forum

[resolved] Cursor does not feel as smooth as before

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
unboundlife
Help out a fellow osu! player please

So after a couple months of playing, I recently had this issue where my cursor starts splitting and I don't fee the "smoothness" when moving it around. Recently had this after I changed my resolution (My PC is not very powerful). Also, I checked and it was not my skin that was causing this.

Any solutions?
ziin
what's your framerate?
Topic Starter
unboundlife

ziin wrote:

what's your framerate?

around 80-120, no lower
Renevant
What is your sensitivity in osu! under the options menu?
Topic Starter
unboundlife

Renevant wrote:

What is your sensitivity in osu! under the options menu?

Max sensitivity (6x) w/ a Wacom intuos pen and touch small tablet
Renevant
That's your issue. It has to be 1x or it won't work properly.
Topic Starter
unboundlife

Renevant wrote:

Well you see, I have been playing with that since I got a tablet. Playing with full area is tiring. This happened after I changed my resolution from 1366x768 (fullscreen) to 1152x648 (fullscreen). I changed it back, but no difference :/
Renevant
I don't see how that's possible, maybe it was a bug and you fixed it by changing resolution.

Your tablet should have its own drivers and an application that allows you to change the tablet area. Instead of using full area, just change it to something smaller.

edit:
It should look something like this
VeilStar

unboundlife wrote:

I recently had this issue where my cursor starts splitting and I don't fee the "smoothness" when moving it around. Recently had this after I changed my resolution (My PC is not very powerful).
You're probably trying to describe screen tearing. It happpens if you run the game in fullscreen (or turn windows aero/dwm off). If it doesn't happen in borderless or windowed mode then there you go.

Renevant wrote:

If raw input is enabled it should work mostly fine. Changing the tablet area through the drivers is still the best option though.
Topic Starter
unboundlife
Reinstalled osu! client, Wacom drivers, rebooted PC, changed resolution to windowed, changed to OpenGL, changed back to DirectX, set resolution to full screen and put frame limiter on v sync. I can still feel the laggy cursor, but not gonna complain. Everything else is working fine though. I'm replacing PC soon anyways so hopefully it'll be resolved then. Anyways, thanks for trying to help :D
Renevant

VeilStar wrote:

If raw input is enabled it should work mostly fine. Changing the tablet area through the drivers is still the best option though.
Ah, my bad. I remember raw input not working in the past, so i just assumed.

unboundlife wrote:

Reinstalled osu! client
Glad you got it working. For future reference, reinstalling osu! usually never fixes anything, so don't bother going through that hassle.
ziin
120 fps is awfully low. Anything under 400 and I notice my cursor is delayed.
im salty af

Renevant wrote:

mine still is not smooth even though i have it on 1x