forum

Auto-downloader for Bloodcat (osu! beatmap mirror)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Aistify

RavenMac wrote:

I've been looking at the GUI builder in NetBeans. I'm currently working on a semester long group project for my class and learned how to use it properly. I already have a program running just like this one in Java, but I've been busy with so many things.

I will take a look at this though. It looks quite interesting. Thanks :D
;o Good luck with your school work
felicitousname
If you've already got working code in python, I suggest that you take a look at pyqt or pyside.
Topic Starter
RavenMac

felicitousname wrote:

If you've already got working code in python, I suggest that you take a look at pyqt or pyside.
I know getting it to work in a GUI isn't hard, but i want to make it so that nobody will need to download anything before using it.
Virtually everybody has Java and that's why i'm trying to work more toward it.
Python is great, but people need to get the right stuff for it to run. Unless there's something i'm missing...
Howl

RavenMac wrote:

Python is great, but people need to get the right stuff for it to run. Unless there's something i'm missing...
You ARE missing something. http://www.py2exe.org/
ovnz
Topic Starter
RavenMac

Ovnize wrote:

I god an error http://0vn.eu/7k4rr.jpg
Aww man. Not another indent error... I swear I've fixed this a couple times now.

Are you using the most current version? I've had problems with MediaFire in the past that caused this issue. I've switched over to pastebin now.
I assume you're using the correct version of python for the code or else it would have given a different error.

Besides those two, I should look into what Howl said earlier and just make it into an exe and just submit the source code.
ovnz
I'm using the most current version of both your script and python ^,^`
And yeah, I agree with that
Lem
Hey, I wanted to ask if there was some way to get the program to only download ranked maps?
Topic Starter
RavenMac

Lemmy57 wrote:

Hey, I wanted to ask if there was some way to get the program to only download ranked maps?
At the moment, there isn't. I'm planning on making the GUI version probably some time in December and that will have several options such as downloading ranked or approved maps.

I've gotta finish my college project before playing with anything else. This thing is worth 70% of my grade so it's just a little more important.
Lem

RavenMac wrote:

Lemmy57 wrote:

At the moment, there isn't. I'm planning on making the GUI version probably some time in December and that will have several options such as downloading ranked or approved maps.

I've gotta finish my college project before playing with anything else. This thing is worth 70% of my grade so it's just a little more important.
Ok, no problem! I can wait until then. After all this is just clicking some circles to pass the time.
Topic Starter
RavenMac
Done with classes! I'm fairly certain i passed, but can't be sure until grades are posted.
I've learned quite a bit with NetBeans over the past couple weeks so i'm certain i can get this working.
I have just a plain command window java version working right now. Works almost exactly like the python version.
However i can add options to a GUI program much easier than command window versions.

Here's what i have as for the options:
Download location (where it's saving the files)
Song title format (ASCII or Unicode)
Illegal characters replaced with (unicode equivalent or underscore or maybe a custom one)
(\/:"*?<>| or _)
Number of pages checked (10 songs per page; no upper limit)
Number of threads (simultaneous downloads; up to 4)
Status filter (ranked, approved, unranked, etc.)
Genre filter (video games, anime, rock, etc.; genre set for songs may not be accurate)
Mode filter (Standard, taiko, CTB, mania)
Search popular songs (I would have to add filters manually)

I remember seeing updating songs as one request. I'm fairly certain i can get this to work. Check download folder for already downloaded songs and search for their numbers or somethin like that.
One option that i've been thinking of is download from a certain date. Sometimes i don't have my downloader running after a reset or someting, so i check for the date the last song was created and start downloading from that date.

Let me know if there are any other options you'd like added.
Sythini
Program worked fine a few days ago but now I only seem to get this error every time i start it up.
Topic Starter
RavenMac

Sythini wrote:

Program worked fine a few days ago but now I only seem to get this error every time i start it up.
I've just tested both versions 2.7 ans 3.4. They are both working on my end.
What i think happened was that the site bloodcat.com was down for a little bit.
It happens from time to time. Go ahead and try again and let me know if it's working. :)
Sythini

RavenMac wrote:

Sythini wrote:

I've just tested both versions 2.7 ans 3.4. They are both working on my end.
What i think happened was that the site bloodcat.com was down for a little bit.
It happens from time to time. Go ahead and try again and let me know if it's working. :)
Thanks seems to work fine now :)

Any news about an upcoming update as I saw you talking about it a few posts back.
Topic Starter
RavenMac

Sythini wrote:

Thanks seems to work fine now :)

Any news about an upcoming update as I saw you talking about it a few posts back.
From time to time bloodcat goes offline, so if there is another error such as this the program tries 5 times, then tries again every 5 minutes.

The new version, I've been preoccupied with other stuff; Not a lot of it is all that important.
I usually work on it when i'm in the mood, if that makes any sense. Programming is kinda boring, but can be challenging at times.
At the moment, i can get the program to work, but the GUI won't update as it does things.
I think i know how to fix this, but again doing other things.

And on top of all that, I'm looking for a job that isn't fast food.
SHADOWCRI
hi i downloaded the program but this program download all map ranked not ranked ..... if i want to download only ranked map how i can ?
Topic Starter
RavenMac
The program was designed to download every new map available on bloodcat.
There would be a bit more to add to the code to only check for ranked maps.

I know i was saying i was working on a java version.
I have no real reason why i haven't finished it.
I am thinking instead of doing it in C++ to get myself familiarized with the language again,
but with osu not having a limit on how often you can download maps this program is somewhat obsolete.

I would be better off requesting an API key from peppy and working straight from this site than using bloodcat.
I would probably never get an approved key if i kept using Python or if i did it in java, because needing the key
to work with the site needs to be in the code somewhere or the program needs to get it somehow.
At least from what i understand...
Pakemania
Nice program! Much appreciated :)

-Pake
Topic Starter
RavenMac

Pakemania wrote:

Nice program! Much appreciated :)

-Pake
Thanks. It was a nice little thing to work on.
SHADOWCRI

RavenMac wrote:

The program was designed to download every new map available on bloodcat.
There would be a bit more to add to the code to only check for ranked maps.

I know i was saying i was working on a java version.
I have no real reason why i haven't finished it.
I am thinking instead of doing it in C++ to get myself familiarized with the language again,
but with osu not having a limit on how often you can download maps this program is somewhat obsolete.

I would be better off requesting an API key from peppy and working straight from this site than using bloodcat.
I would probably never get an approved key if i kept using Python or if i did it in java, because needing the key
to work with the site needs to be in the code somewhere or the program needs to get it somehow.
At least from what i understand...

i have edited the program to fix for me the problem but i want to share because use this program is fantastic and with this edit i love completely the program
(the edit is a re-write of the link how this program download the song )
bloodcat.com/osu/?mod=json&p=/?q=&m=b&c=3&g=&d=&s=date&o=0/ this link download only the ranked/approved map it's easy to edit with other preferences

bloodcat.com/osu/?mod=json&p=/xxxxxxxx the x contain the preferences is generated after you have selected the preferences on bloodcate for example

bloodcat.com/osu/xxxxxxxx if you paste this x on the final parts of the link on the program you can download the song with preferences

sorry for the bad english :(

I hope you enjoy this guide if the creator does not want it I will remove the comment
Topic Starter
RavenMac
Glad this is still helping people out.
I may have some free time soon to work on the Java / C++ version, and i had already planned on adding this feature.
SHADOWCRI

RavenMac wrote:

Glad this is still helping people out.
I may have some free time soon to work on the Java / C++ version, and i had already planned on adding this feature.
I would like to help but to java and C ++ do not know anything that works on sites online because I'm a student and I am still studying yet these programming languages,probably next year I will be able to create programs like these :D
Topic Starter
RavenMac
I got a PM a little bit ago about my program not working. This is because bloodcat had changed a few things with the json formatting and things went missing.

I have updated the program but the only draw back i noticed was there is no set amount to songs per page. I have been getting anywhere from 50 - 61 songs per page instead of the 20 like before. The program also stores the recent files differently and will need to replace the Recent.json file. If the program throws an error about the file being used, either rename the file to something else or delete it.

If any more problems come up, let me know.