forum

[Archived] Beatmap editor will not correctly place backgrounds

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Purpzuki
Problem Details:

Possibly a Mac issue? Photo size issue?

This problem has occurred several times as I attempt to make beatmaps. When I hit "Background Image/Video" and select the desired background (shown in the first picture), it appears in the editor as a nearly black and white version with a bunch of strange lines through it (shown in the second picture). Does anyone know why it does this and possibly how I could fix the beatmap's background?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

((Sorry that these images are so large, I'm really lazy and didn't want to email myself to resize them..?
osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
Trosk-
Yes, seems like it is a Mac bug, because i tried to put this same background on a beatmap and it was correct.

Did you try with another image?

Topic Starter
Purpzuki

Trosk- wrote:

Yes, seems like it is a Mac bug, because i tried to put this same background on a beatmap and it was correct.

Did you try with another image?

Yes, I have tried this with other images, as I said, this has happened several times when making beatmaps. It did happen to work once with another beatmap I made, which was a custom background I edited. I guess I'm just out of luck with this Mac on this song..?
Trosk-

PurpzTheNerd wrote:

Yes, I have tried this with other images, as I said, this has happened several times when making beatmaps. It did happen to work once with another beatmap I made, which was a custom background I edited. I guess I'm just out of luck with this Mac on this song..?
I think so... Mac still has a lot of bugs like this.
TheVileOne
I'm pretty sure backgrounds that are too large gets resized to an acceptable resolution. If you resize it manually to 1366 x 768 it might help.

Edit: 1600 x 1200 is 4:3. You need to use the 4:3 limit 1024 x 768
Trosk-

TheVileOne wrote:

I'm pretty sure backgrounds that are too large gets resized to an acceptable resolution. If you resize it manually to 1366 x 768 it might help.

Edit: 1600 x 1200 is 4:3. You need to use the 4:3 limit 1024 x 768
I tried with the same background as him and i didn't have that problem.
ziin
Hi, I duplicated the issue with the 1600x1200 image and it also happened with a 1025x769 image. It appears the resize function is severely distorting the image. This does not happen if you manually add in the image via editing the osu file or using a proper *x768 image.

I'd give the version number on OSX if it were available, but I'm on the stable release.