forum

Kantai Collection

posted
Total Posts
show more
Jugment
ey o/
As someone who is new to the game and has like no buckets when should I start saving up for the event?
Nub1

Jugment wrote:

when should I start saving up for the event?
from now, better than too late I guess xD
CXu
Focus on getting 2-3 of every ship type in the game (preferrably more for some types like bb or cv), and leveling them to a decent level. In general, starting to save resources around when it's announced, or a little before should be fine, especially if your ships are ready, since you'llsave a lot of resources (and sanity) by not having your ships rekt or shiplocked.

As for buckets, you can just keep doing exp. 2 for them, and you'll have a decent amount by the event. Also having a lot of resources wont help if your ships are underleveled, so def. Focus on that.
Nub1
I didnt know about exp 2, thanks CXu

<-gathering all the buckets from dailies, lol.
CXu
If you're in need of buckets, say, during an event, you can use exp. 4 as well, but just running exp 2 will give you an average of 1 bucket every hour, so yeah.
Exw
Wow, I didn't know there's kancolle thread here ;_;

I'm trying to complete 5-3 btw, what's the best composition for clearing the map? I've got the first kill with 2FBB 2CA 2DD. Is that strong enough for the last kill? (FBB and CA using the double attack setup btw)
CXu
Dunno. I just prayed to RNG-sama.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo5vS3utiVQ
Exw
ahahahah, okay then
thanks CXu
Suzuki-Kanade
How to grind your DD/CL? Also what's the best composition for it? You know, sometimes 4-3 is quite a pain in the ass.
CXu
If you're above hq lvl 80, probably 4-3, or bringing them along on 3-2 while leveling a BB for them to leech.
For 4-3 I use Flag DD/CL, BB, 2CVL, 2CLT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_IQMxUc340
Suzuki-Kanade

CXu wrote:

If you're above hq lvl 80, probably 4-3, or bringing them along on 3-2 while leveling a BB for them to leech.
For 4-3 I use Flag DD/CL, BB, 2CVL, 2CLT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_IQMxUc340
Oh, I see. Thanks for the vid CXu :)
Yasen Baka
How far are you guys in with the sortie worlds? I've hit a wall at 5-3 and pretty much gave up on trying to overcome this horrifying map.
DestinySonata
I'm still in 4-4, nothing's really compelling me to go to world 5 (although I'm slowly completing 4-4 to get to 5-1, then off to 4-5)
right now anyway.
CXu
Only 5-5 thay I haven't tried or cleared. Spending all my rsc on lsc ;;
Exw
5-3 first kill. I haven't made any progress since the last post on this thread, lol.

EDIT :
I got Bismarck today holy shit ;;__;;
First try today, 4/6/7/2/20
I couldn't be happier; thank you based RNG

DestinySonata
So there's a few days left, and I just unlocked 4-5.

First run: "Oh, instant boss node, boss rekt, that was a good run."
Second run: "Taiha pre-boss node (J), oh well."
Third run: "Oh, another boss node, boss rekt again."
Fourth - Tenth run: "Let's all get taiha'd in the first node or preboss node."

I thought the map was going to be quite easy because the first two kills came pretty quick. 30 buckets in, around 5k rsc used and still in my third kill.

This is what my fleet is:
  1. Bismarck - 2 x 38cm / Ar196K / Type 3
  2. Myoukou - 2 x 20.3(2) / Seaplane / Type 3
  3. Maya - 20.3(2) / 25mm concentrated / Type 91 AAFD / 12.7cm HA
  4. Haguro - 2 x 20.3(2) / Seaplane / Type 3
  5. Hiryuu - Type 21 (skilled) / Type 99 (egusa) / Shiden Kai 2 / Type 2 Recon
  6. Kaga - Shiden Kai 2 / Reppuu / Reppuu / Type 21 (skilled)
CXu
I went with 2FBB 2CAV 1CA 1CV for 4-5, which worked fairly well. Stacking Reppuu 601 and Reppuu's on Kaga and the CAVs made me barely get AS on bossnode, and even though she can't attack, having that extra FBB worked out pretty well. The final kill was a bit of a lucky run for me though, so I'll have to see if I'm gonna change my fleet up for the final kill next month. + It could be that I was just lucky overall. Having CAV will also prevent you from getting a D on the submarine node. The AP Shell on Italia is mostly for her to have enough power to sink as much fodder as possible on boss node.

DestinySonata
One of my problems is that I only have 1 CAV (Mogami) and I don't have enough medals for Chikuma and Tone, so I'm forced to bring 2CV. And my Kaga only packs around 170 AS, which is much lower than what I need for the boss node.

I feel like I'm screwed this time around.
CXu
Have you tried 4BB 2CV? (or something like that, I forgot). From what I've heard the night battle node and the node afterwards isn't too much of a pain.
Nub1
do I really need to equip all my DD with radar to reach 3-5 boss node? because I tried 5DD 1CL and RNG always sent me to node J ;-;

note:I dont have any radar
CXu
You need to meet the LoS requirement to get to the boss, which is like 28 or something for the hardest difficulty according to the wiki.
Nub1
well I guess I really need to hunt a radar..
Juuryoushin

CXu wrote:

Have you tried 4BB 2CV? (or something like that, I forgot). From what I've heard the night battle node and the node afterwards isn't too much of a pain.
As long as you reach 3 ships while counting BB(V)s/CVs/CLTs, you will go to B from the start and then be allowed to take the southern route. (E > H > M)
Personally, I would recommend that only if you are on your way to the final kill. With your fleet resources at 60%, you are still at full power.
The night battle node only has BRS as the most dangerous nuker. The preboss is set on diamond formation, which cripples the enemy's accuracy. 2 Ru kai can still beat you hard without luck.

When taking this way I managed to pull off that kill (and even reach the boss) much more easily than on my other tries by choosing the middle route.
It's all about RNG, always.
CXu
^If he's having problems getting to the boss, so trying other compositions is good to see if he gets a higher encounter rate
DestinySonata
I didn't know 4BB/2CV was allowed welp
I'll try that, it looks like a better alternative.
-Atri-
I started to play Kancolle since January (?) and i still never passed 4-3
DestinySonata
^rip

Are you "stuck" there because you just grind there?
Nub1
the summer art is here guys!

Juuryoushin

KuranteMelodii wrote:

I started to play Kancolle since January (?) and i still never passed 4-3
You must be trolled by the compass maybe. It's known to drive you everywhere else but the boss after the preboss node.... (especially this map, 33% to go to boss or something, since there are 3 possible outcome) Perhaps you're just grinding like Sonata said. If so, you should start trying to seriously go through :p
Just keep trying.

As for the nex content, Oboro finally became a beautiful lady.
Also, 6-3 is out. Another light shit fleet map made up to give you numerous headaches.....
-Atri-
I actually dont play maps anymore few weeks ago, I just only farm those exps by PVP

And my fucking sister taking away my laptop
[Kaneko]
Man...i really wish i can play the game since i think its fun plus all those characters..well..i already gave up on it but still im still interested on it if you actually have something about it then please tell me especially how to get to the lottery :arrow: :arrow:
CXu
^You bug kinomicandy
Nub1
is it really that difficult? all you have to do is waiting for the next lottery and 5 min before it started just wait and keep refreshing the page (but dont do it too often) oh and set your local clock/timezone to japan, thats all. I already got more than 5 IDs tho (for my friends ofc) xd

and you might want to check this page
Synchrostar
i want taigei so badly
do i go 2-5 or 5-2 for her
Yasen Baka
I prefer 5-2 just because you can get decent exp while you pray for the big whale to come to you.
Juuryoushin
2-5 potentially costs less resources though.
CXu
During an event :^)

I prefer 2-5, since you have to play that map anyway for medals
domSaur
i wanna finish 4-4 already but im too lazy to pull out my DDs from exped 38 _(:3」∠)_
Kitsunemimi
Who even uses their fighting DDs for expeditions ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jokes aside (or not), I think I'm finally getting close...
domSaur
i use them to appease the combined lvl i think(fk me i don't have high-lvl backups) for the exped
show more