forum

[Archived] Issues with Latest Cutting-edge Build (Post Here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Tom94
Might be connected to hardware overheating / having a too high clock. Have you tried setting the framelimiter to something else than unlimited?
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Attempt to fix null reference during cursor trail draw. (Tom94)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150620cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
Ciuriya
Small issue with toggleable DT in replays, if I toggle DT off and switch it to 0.5x playback and back to 1x, the replay is playing with DT but DT isn't toggled.
Trosk-

Smc wrote:

Small issue with toggleable DT in replays, if I toggle DT off and switch it to 0.5x playback and back to 1x, the replay is playing with DT but DT isn't toggled.
Same happens to me. I think it's confirmed.
Bara-

Smc wrote:

Same thing with HT
VeilStar
Not sure if there's anything that can be done about this on osu!'s end, but it's been going on for a while and doesn't happen in stable.
Probably related to p/4091418
Crash upon closing Dxtory after osu! has been minimized to the tray for a long period of time.
Application: osu!.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 62E5416C

Faulting application name: osu!.exe, version: 1.3.3.7, time stamp: 0x5589b04b
Faulting module name: OPENGL32.DLL, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bdadb
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000416c
Faulting process id: 0x4ac
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0ae3f541d384d
Faulting application path: D:\Games\Osu!\osu!.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\OPENGL32.DLL
Report Id: b74daa59-1a62-11e5-96ba-6c626d45738a
MegaApple_Pi
:idea: ?
  1. watch a replay (or use auto)
  2. (at any moment) then press [5] (or [7] or [8] or [9] ([6] and [0] won't work because it plays at x1...)
  3. then quickly press [esc] (or some key to leave the replay)...
  4. voila, music playing at the speed of fastforward.
It could be stuck in this state even upon changing beatmaps, if your quick enough to press [left] or [right]
After a second or two... it fixes itself upon changing beatmaps. NOT leaving to menu.
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix replay playback speeds conflicting with each other. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150624.2cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
Topic Starter
TheVileOne

123MegaApple123 wrote:

:idea: ?
  1. watch a replay (or use auto)
  2. (at any moment) then press [5] (or [7] or [8] or [9] ([6] and [0] won't work because it plays at x1...)
  3. then quickly press [esc] (or some key to leave the replay)...
  4. voila, music playing at the speed of fastforward.
It could be stuck in this state even upon changing beatmaps, if your quick enough to press [left] or [right]
After a second or two... it fixes itself upon changing beatmaps. NOT leaving to menu.
Audio rate changing via number keys is still experimental. Don't expect it to work right.
VeilStar
More of a very minor imperfection but the default 'back' button aswell as the 'yellow warning bar' go 1 pixel too far out of the screen area.
Only visible when using letterboxing.

Trosk-

VeilStar wrote:

More of a very minor imperfection but the default 'back' button aswell as the 'yellow warning bar' go 1 pixel too far out of the screen area.
Only visible when using letterboxing.
What resolution are you using? Doesn't happen for me on 1440x900 (Maybe it has been fixed already)
VeilStar

Trosk- wrote:

What resolution are you using?
Trosk-

VeilStar wrote:

Trosk- wrote:

What resolution are you using?
Well, it's not happening for me on that resolution neither. I guess it got fixed on the last update.

Nvm... It's still happening.

CakeAndBanana
Problem Details:
It might be a bug but if you load a map and press esc instant when you started loading your status bar will disappear

osu! version: 20150626.1cuttingedge
Trosk-
Ok, this is an actual bug. I guess it's confirmed. Since it is a Cutting Edge bug problem, you should have posted it here. Please take care of that next time. Don't repost it since a Mod can merge it to the other thread, I guess.

Maeglwn
not sure if this is confirmed already, but when clicking on the ignore list and highlight list box, it doesn't interact like a normal text box; the text line will start at where the last word ended regardless of where you click on in the text box

there's also no flashy line thing that tells you where your typing begins anymore either
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
Text boxes have never allowed you to seek to a specific part of the text.
Maeglwn

TheVileOne wrote:

Text boxes have never allowed you to seek to a specific part of the text.
they DEFINITELY were able to. I was able to before some time ago
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
I just checked stable release and it has the same behaviour as cutting edge. How long ago were you able to do this?
Diony
Testing Tag Coop with Veilstar, and when you pick a Tag colour and start the match, my client full out crashes while Veil's starts to incorrectly render sliders. Making them white. As shown
Tested with default skin and my skin on my client. Always crashes unless I leave the Tag Color as Defualt.
321jurgen
Problem Details:
If I'm in fullscreen and I open up my friends with f9 my cursor dissapears.

osu! version: b20150627.3cuttingedge
Trosk-

321jurgen wrote:

Problem Details:

osu! version: b20150627.3cuttingedge
When you open the user list, the skin cursor is replaced by the Windows Cursor. It should show up.
Pampel

321jurgen wrote:

Problem Details:
Do you happen to have set the Windows cursor trail to -1? That's what caused it when the same happened to me some months ago.

(Setting your cursor trail to to -1 prevents f.lux from making your cursor blue, in case anyone is wondering.)
321jurgen

Pampel wrote:

321jurgen wrote:

Problem Details:
Do you happen to have set the Windows cursor trail to -1? That's what caused it when the same happened to some months ago.

(Setting your cursor trail to to -1 prevents f.lux from making your cursor blue, in case anyone is wondering.)
Yes I do. That's probably the problem. I guess I'll just have to get used to not having a cursor than xD
CakeAndBanana
Problem Details:
2 Problems,
If you make a screenshot with F12+Shift (Upload) than you are not getting a picture but a empty space (In chrome) and in my waterfox it is saying that it is making errors :o
The Changelog menu was or is bugged.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
http://puu.sh/iFAId/7707cdecd1.jpg

osu! version: 20150628.1cuttingedge
VeilStar

CakeAndBanana wrote:

If you make a screenshot with F12+Shift (Upload) than you are not getting a picture but a empty space
This is a temporary web issue. It's not cutting-edge specific.

CakeAndBanana wrote:

Do you mean this? p/4121624
Shizuyi

VeilStar wrote:

CakeAndBanana wrote:

I still have this issue.
VeilStar

Shizuyi wrote:

I still have this issue.
Well yeah. It's listed in the OP for a reason.
Hadis
So I found a bug and was able to reproduce ~15 times it until I restarted osu.

As you can see in this screenshot, the "Online Users" button is visible.
And that's how I replicated it:
1. open the "Online Users" screen(doesn't matter if you do it in the main menu or with a key.)
2. close it with the "Hide Chat"(!!!) button.
3. go into song select and type something to filter your beatmaps
4. press backspace and hold it down until the text is gone and "Online Users" appears. (It takes ~0.1 seconds after you deleted all the text.)

Can someone of you guys reproduce it?

Edit: I reproduced it again but this time I didn't have to use "Hide Chat".
Trosk-

hadis1000 wrote:

Can someone of you guys reproduce it?

Edit: I reproduced it again but this time I didn't have to use "Hide Chat".
I can't... I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but I followed your steps and I didn't get it.
sarnex
Hi.

On latest cutting edge, osu! is making invalid GL API calls with glScissor by giving it a negative height.

Here is an apitrace of this issue, it happens when gameplay starts: https://idontevenlift.no-ip.org/osu!.trace

Here is an example error.

2252305: message: major api error 2: GL_INVALID_VALUE in glScissor
2252305 @0 glScissor(x = 0, y = 0, width = 185, height = -266)
2252305: warning: glGetError(glScissor) = GL_INVALID_VALUE

Thanks,
sarnex
CakeAndBanana

VeilStar wrote:

Not that one, it was all bold and the text was bigger than the change log screen, so it went out of the box D:
Maeglwn

TheVileOne wrote:

I just checked stable release and it has the same behaviour as cutting edge. How long ago were you able to do this?
I guess like 3 months ago or so now now that I think about it, I haven't edited my HLs in quite some time
Piine
Seems like the CE Build's Recent Changes log is broken.

Trosk-

Sulker wrote:

Seems like the CE Build's Recent Changes log is broken.

I believe that this has been reported before.
I guess it has problems with some resolutions, mine are showing, but as you can see, some text are clipped. Using 1440x900 in my case.

Piine
Yeah I can guess seeing when I turned Letterboxing on, it showed
Quichey

(stupid video)

Reproduce:

Press your quick-retry bind and alt-tab while the command attempts to retry.
My quick-bind key is ` if that is ever useful.
Cutting-edge mode.
Trosk-
This happened to me the other day but didn't posted it because I don't know how to replicate it, but now it's the second time I get this, so I decided to post it. I have searched for cases like this and didn't find anything. I'm sorry if this is already known.

Like you can see, the user box in the bottom gets stuck on grey, like if you were selecting it (even though that box should be in grey even if you click it)

Going back to main menu fix this problem.

And like I said earlier I don't know how to replicate this yet, I will edit the post if I find a way.

VeilStar

Quiesce wrote:

wrong forum... man. could a mod move?

abraker wrote:

This actually belongs in the cutting-edge thread. While we are waiting for a mod...

It's a known issue. Though I couldn't find the thread (queue the thread hunt), I did find a reference to the bug in this post: p/4154055
Merged to the Cutting-edge thread. Anyhow, I can replicate this. And happened to break shit while doing so.

Edit: Removed both of your posts to avoid clutter.
ruruxz
Problem Details:
When spectating someone or watching a replay.
If you try to disable flashlight it gives an error and sometimes crashes.

osu! version: 20150629cuttingedge
show more