forum

A way to adjust the transparency on slider bodies

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,103
show more
Aqo
Yes please, I was sad when I tried to make slider bodies slightly transparent'er recently and then found out it's (currently) impossible. +support
bwross
I have a few ideas of things to do with fully transparent sliders (both body and border invisible) that might be fun. Just don't allow them to be rankable... or enforce it by only allowing invisible sliders in user skins, not map ones.
G0r
I am for this idea.
theowest
if you could skin slider bodies, I'd imagine being able to skin it to have an arrow track, guiding the way.
[Luanny]
I liked this pattern idea o3o
supp
Topic Starter
narakucrimson
Well is at least the transparent slider thing possible?
theowest

narakucrimson wrote:

Well is at least the transparent slider thing possible?
it should be possible.
Kyomaku
I would love this, great idea naraku!

Voted +1 ~
Suimya
yeah nice idea and cool one too xD

+2 support~
theowest
I've noticed how extremely popular it is to make the slidertrack black, to make it look as if it's transparent to the black background.
TheLukay
great idea, I always wanted to see skinable sliders

+3
CecilHarveyFF4
voted +1
deadbeat
bump
Syrus
I'd love more customization for the sliders.

+2
AGRX
transparency to slider body and slider BORDER also
Cryphos
A nice idea, but the arrow idea may be harder to implement with some types of sliders. There are some tightly zig-zagging slider, and there are sliders that intersect. It would be hard to implement the design with these kinds of sliders around.

Nonetheless, the transparency of the slider is a great idea, I like it. :D
Xaffy
I wish!
Dradow
Transparent sliderborders +1

Made a skin which doesn't use any borders (circle or slider, cheated slider by using black border with 100% bg dim).
Looks pretty awesome imo, white borders kept annoying me like hell. Play with that skin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maZTJNoCJfc
Can we have something like this?

also don't mind the play, it's older than my name change; just picked one randomly
bTTT_old
This hasn't been said in this thread, but it seems important: The way sliders work now is that a hit circle is displayed on each endpoint on top of the slider track. For transparent sliders this means that it's impossible to have the same color for both the slider body and the endpoints. It would be great if there was a way around this problem. For example, have separate hit circles for sliders.

Secondly, I'd love to see transparency for slidertype 1. I like slidertype 1 and while it seems to have fallen out of favor, it still fits well with certain skin styles.
Dephix
would be nice
abraker
bump bump BUMP
Dephix
i wanna make my slidertrack completely transparent, anything under a slidertrack looks blury
Rilene
Bump.

Yes please.
Phexlar
I did notice lately with Hidden on the sliders fade away after I start them. Would love to change the opacity of my sliders in my skin a little to notice notes behind them easier.
Endie-
Wouldn't mind a feature like this
+1
softhusky
shameless bump :P
Alek X
Bump
Neubse
another bump <3 i shupport
[ R i v e n ]
bump

I like it :D
--Winter
Bump
Antiforte
This would make circles hidden inside slider bodies much less of a hassle. c:

I support! (even though I have no stars to give :()
Inareous
Bump this! the white gradient look so ugly right now
fLaw
Bump please, would absolutely love this, at least be able to do it to some degree.
abraker
p/3573249

Kert wrote:

When are we going to see fully customized textured sliders? \:D/

smoogipooo wrote:

It's one of the next items on the list :)

mm201 wrote:

smoogipooo wrote:

It's one of the next items on the list :)
Please consult with me before you do this. I have the complete implementation planned already.
1 year later... ;-;
cedar
Shameless bump

I personally would like to see this, but only because it would be a mean to an end I desire. I was thinking of how I would like to have sliders that don't have the shine in the bottom, which is especially visible because I use black slider tracks in the majority of my skins. However, if there were a way to reduce the opacity of the slider track to 0, that would have the same effect as having a flat black slider, in my case at least :)
PhilippineEevee
Try this:

SliderGradient

False: 0 > True: 1

I just saw on other comments on YouTube... I haven't tried yet so... can you test it? :l