forum

Monster Hunter series - help, showcases, & more!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Critical Dude
Just hearing about Monster Hunter Stories, Spirits and X is making my mind... *_*

And yh Konchus were very annoying, I no longer have a problem with them now.
I hated it whenever I got knocked off a cliff by a Konchu as soon as I finished climbing it.
PyaKura

Critical Dude wrote:

I hated it whenever I got knocked off a cliff by a Konchu as soon as I finished climbing it.
They left that task to the Remobras for me.
-Maus-
Can anyone help me get 1 Rathian Ruby? I need it for Queen's Scionfire Heavy Bowgun upgrade ;w;
-Maus-
I was doing that Monoblos Dune quest, I dropped his HP and I was about to reload when he started charging at me, I was gonna die and then a Bnahabara just randomly stung him and he died LMAO
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I've had something like that happen to me before on MH3U. I think I was fighting a Rathalos, and it died via a Jaagi.

YES. A JAAGI. AKA THE MOST BASIC OF MONSTERS.
PyaKura
Never had that happening to me, but it reminds me of that vid with the Konchu taking down a charging Diablos for sure.
-Maus-

Blazevoir wrote:

I've had something like that happen to me before on MH3U. I think I was fighting a Rathalos, and it died via a Jaagi.

YES. A JAAGI. AKA THE MOST BASIC OF MONSTERS.
Bnahabara is even weaker than a Jaggi xD
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Yes, I'm aware of that >_>
-Maus-
Ayy lmao HR 48 achieved
-Maus-
Best gun for Pink Rathian (In the Pink)?
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Personal preference. I just use whatever can use Thunder/Lightning and Normal 3 shots (ricochet at the wings).
-Maus-
The problem is that of the 4 guns I have, Queen's Scionfire (Queen's Longfire lv 3) doesn't shoot these and is basically useless against Rathian, Loyal Thunder (Mightning lv 2) feels like it has too little ammo choice and Arahabaki (Peerless lv 3) is the strongest and has the biggest choice, but then again its kickback is killing me. And Buster Blaster is useless for now, and will still be after upgrading I guess.

I think I'll just farm Seregios to get max fire resistance and no recoil but slow reload.
-Maus-
A rank 400 guy flamed me today for dying from a Molten Tigrex's blow and started screaming shit about knowing how to avoid at G2 rank, he also complained about me having a Rare 5 set at this point, and then he told me not to rely on others. On the fucking multiplayer.
Why did I die at this rank!?
Because I'm a gunner?
On top of that, heavy gunner that can barely move?
Because my armor is weaker?
Because my set is weak as it is?
Because I got that rank yesterday?
Because I haven't finished the Seregios set yet?
Because I didn't have enough time to complete any G-rank set?
Because Molten Tigrex is capable of jumping like from one end of the Tower Summit to another in no time?
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Transformau5 wrote:

Because I didn't have enough time to complete any G-rank set?
Definitely a good reason why people would get mad, actually.
PyaKura
^ this mostly

To be able to do somewhat decently in G2 you'd need at the very least 300 ~ 350 def as gunner (G1 is still manageable but even so...). Also Extended Evade Dist (and Evasion+ if possible) are must have from late high-rank onwards. Trying to do a G3 quest when you don't even have a G-rank armor is pure suicide yes.
___

I did some random hunts today jumping around several rooms and killed another Crimson Fatty, allowing me to finish his GS. The thing is not the best raw-wise (A mere 1200), however having a four digits elemental power is simply trippy (1000 Fire !). It's also got a nice 20% affinity and decent purple sharpness, no slots though. I don't think I'll be using it that much in comparison to my beloved Cera Cymmetry but it's definitely worth picking up against stuff like Gore/Shagaru/Gog :D
-Maus-
But don't expect me to make a set for each monster in 1 day, Jeez. I'm trying to complete the Seregios set and I'm almost done with the Waist, I need Purecrystals for the arms yet.

So yeah, Seregios set will have my fire res covered and will be the first G-rank set, then I guess I'll farm a Zinogre set for Thunder Res and preferably a Nerscylla set for Ice/Water.

Oh, and Ironically the Molten Tigrex hunt was for its resources for Sayyad Cannon+, lol. I'm being told to get resources while getting the resources.

And yet I sooo want to play with any of you rip
PyaKura
tbh I wouldn't have even tried to hunt that Molten Tigrex if I knew you had this equipment. Instead in those cases I kindly explain why I won't hunt with someone because of his equipment (in most cases it's due to the lack of both wystones and/or drive against Apexes) and kick them out lol. Flaming you was definitely not the good thing to do but yeah he was right to a certain extent. Don't rush the game, for MH is not really rushable anyway unless you already know a good bit of the game.

Personally I went from low-rank Nerscy to high-rank Monoblos to G-Rank Hermitaur sets, and from there I started crafting my numerous mixed sets for different playstyles and weapons.
-Maus-

PyaKura wrote:

tbh I wouldn't have even tried to hunt that Molten Tigrex if I knew you had this equipment. Instead in those cases I kindly explain why I won't hunt with someone because of his equipment (in most cases it's due to the lack of both wystones and/or drive against Apexes) and kick them out lol. Flaming you was definitely not the good thing to do but yeah he was right to a certain extent. Don't rush the game, for MH is not really rushable anyway unless you already know a good bit of the game.
How to get better stuff if I'm getting kicked from a quest that provides the good stuff
PyaKura
That's not it, you basically skipped a step in your progression :/
-Maus-
And I basically want to fill that gap in, but then again I'm getting kicked for that exact thing lol
PyaKura
go for the armor set first over the weapons
-Maus-
I've already mentioned like 2/3 times that I've almost finished a Seregios set, I'm actually trying to get the purecrystals for the arms right now, it's the last part remaining
PyaKura
Then go for it. You were complaning about how someone flamed you after trying to do the Molten Tigrex. Finishing the Sere set has nothing to do with it. :|
-Maus-
Seregios weapon belongs to the set as well :F

Anyway, got 1 purecrystal now.
Azure_Kite
Gradually. If you're after specific gear you're probably going to need to build an intermediate set that lets you survive (and contribute) for the team. If you're still using High-rank armor for G3+-Rank... yeah. It's a good idea not to.
-Maus-

Azure_Kite wrote:

If you're still using High-rank armor for G3+-Rank... yeah. It's a good idea not to.
>Implying I'm G3

Don't you guys get that I got to G2 to be able to get some armor materials of considerable quality
I've already completed the Seregios set, now I'll try my chance on some Zinogre hunts
Whatever
PyaKura
Molten Tiggy is G3+
-Maus-

PyaKura wrote:

Molten Tiggy is G3+
Molten Tiggy is High Rank as well.
Ciunek

Transformau5 wrote:

PyaKura wrote:

Molten Tiggy is G3+
Molten Tiggy is High Rank as well.
... You were carting to HR M.Tiggy as G2?
-Maus-

Ciunek wrote:

... You were carting to HR M.Tiggy as G2?
Rare 5 gunner armor weak to fire m8, did you even read the previous posts

EDIT: After completing the Seregios set, 1 accidental kart is a max tho
PyaKura
Am I like the only one who couldn't care less about my own elemental weaknesses ? :|
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

PyaKura wrote:

Am I like the only one who couldn't care less about my own elemental weaknesses ? :|
If you think you can do well enough in a hunt, go for it. Honestly though, I'd be asking why you didn't either 1) wear something more suiting or 2) eat the corresponding elemental meal.
PyaKura
I couldn't care less about my elemental weakness because if I get hit it's most likely because I did something wrong and/or don't know the monster well enough. I always go for more attack as I usually play GS and want to maximize the hitting power. That and also because mixed sets have elemental resistances/weaknesses all over the place and they're all that I use (I don't have any G Rank set complete coming from one specific monster apart from my Hermiku set I had to make to transition into G rank).
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

PyaKura wrote:

I couldn't care less about my elemental weakness because if I get hit it's most likely because I did something wrong and/or don't know the monster well enough. I always go for more attack as I usually play GS and want to maximize the hitting power. That and also because mixed sets have elemental resistances/weaknesses all over the place and they're all that I use (I don't have any G Rank set complete coming from one specific monster apart from my Hermiku set I had to make to transition into G rank).
And this is exactly why I'm an elementalist (not referring to the skill, mind you, though it does help whenever I get it).
-Maus-
I prefer having a full set for each purpose, that's why I want to complete like 3-4 of them, might be the OCD too, lol.
This, and the fact that any strength for a gunner armor is more than helpful.
PyaKura
Don't get me wrong though, I may not have a full set from a specific monster but each of my mixed sets gives me 3 ~ 5 skills for each playstyle/weapon with no negative skills whatsoever.
-Maus-
Nice, I stick to full sets because OCD tho :F

EDIT: About the skills, that's why I used to main the Nerscylla set, it was so useful. It also looks nice.
Critical Dude
I haven't touched the game in a while due to college, might get back to it when college is over.
I don't really care about elemental weaknesses unless the monster is op (when especially when using its elemental attacks) or I'm feeling too lazy to play properly.
-Maus-
The Frenzied Brachydios mission is a bitch to do as a gunner, even with a Wystone :F
Ciunek
Have fun with the powerplant one
show more