forum

[resolved] double cursor

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ushiwaka
Problem Details:
My "normal" mouse cursor is showing up with my "osu" cursor, so it looks like there are two cursors on screen. When I alt-tab, it stops, then comes back after a few seconds. It still happens when I restart osu. It's quite annoying, since the "osu" cursor has a higher sensitivity than my "normal" cursor.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
http://gyazo.com/22c48ddbdbacd6786a7065c27342f99a

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
VeilStar
Seems to be be an issue for a very (very) small amount of people. (This is the second time I hear of this happening.)

What operating system are you using, and are you in fullscreen or windowed mode?
Also - though it's safe to assume it does - does this happen in the latest cuttingedge build aswell?
Topic Starter
Ushiwaka

VeilStar wrote:

Seems to be be an issue for a very (very) small amount of people. (This is the second time I hear of this happening.)

What operating system are you using, and are you in fullscreen or windowed mode?
Also - though it's safe to assume it does - does this happen in the latest cuttingedge build aswell?
I'm using a mac. version 10.10 OS X Yosemite. I'm in fullscreen mode. Yes I have the latest build.
abraker

2xGillgan wrote:

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)

VeilStar wrote:

latest cuttingedge build aswell?

2xGillgan wrote:

Yes I have the latest build.
I am not sure if you changed to cutting edge or not, but just to make sure, go to options and scroll down to the very bottom and you should see something like "20150605cuttingedge"
VeilStar

abraker wrote:

I am not sure if you changed to cutting edge or not, but just to make sure, go to options and scroll down to the very bottom and you should see something like "20150605cuttingedge"
I wouldn't advice it given that he's on OS X, it'll probably break his osu!.
That being said, I can't say much of anything. Probably an issue that has to do with wineskin (or whatever), the OS, and osu!.
Kitokofox
I've experienced this in more than just Osu!, I've experienced in some FPS games as well, where mouse input is important. It's giving me the feeling this is an isolated case, as in it's the OS fault and not Osu! itself. As in, it might sometimes have trouble focusing the window requiring input and clearing the mouse from the display while doing so. What's interesting is I've experienced this in Windows specifically. it could possibly be the same for OS X though...

Though, the thought of controlling more than one cursor in Osu! seems really silly, I would get a giggle out of that.
Trosk-

Kitokofox wrote:

I've experienced this in more than just Osu!, I've experienced in some FPS games as well, where mouse input is important. It's giving me the feeling this is an isolated case, as in it's the OS fault and not Osu! itself. As in, it might sometimes have trouble focusing the window requiring input and clearing the mouse from the display while doing so. What's interesting is I've experienced this in Windows specifically. it could possibly be the same for OS X though...

Though, the thought of controlling more than one cursor in Osu! seems really silly, I would get a giggle out of that.
^^^ Yep, i saw this once on another game, but anymore.
Topic Starter
Ushiwaka

VeilStar wrote:

abraker wrote:

I wouldn't advice it given that he's on OS X, it'll probably break his osu!.
That being said, I can't say much of anything. Probably an issue that has to do with wineskin (or whatever), the OS, and osu!.
Yeah, I attempted that before you replied, and I had to end up redownloading it. Ha. Anyway the glitch stopped after redownloading it.
crazyalien18
Sorry for necroing this thread, but I ended up having the exact same issue, although it usually occurs in the bottom right and I use Windows 10, and reinstallation only managed to remove all my beatmaps. It doesn't seem to be an issue with the wrong window focus, as it occurs even if I close out all the other windows, but I can't really think of why else the cursor would appear in the background.
Death

crazyalien18 wrote:

Sorry for necroing this thread, but I ended up having the exact same issue, although it usually occurs in the bottom right and I use Windows 10, and reinstallation only managed to remove all my beatmaps. It doesn't seem to be an issue with the wrong window focus, as it occurs even if I close out all the other windows, but I can't really think of why else the cursor would appear in the background.
Please make a new thread next time.

Applications that put overlays on the game, such as (but not limited to) Discord, seem to cause this issue for some people.