forum

DragonForce - Cry Thunder

posted
Total Posts
show more
Spaghetti
At this point I'd just map the break out. That's what I ended up having to do for my map because drain was 4:57 as well. :cry:
ziin

Jenny wrote:

no diffs may end significantly early
I can't find that rule.

Mapping the break is the worst thing you could do in this situation.
Topic Starter
Jenny

ziin wrote:

Jenny wrote:

no diffs may end significantly early
I can't find that rule.

Mapping the break is the worst thing you could do in this situation.
Frankly speaking, last time I asked/was in contact with something like that is over a year ago, so maybe it changed - will go poke a QAT about it, if I so manage to catch one online;

and yes, I agree - mapping the break would result in a big loss of atmospheric value, but it's probably a lot easier to do than get another 6 diffs and get mods for them, which is sad but that's where we are, hence me contesting the disqualification :/
Both of these "options" suck ass.

Fittingness and quality are supposed to come first.
silmarilen
If quality was the first concern then the whole marathon rule wouldn't exist in the first place.
Zare
I want old approval back
goold old 2012
Spaghetti
If they we're to shorten the approval time, there would be so many approved maps since people wouldn't want to map a full set. I think the 5 minute bar is fine.

Tbh you probably should've figured out what the drain time would average out to be before you started mapping.
Delk
There are so many approval maps that have less than 5:00 drain, including jenny's fallen world, airman (it has a ranked tho), Big Black, Pony etc
Aka

Delk wrote:

There are so many approval maps that have less than 5:00 drain, including jenny's fallen world, airman (it has a ranked tho), Big Black, Pony etc
which were ranked years ago, rules are changing yknow
Delk

Aka wrote:

Delk wrote:

which were ranked years ago, rules are changing yknow
Now that I noticed it I am sorry for what I said. I know why it has to be 5:00 and 4:58 cant be forgiven. Because then someone will post an approval 4:55 map and ask for the same, and so on....
Kinshara
Jenny... approving a 5:00 minute map is not really a "quality" issue but more of an "adhering by the rules" issue. So, I would suggest that you don't give yourself and others further headache and just map the break.

Good luck.
Topic Starter
Jenny

Kinshara wrote:

Jenny... approving a 5:00 minute map is not really a "quality" issue but more of an "adhering by the rules" issue. So, I would suggest that you don't give yourself and others further headache and just map the break.

Good luck.
Which then results in compromising fittingness with the song for the sheer sake of a three second edge case, in a rhythm game I may add, whose goal is supposedly to go with the song as well as possible, hence rhythm.

Also, still no reaction by the QAT.
Kinshara
While that is true, I don't see how mapping the break will ruin the map and/or song. Could you please elaborate?

In my opinion, the break can be mapped decently without any loss of quality, but perhaps, I am mistaken.

Also, if your contestation is still pending, Loctav said to contact him (according to his reply on ask.fm).
Spaghetti
The rules are rules, there's no way around it besides sacrificing the break. I highly doubt the QAT will even consider your case knowing what can happen to other maps if they let this one slide. They're already having a hard time with unrelated BG's after letting 7 -seven- slide.
Topic Starter
Jenny
Drain time is now 5:11 - considering to make the slowpart's sliders 0.09-0.13x instead though, to make it even more of a hold-y feeling rather than a very slow slide.
Avena
May the QATs be in our favor.
Bubble #1
Spaghetti
That break seems so lazily mapped :< you should map to the vocals and chimes in the background.
Ohrami
just leave it unrankable instead of making it gei
Rickput
Now this has no breaks. True marathon needs no breaks ;)
TicClick
love over takes, love over takes
Kyubey
Topic Starter
Jenny
I still kinda wish I could have gotten a reaction by the QAT.
Zare
the new system doesnt encourage communication u should have realized that by now
Topic Starter
Jenny
Me realising that on the day they announced it doesn't mean it shouldn't be talked about.
Kami Kun

Kyubey wrote:

Neil Watts wrote:

and there's still no marathon map ranked below 5:00 since 2007.
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/101317
4:59:999 draintime
I wonder why wasn't it DQed.

Man, i gotta love Kyubey so much. What a god.
Yuii-
Where are you handsome? aaa
Sieg
alright
Taeyang
YEAHH!!! CRY THUNDERRRRRR
hehe
oops lol
pkk

handsome wrote:

lol
gz
Spaghetti
noice noice
Kami Kun
gratz
wendao
regratz
moya
gratz
moya
I'm super late LMAO
schwarzvgrune
congratulations <3 o(≧v≦)o~~
Nakano Itsuki
Congrats on full rank \:D/
Topic Starter
Jenny
It's locked in now :p
Mismagius
good job, hope to see more colours of this BG soon :p
Topic Starter
Jenny
Heal my hands and maybe we can arrange something next year.
Litharrale
Gratz! Another addition to the dragonforce bg club
show more