date for JP is November 28th, 2015. No Western release date.
- from the 1st of August to 7th August, there will be two weapon showcases daily, demonstrating all the new features.

I may have missed a few things, but that's the general gist of it.
PyaKura
Wow thanks for the breakdown ! As expected they made the new super skills rely on some sort of resource bar, that's a relief. About the GL my guess is they reworked it so it relies less on shell levels and more on actual weapon power, if they did so then it's great.
Also what do you mean by "a new move which attracts bugs" ? Neopterons or ?

Anyways, I sure hope Capcom is considering a western release for MHX after MH4U's success.
Azure_Kite

PyaKura wrote:

I think the idea is moreso to get other bugs to give you/extend buffs. Not Neopterons, just small insects from what I can see.
Critical Dude

Azure_Kite wrote:

PyaKura wrote:

I think the idea is moreso to get other bugs to give you/extend buffs. Not Neopterons, just small insects from what I can see.
Just think of Fulgur bugs or the bugs that popped up around the Tower in MHFU.

They better bring back Steve with better agility and more moves.
-Maus-
Give me anything more for the HBG and I'll say goodbye to my money
PyaKura
There's that one huge fireball it fires in the ice cave in the MHX trailer.
show more