forum

is it weird that...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nantakuuu
after using the tablet to play since the beginning, that i recently switch to mouse only for the last week and I'm performing better than when I'm using the tablet?

I know the tablet isn't suppose to make you instantly better, but still, i remember using the mouse+kb to play back when I started I sucked so bad.

Now i prefer the mouse over the tablet more.
-sev
No.
Topic Starter
Nantakuuu

Kaienyuu wrote:

No.

If you don't mind, is DPI and sens a preference? I see some play super high sens but like 400dpi.

Im on 1600dpi @ 1.8sens.
Drayne

Nantakuuu wrote:

Kaienyuu wrote:

No.

If you don't mind, is DPI and sens a preference? I see some play super high sens but like 400dpi.

Im on 1600dpi @ 1.8sens.
1600 dpi and 1.8 sens is pretty fast. If you can handle it, it's nice. DPI is personal preference
Shizuyi
Well which DPi you use totally depends on your Res.. On a 4k Monitor 1600 DPI would be a pain.
Topic Starter
Nantakuuu

Shizuyi wrote:

Well which DPi you use totally depends on your Res.. On a 4k Monitor 1600 DPI would be a pain.
playing on 1920x1080p

i usually play CSGO @ 400dpi 2.5ingame sens if that helps to compare
Endaris
1600 dpi and 1,8 sens seems a bit too much.
dpi is mostly up to preference but yours is so high that I really think that it will cost you control in the end.
Try to go down to 1600 and 1,2 sens or something.

And no it's not weird that you're doing good with mouse.
2/3 of your skill lies in your taphand and your perception so it's natural that it suddenly feels as if mouse was easy but you just improved on other things.
Topic Starter
Nantakuuu

Endaris wrote:

dpi is mostly up to preference but yours is so high that I really think that it will cost you control in the end.

2/3 of your skill lies in your taphand and your perception so it's natural that it suddenly feels as if mouse was easy but you just improved on other things.
The thing is, I don't have a big mouse pad, the reason why 400dpi and 2.5 sens worked for me on CSGO was because i lower CSGO's resolution to 1024x768

On osu, i play my full monitor resolution which is 1920x1080. Having anything lower than 1.5sens makes my mouse too slow.
Yuudachi-kun
At rank 218k I don't think there's much of a difference between "performing better"
pandaBee
Youre probably shit at both so youd probably get similar results playing with your feet

Aint that weird
Topic Starter
Nantakuuu

pandaBee wrote:

Youre probably shit at both so youd probably get similar results playing with your feet

Aint that weird
Wow aren't you salty, i can almost taste the salt through my screen.
Topic Starter
Nantakuuu

Kheldragar wrote:

At rank 218k I don't think there's much of a difference between "performing better"
everyone gotta start somewhere, don't tell me you were born to play osu and you're born a high ranker...
Yuudachi-kun

Nantakuuu wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

everyone gotta start somewhere, don't tell me you were born to play osu and you're born a high ranker...
The start of the graph is before I got my tablet with only 500,000 hits

pandaBee
We have an edit function newfriend
dung eater
0,5 to 2 times osu! horizontal resolution as dpi is pretty common at 1x sensitivity multipliers

You'd have a 'mouse area' of 2 to 0,5 inches in horizontal dimension and 2,7 to 0,7 inches in vertical dimension
5,1 to 1,3 cm horiz; 6,8 to 1.7 cm vert
otoed1
I play 500 dpi 1.05 sens its all preference.
Deva
Top tablet players would be as good with mouse so its not weird. Theres a valid reason why people say it doesnt matter if you use tablet or mouse.
Yuudachi-kun

HK_ wrote:

Top tablet players would be as good with mouse so its not weird.
How? If they switched right now? If they chose to use a mouse instead? Where do you get this from?
pandaBee

HK_ wrote:

Top tablet players would be as good with mouse so its not weird. Theres a valid reason why people say it doesnt matter if you use tablet or mouse.
True. Tablet users are all hipsters.
Insyni
Not at all, you're not at the point where you have to move your mouse 16 different directions at once.

No clue how the high ranked mouse players do it.
pandaBee

Insyni wrote:

Not at all, you're not at the point where you have to move your mouse 16 different directions at once.

I can move my mouse in an infinite amount of directions and that's not even my final form.
E m i

Insyni wrote:

can you explain?
Deva

Kheldragar wrote:

HK_ wrote:

Top tablet players would be as good with mouse so its not weird.
How? If they switched right now? If they chose to use a mouse instead? Where do you get this from?
I didnt mean that their performance would be good the same second they picked up the mouse but in a day or so they will get on their tablet level.
Its a secret ;)

pandaBee wrote:

HK_ wrote:

True. Tablet users are all hipsters.
<3
Endaris

Nantakuuu wrote:

Endaris wrote:

The thing is, I don't have a big mouse pad, the reason why 400dpi and 2.5 sens worked for me on CSGO was because i lower CSGO's resolution to 1024x768

On osu, i play my full monitor resolution which is 1920x1080. Having anything lower than 1.5sens makes my mouse too slow.
Uh...lower your resolution then?
And you absolutely don't need a big mousepad for 1600dpi*1,2 sens. I'm using 720 dpi*1 sens on 1440x900 and i'd be fine with a mousepad that was half as big as mine is. Your gameplay area isn't quite twice as big as mine is but your sensitivity is 4 times as high.
I'm not saying that my settings are the best but it's in the measure of what's used by the top mouseplayers which ranges from ~400dpi to ~2000dpi. You might stick to what you're using now(there are even ppl who use higher dpi) but the general consens is that lower dpi gives you more control which is more valuable in osu!(and most other games) than a little extra of jumpingspeed as you will also develop a good speed with low dpi.
You might also just get a bigger mousepad, the good ones aren't that expensive.
Insyni

[ Momiji ] wrote:

Insyni wrote:

can you explain?
For example if you have a series somewhat short sliders (just long enough that you have to move your mouse along the slider) in very quick succession while being spread out like jumps and facing different directions.

Like the (Extra) version of https://osu.ppy.sh/b/611751
FieryLight
Yeah... I'm with Endaris, you don't need a big mouse pad. I play 1600 DPI 1.0x sens and all my movements and I move like an inch and a half at most to go from anywhere to anywhere (well, displacement, not distance). Unless you've got horrible mouse acceleration, you should be fine on any small mousepad.