forum

[•] --- GFX Development Center

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Daichi Shinku

Welcome to GFX Development center

I created this Thread in order to Increase the skill of the fellow GFX'er on osu!
So.. Welcome...

In this Thread, you may
  1. Share knowledge
  2. Share some resources
  3. Giving info and critique to the fellow GFX-er.
  4. Share, share, and share!
  5. Request some help about GFX Related Issue.
And in this thread, you may not
  1. Do a request of Avatar, Signatures, or anything for your own good.
  2. Spam ofc.
As a fellow GFX'er, we may help each other within this thread by sharing Ideas, Resources, and Knowledges to each other
And once again, Welcome to the GFX Thread Development Center.

Enjoy your stay~

A-thing-to-mind-when-you-do-design picture

Comes from Indonesian Designers Page - DKVDaily
~Color Harmony~

Aomi

Daichi Shinku wrote:

In this Thread, you may
  1. Share knowledges
  2. Share some resources
  3. Giving infos and critique to the fellow GFX er.
  4. Share, share, and share!
  5. Requesting some help about GFX Related Issue.
And in this thread, you may not
  1. Doing a request of Avatar, Signatures, or anything for your own good.
  2. Spam ofc.
As a fellow GFX'er, we may help each other within this thread by sharing Ideas, Resources, and Knowledges to each other
And once again, Welcome to the GFX Thread Development Center.
* Share knowledge
* Give info and critique to the fellow GFX-er
*Request some help about the GFX related issue
*Do an avatar,signature or any other request for your own good
*By sharing knowledge

Just wanted to correct you there, also this is a great thread!
I hope to learn something new from you guys in the future~
Topic Starter
Daichi Shinku

Aomi wrote:

* Share knowledge
* Give info and critique to the fellow GFX-er
*Request some help about the GFX related issue
*Do an avatar,signature or any other request for your own good
*By sharing knowledge

Just wanted to correct you there, also this is a great thread!
I hope to learn something new from you guys in the future~
Nice~

Anyway, for now, I'm gonna share a Stamp Border for Avatars here...
Which I learned from here

A Video

And I managed to create this baby

The Result

Which, you can use for avatars for your GFX Thread... which is Nice
Ayesha Altugle
[Username]
I dont know if this is the right post to publish this, I'll delete it if it ends up being in the wrong thread, but:
Hi, I am still abit new to the osu forum etc. But, I've been using photoshop for a little while now, and have tried many different styles of picture/GFX making, but I cant decide if my style like "hit" the people and they say "wow" when they see my art/pictrue/graphic content or whatever you would call it.

So, I was wondering if I could get like some feedback on what I've made so far for the osu forum, and what is "accepted-art" on osu!
I really like to make Banners, and signatrues. But avatars aint my strongest side - as it stands now.

Samples:
Banners
1(newest):

2:

3:

Avatar sample: look at my avatar :p

Thanks for answers!
~[U]
Topic Starter
Daichi Shinku

[Username] wrote:

I dont know if this is the right post to publish this, I'll delete it if it ends up being in the wrong thread, but:
Hi, I am still abit new to the osu forum etc. But, I've been using photoshop for a little while now, and have tried many different styles of picture/GFX making, but I cant decide if my style like "hit" the people and they say "wow" when they see my art/pictrue/graphic content or whatever you would call it.

So, I was wondering if I could get like some feedback on what I've made so far for the osu forum, and what is "accepted-art" on osu!
I really like to make Banners, and signatrues. But avatars aint my strongest side - as it stands now.

Samples:
Banners
1(newest):

2:

3:

Avatar sample: look at my avatar :p

Thanks for answers!
~[U]
I would say that most of your works is good...
But, the colour is a bit dull...

The trick is, for me atleast, to make your works more eyecatching by using a high saturated colours.
Or make the... uh... black colour? dark colour? a bit more darker...
Which will make another of your colour more appealing.

Well, thats my personal opinion tho, anyway, you can try to make the saturation a bit higher :D

Comparison as I make the saturation a bit higher.
Topic Starter
Daichi Shinku
O boi, I found a good site for Photoshop & Illustrator Tutorial

Also, bump :9

And, I picked up one of my tutorial from the old 10nya thread.

Daichi Shinku wrote:

the tutorial that I found is from Here
Creating Signatures with C4D Effects

Sources and Pictures
You need to search a rendered Image (An Image with transparent background) and a C4D Effect
Some C4D Effect can be found Here
And some Rendered Image can be found in Deviantart... well, you can search it yourself xD

For this Tutorial, I'm gonna use This picture

And make sure you have a proper background too... Like this one that I'm going to use in the tutorial

Now then, we need to search for some C4D Effects...
What I'm going to use is This one
But, I think I'm going to upload the .psd later, so you guys can see it ~ because 1 C4D Effect is never enough.. for me atleast~ xD

Download link for the .pdf file: BRS+ c4d.rar

Game Time
Now, lets put all of the picture together... (By the way I change the colour of the C4D with CTRL + U on Photoshop, which is for Hue Adjustment :D )
Here's what It should looks like now..

Now, let's put some Motion blur
First, Duplicate your C4D Layer, this window can be accessed through right clicking your layer's text, not the layer's thumbnail.

Then, Do some Motion blurring in your Duplicated C4D Layer, through Filter > Blur > Motion Blur.
The Distance is up to you, what do you think will look good on this picture?
For this one, I'll choose 86 Pixel and 0 angle because I want to make it blurred to the sides~

Then, Turn down the oppacity for the duplicated layer 'till it looks good. I choose 65% for this one :D

Here's what it should looks like now..
P.S : You could play around with the duplicated layer's blending so It will looks good :D
For the next step, I'll choose a Linear light for the duplicated layer...

Then, Search for another C4D Render's Effect... I choose this one[b] with some Hue Adjustments once again xD
And like the step above, just motion blur and duplicate and play around with the Hue Adjustments and the layer's blending :D

Here's what it should be looks like now...

Now, lets take some lightning action...
Create a new layer (CTRL + Shift + N) and paint it all black...
Then Right click the layer and go to Blending option

Then, you should see this window now... then, mark the Gradient overlay button

Click this one if you want to change the gradient.

And then click the black and white colors on the bottom

You can see that the "Stops" is now available to play around...

Then click the black pallete besides the "Color" and you should be able to see this:

Now, pick the color you want :D

Now... you could play around with the Gradient style, there are several settings, but I choose radial for this one :D

Don't forget, after you done with the Gradient stuff, put the layer's blending into "Overlay" and lower the oppacity to your liking :D
Here's what mine looked like now...

Now, just add a little bit brush effects and blendings and a little bit more effect and it should be done...
+ Add some more effect by searching on google :D

This is the finished product, you can use it if you want :D

Remember, Doing editing in photoshop is almost the same as mixing stuff into another stuff to create something new!
And, Updated list
Ayesha Altugle
I learned how to make diagonal scanlines thanks to this website right here.
Topic Starter
Daichi Shinku

Shizuku- wrote:

I learned how to make diagonal scanlines thanks to this website right here.
Oh, Nice site, added to the list...
While I'm at it, I'm gonna copy-paste the content from your link :D

Create a 3x3 Grid 45-degree Scanline Pattern
1. In Photoshop, create a new image. From the drop-down menu, select File>New or click Ctrl+N with your keyboard. The New Image dialog box will open. Add the following information, as also shown in Example 3 below:

Name: 3x3 45 degree pattern (or whatever descriptive name you wish to use)
Width: 3 pixels
Height: 3 pixels
Resolution: 72 pixels/inch
Color Mode: RGB Color, 8 bit
Background Contents: Transparent

Example of New Image Dialog Box, PS CS3

2. Since we're going to create a specific pixel by pixel 45-degree diagonal scanline pattern, zoom in the view to 1600%. With your image selected, using your keyboard, click Ctrl++ (Ctrl plus the + key), holding down the Ctrl and clicking the + key about 9 times to reach 1600%.

3. From the Tools palette, select the Pencil Tool. Set the brush size to 1px.

4. Also from the Tools palette, select Black for your foreground color.

5.Now we're ready to draw the pixel grid pattern with the Pencil Tool. Using the Pencil Tool, add the first black pixel to the top left of your image. Add the next pixel at the bottom middle of your image, and the third pixel to the right middle as shown in Example below:

6.Your 45-degree diagonal grid pattern should look like this, enlarged at 1600%:

7. Go ahead and save your image now if you wish to save it. Saving it isn't required to create a Photoshop pattern (next), but you might wish to use this image in the future for something else.

8.Create a pattern based on this pixel grid image: from the drop-down menu, select Edit>Define Pattern. The Pattern Name dialog box will then open, as shown in Example below:

You can choose to change the name if you wish, then click OK.

Apply Your New 45-degree Scanline Photoshop Pattern
Now that you've created the new 45-degree diagonal scanline Photoshop pattern, you'll be able to apply it to your images whenever you wish. For this tutorial, we'll create a Web page background image.

1. In Photoshop, create a new image using the same settings as the 3x3 image above, except this time designating the height and width at 48 pixels. (You can use any number divisible by 3.)

2. Choose a color for your layer, and fill the layer with your chosen color. For this tutorial I'm using white. You can fill your layer a number of ways: From the drop-down menu, select Edit>Fill or press Shift+F5 to open the Fill dialog window. Alternatively, use the Paint Bucket tool to fill your layer.

TIP

Use a basic color to fill your layer, such as white. Then, use Photoshop's Layer Style feature to easily change colors or experiment with color possibilities. From the drop-down menu, select Layer>Layer Style>Color Overlay.

In addition, try adding a gradient or other effects via Photoshop's Layer Style window. If you intend to use your image as a repeating background pattern that includes a gradient, it would work well to create the image so that it will repeat horizontally using CSS, for example, by setting the gradient style to Linear, and the angle to 90° (click link to see the settings screenshot).

Using Photoshop's layer styles makes it's incredibly easy to use this image as a template for various projects, changing colors, gradients, and other effects. For example, I used a white fill to create all the examples shown below. A Few Color Examples Using the 3x3 Grid and 4x4 Grid 45-degree Scanlines Patterns. For some of the examples, I also added a gradient effect.

Try adding the scanlines pattern over photos and photo montages, too, perhaps using the Soft Light Blend Mode (click link to see the settings screenshot):

3. Next, from the drop-down menu, select Layer>Layer Style>Pattern Overlay. That will open the Pattern Overlay dialog window, as shown in Example below.

4. To apply the 45-degree scanlines Photoshop pattern to your layer, select your scanlines pattern from the patterns. You'll find it at the end of the pattern thumbnails, as shown in Example below:

Pattern Overlay Dialog Window

5.For this tutorial, use the settings shown in the example above, including:
Blend Mode: Normal 
Opacity: 40%

Your image should then look something like this:

6.It's a good time to save your image at this point. Save as .psd to retain your layers and layer styles.

7.To save for the Web to use as a background image, you can reduce your image canvas back to 3x3 since this is a repeating pattern. From the drop-down menu, select Image>Canvas Size. That will open the Canvas Size dialog window. In the Canvas Size dialog window, change the width and height of your image to 3 pixels, and click the top left corner Anchor box, as shown in Example below.

Canvas Size Dialog Window

Note that if you're saving your image from a 4x4 grid pattern described below, Create a 4x4 Grid 45-degree Scanline Pattern. that you should then reduce the canvas size to 4x4 accordingly to save as a Web page background image.

That's it! Save your image for the Web.
Source
drum drum
japanese fonts http://freejapanesefont.com
korean fonts http://freekorenfont.com
chinese/japanese http://freechinesefont.com

free cute fonts (beware all fonts are linked w/ adf.ly) http://cindy-cf.blogspot.com/2014/03/ko ... nload.html
how 2 do borders like my avatar http://doramu.s-ul.eu/ezc0XJgl
Konaruhi

drum drum wrote:

japanese fonts http://freejapanesefont.com
korean fonts http://freekorenfont.com
chinese/japanese http://freechinesefont.com

free cute fonts (beware all fonts are linked w/ adf.ly) http://cindy-cf.blogspot.com/2014/03/ko ... nload.html
how 2 do borders like my avatar http://doramu.s-ul.eu/ezc0XJgl
thank you for the japanese fonts <3

EDIT: How many frames/layers does it usually take to make an animated text ;v;)
kyooryu
woah thanks all its very helping for noob like me XD
drum drum
Konaruhi
http://konaruhii.deviantart.com/favourites/?offset=0 some textures that i downloaded :3c (dont mind the other stuff lmao)
Pawsu
I myself would like to know how to do animated text for signatures and user pages
-[Jess]-

Pawsu wrote:

I myself would like to know how to do animated text for signatures and user pages
for Animated text,i picked Raisha's tutorial.
Topic Starter
Daichi Shinku

-[Jess]- wrote:

Pawsu wrote:

for Animated text,i picked Raisha's tutorial.

Raisha Millenia wrote:

Click Window tab>>Animation. If there's no Animation at the Window tab, click "show all menu items"
then it'll show like this

note: if you want to animate the text, click on the text's layer first then you make the animation frames. if you want to make the text like this:

you must change the text opacity/fill to 0 at the first frame. and on the second frame, change the text opacity/fill to 10 or 20(whatever you like), change the text opacity/fill to 30 or 60 on the third frame and do this until the text opacity goes to 100
hope this could help!
Whoa, I've been away a bit because I'm preparing for finals xD
Updated list :3
-[Jess]-
http://www.punk-rose.com/

this site has lot of texture,png pack and brushes :3
Chaoslitz
Nice. support

I am counted as a GFXer right?
Topic Starter
Daichi Shinku
Just changed the theme for the thread, what do you guys think? :3
drum drum

Daichi Shinku wrote:

you're crazy
Topic Starter
Daichi Shinku

drum drum wrote:

Daichi Shinku wrote:

you're crazy
ayyyyyyysore to me now xD
Mafuuu
Cool thread. I can't contribute anything since I just took up an interest recently so I'll just casually stalk this thread instead.
Incorrect
So I was just messing around and I ended up making this thing. Can anyone give me some feedback, and maybe some help with the text, since the text is probably the weakest point of the whole image.

Kurochiie
This text style tutorial helped me a lot.
Incorrect

Kurochiie wrote:

Thanks Kurochiie :)
Kouya-
I experimented with these tutorials and how other people make banners look pretty today .

Thank you, this thread is really helpful :3
Incorrect

Kouya- wrote:

I experimented with these tutorials and how other people make banners look pretty today .

For your top and bottom border, I would make one border, duplicate it, and then add it to the other side. 99.9% sure your borders are different sizes.
Kouya-

Incorrect wrote:

For your top and bottom border, I would make one border, duplicate it, and then add it to the other side. 99.9% sure your borders are different sizes.
Those were my intentions haha, wanted to try out a new style . I don't really know if it's more bothering or more satisfying to other people honestly.
Topic Starter
Daichi Shinku
The great flyte said this

Click the image, or just... click me!

This thing can be applied for all kind of designers too, not only Skinners....
There you have it guys :3

P.S : I think he forgot to add a word "Color" since all that he said applied to "Colors" too
Color theories for some research

Like Analogous Colors, Monochromatic, Triad, etc etc.

Kurochiie wrote:

Added to GFXPedia :3

Kouya- wrote:

Awesome xD

But the Negative space is a bit too much, I think by zooming to the wolf more will be a bit better, or add some text or effects. :3

Incorrect wrote:

So I was just messing around and I ended up making this thing. Can anyone give me some feedback, and maybe some help with the text, since the text is probably the weakest point of the whole image.

Sorry guys, I've been a bit Passive, but don't worry, The Day after tomorrow will be my last exam and then, I'll go batcrazy with this thread (And my own Thread xD)
-[Jess]-

get bored,i make some broader line which is free for use
show more