forum

osu!mania 4K World Cup - Map Suggestions!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Spy
Hello everyone. With the departure of the CtB World Cup yesterday, this means that the osu!mania World Cup is soon to come!

To make it easier on the tournament staff, and the players in terms of match times/schedules, we have decided to split the 4K and 7K tournaments to two different times. We'll hold the osu!mania 4K World Cup first, then after the osu! World Cup, we will hold the osu!mania 7K World Cup.

For this, we are willing to take in mappool suggestions! We often find good maps can sometimes be just 'not seen', or unknown to the map selectors - this form will allow you to suggest to us a map you think is appropriate for players to play in the osu!mania 4K World Cup! Here is a few rules you must follow before making your suggestion:
  1. All maps suggested MUST be currently submitted to osu!
  2. The suggested maps must be for freemod only. There is no Double Time selection in osu!mania World Cup, so hence we do not accept it.
  3. We do not accept autoconverted maps from osu!standard.
  4. We do not accept beatmania IIDX songs.
  5. We do not accept songs with inappropriate content. This goes for songs such as Gigantic O.T.N
  6. We do not accept converted maps from other rhythm games, unless you are the creator of said map. We'd rather not have people freak out when they see their own BMS chart on an official osu! livestream being played, for example.
  7. 4K Only. The osu!mania 7K World Cup will be hosted at a later date.
Suggesting a map does not guarantee the map will appear in the mappools, however, every suggestion will be checked and considered provided it follows the guidelines above.

You can access the form for your suggestion here!
(Suggestions filled in as a reply to this thread will not be considered - you must use the form.)

If you have any questions, be sure to post below!
puxtu
oh
Kamikaze

Spy wrote:

[*]We do not accept converted maps from other rhythm games, unless you are the creator of said map. We'd rather not have people freak out when they see their own BMS chart on an official osu! livestream being played, for example.
tfw last year we had 8/10 maps from stepmania hehehehehe
Shoegazer
Is there any difficulty range that's preferred? Any preferred length as well?
Tidek

-Kamikaze- wrote:

Spy wrote:

[*]We do not accept converted maps from other rhythm games, unless you are the creator of said map. We'd rather not have people freak out when they see their own BMS chart on an official osu! livestream being played, for example.
tfw last year we had 8/10 maps from stepmania hehehehehe
Thats the reason why last year mappools were shit lol
-Maus-

Shoegazer wrote:

It's MWC, so you need to fit in around 2 stars.
Starry-

Shoegazer wrote:

There is no preferred difficulty range for the suggestions - the suggestions will be aligned into their corresponding stages in the tournament (based on difficulty) once received.

Although just keep in mind as reference for the group stages, that the minimum rank required to join the tournament is probably going to be around #5000.

Length preferably under 4 minutes for the normal maps, with tiebreakers preferably being above 4 minutes.
Jinjin

Shoegazer wrote:

You can probably list some potential maps that you think are good. For example, I'd list maps in a categorical fashion in terns of star rating (yeah sr system is pretty bad in mania, but at least we can gauge the difficulties somewhat) jk, the form specifically says what we need to fill out lol
Last year I remember the group stages being around 3.5*~4.5* range and the knockoff stages being 4.5*+

Length probably doesn't matter as long as it's not absurdly short or long (like less than 30 secs or longer than 7~8 minutes), but yeah maybe the staff can clarify that.
Nvmd, starry already gave an answer while I was writing lol
Tidek
For 4K last year, group stage was around 3,2* -3,8*.
EtienneXC

Tidek wrote:

For 4K last year, group stage was around 3,2* -3,8*.
That sounds heavily accuracy biased, no?
Kamikaze

EtienneXC wrote:

Group Stage generally IS heavily accuracy biased
Nwolf
who is mapping P8107
Bobbias

-Kamikaze- wrote:

EtienneXC wrote:

Group Stage generally IS heavily accuracy biased
Unfortunately. I hate the idea that someone who can SS something easy could potentially beat out someone like staiain on something stai could DT and do just as well. Which is exactly what happened last year :/

I get that it makes sense to start off easy and progress in difficulty, but I sincerely hope this year's mappool ramps up a bit faster.
Tidek

Bobbias wrote:

Unfortunately. I hate the idea that someone who can SS something easy could potentially beat out someone like staiain on something stai could DT and do just as well. Which is exactly what happened last year :/

I get that it makes sense to start off easy and progress in difficulty, but I sincerely hope this year's mappool ramps up a bit faster.
Honestly, in last year difficulty of mappools was rising TOO FAST, dont get me wrong but maps difficulty of mappools in next rounds were getting unbalanced more and more.

About Staiain and DT things, its fair. Acc player will beat speed player on easy maps and vice versa, thats why the winner of mwc should be a team of players who can do extremely good scores on hard maps AND do extremely good scores on easy maps as well.

Anyway Staiain team could still lose even if those maps were DT, because its very hard to carry score team alone in mania (score cap 1mln)
Fullerene-
What about converted maps where permission from the original mapper was obtained (e.g. AiAe SHD)? Seeing as the main reason converted maps aren't included is because the original creator might not be made aware of its use, it should be fine as long as the mapper is OK with it. Proof would have to be provided of course.
[Crz]Player
Jepetski
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/323777 xdddddd shameless self advertising
Tidek

ATTan wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/109438
Definitely kamui is better than half of maps last year in semi/finals xDD
Agka
lmao
Ortlinde

Fullerene- wrote:

What about converted maps where permission from the original mapper was obtained (e.g. AiAe SHD)? Seeing as the main reason converted maps aren't included is because the original creator might not be made aware of its use, it should be fine as long as the mapper is OK with it. Proof would have to be provided of course.
What? you want to submit Aiae SHD?
I'm out XD
Yuzeyun
One word from me: Don't even dare.
Kkay1124
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/326600 It's a very good song ^-^
Jinjin

_Gezo_ wrote:

One word from me: Don't even dare.
357 ;)
EtienneXC
There should be a no gimmicks rule as well (BPM changes, random stops in the song, etc), anything that a player might not be aware of when playing in tournament.
Jinjin

EtienneXC wrote:

There should be a no gimmicks rule as well (BPM changes, random stops in the song, etc), anything that a player might not be aware of when playing in tournament.
This was actually an issue last year, there were maps with heavy sv changes. However, slight sv changes should be fine because the map pool is released like a week before the actual match, which gives the players a chance to familiarize themselves to the maps
Ortlinde
Can i suggest marathon maps?
Tidek
What is wrong with BPM changes? lol? (megitsune for example)
show more