forum

[resolved] Question about macros and a like.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Meatwaffle
Is it allowed to use autohotkey for osu? The problem for me is that I click faster with 2 pair of fingers than the other 2 pair of fingers, so for slow bpms, ill be using a different pair of fingers than if im playing faster bpms. Is it allowed to use macros for this? 3 key playing is probably looked upon as not allowed, but ill actually never use 3 key, its possible of course. Im just gonna ask anyhow, is it allowed?

Thanks!
ziin
First off, 2 pair of fingers is 4 fingers, so it's pretty hard to figure it out what you're saying.

This falls into one of those gray areas. In my opinion, it's fine. Also, 3 fingers are very hard to use due to the 2 key limitation in standard (only 2 buttons can be pressed at the same time, even though you have 4 buttons available to press), so even if you did learn how to play with 3 fingers, it's very unlikely that you'd be any good and 2 fingers are likely going to be better.

When I switched from ring+middle finger to index+middle thought my streaming speed increased dramatically because your ring finger and middle finger share the same tendon.

If you have to ask if something is considered cheating, and you have to use an external program to achieve that effect, it probably is
while the rules have this to say about macros, it's important to note that you can purchase a keyboard with a mouse key fairly easily.

The macros that aren't ok are the ones which constantly hit in time or the ones that play the game for you and remove the human element.
Topic Starter
Meatwaffle

ziin wrote:

First off, 2 pair of fingers is 4 fingers, so it's pretty hard to figure it out what you're saying.

This falls into one of those gray areas. In my opinion, it's fine. Also, 3 fingers are very hard to use due to the 2 key limitation in standard (only 2 buttons can be pressed at the same time, even though you have 4 buttons available to press), so even if you did learn how to play with 3 fingers, it's very unlikely that you'd be any good and 2 fingers are likely going to be better.

When I switched from ring+middle finger to index+middle thought my streaming speed increased dramatically because your ring finger and middle finger share the same tendon.

If you have to ask if something is considered cheating, and you have to use an external program to achieve that effect, it probably is
while the rules have this to say about macros, it's important to note that you can purchase a keyboard with a mouse key fairly easily.

The macros that aren't ok are the ones which constantly hit in time or the ones that play the game for you and remove the human element.
My main finger is the index finger, and i pair it up with ring finger and long finger depending on bpm... Thats what i mean with 2 pairs :) Im not gonna play with 3 fingers, im just trying to be able not to go switch in options all the time, 3 keys would probably be pretty hard yes indeed.

Can any admins approve or disprove this?^ty
Trosk-
Well, take a look at this thread. What you are saying is almost the same, I guess.

Also, I'm gonna leave this here:

Rules wrote:

If you have to ask if something is considered cheating, and you have to use an external program to achieve that effect, it probably is.
VeilStar
Just don't do it.