forum

Monster Hunter series - help, showcases, & more!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Azure_Kite
Sure, I can play for a bit. I kinda left my charger at my mother's house though, so if I go flat, I go flat.

Hall ID: 32-5645-3790-5445
Passcode: 9876
PyaKura
aaah fug homework for now, here I come ;-;

Edit : Molten Tiggy hurts so much, it's a miracle I survived to his roar even though I had blastblight on me :O
Also soz Azure, I kept forgetting my Dusts xD
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Was out all day up till now... ugh...

Hao2schedule
-Maus-
Let's get some chat or stuff, scheduling a match on forums sucks ;v
Critical Dude
Molten Tigrex is so fun to hunt, but it's annoying to have your team mates faint or just drop out.
I ended up friending over 50 people in MH4U.
Azure_Kite

Critical Dude wrote:

Molten Tigrex is so fun to hunt, but it's annoying to have your team mates faint or just drop out.
I ended up friending over 50 people in MH4U.
Hahah, I was playing with Pyakura yesterday, unfortunately the ball dropped right at the end. We were going really well, then I fainted. Max Potion'd, Pyakura fainted. Got back into the ring with Molten Tiggy, Tiggy steamrolled me, giving us our final faint.

THE BASTARD THEN PROCEEDS TO LIMP AWAY FROM MY BATTERED CORPSE.

I have added a lot of friends through MH4U as well. It's gotten to the stage I had to delete some of them to make room for local friends/3DS users. Which is a shame. The 100 person limit should really be expanded IMO.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I've already had over 70 before MH4U, so it's way more of a pain to sort out inactives for me...

Anyway, maybe a Skype group or something? What do you all prefer? (Because I hardly go on osu! in-game anymore.)
PyaKura
@Azure : Hahaha actually at base I was looking for a max pot in my inventory then remembered that I had used it in the middle of the fight well before we fainted. So if it weren't you it would most likely have been me xD

I'm all up for a Skype group as it is really the only place I'm on constantly, be it on my phone/ipad/PC. Anything else is fine as well though.
Azure_Kite
Yeah, I'm rarely on Skype itself, but I have most of your FC's. If you're playing I'll try and drop in :P
PyaKura
My skype name is on my profile, feel free to add me anytime.
PyaKura
Hey anyone up for some hunting in ~3 hours ?
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Sorry... I'll be busy all day...
PyaKura
D: Timezones aaaa
PyaKura
I'm up if anyone feels like playing.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Recently got a new game (well... technically two), sooooooooooooooooooo...
PyaKura
... Good job reminding me I still have to get Xenoblade ;-;
-Maus-
Nerscylla set for Gunner looks op af, will need to hunt it 10 times cos I want it all
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
The Gunner set I'm currently using is pretty OP for a mixed set. Though it mostly copies gaijinhunter's, I had to swap out the Head piece for something that actually had Evasion since I lacked a good Talisman.
-Maus-
Is Ner Bustergun a good pick for Gore Magala? :F
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Personally, I'd prefer a status weapon that can handle Sleep, Paralysis, and Poison (the last being optional depending on the monster), though for Gore Magala (and for a majority of the rest) I just straight-up attacked it with its Elemental weaknesses (Fire, Thunder, Dragon, in this case) along with the appropriate <Element> Atk +3 skill. It's not exactly slow-moving, but its attacks are predictable enough to dodge... most of the time.
-Maus-

Blazevoir wrote:

Personally, I'd prefer a status weapon that can handle Sleep, Paralysis, and Poison (the last being optional depending on the monster), though for Gore Magala (and for a majority of the rest) I just straight-up attacked it with its Elemental weaknesses (Fire, Thunder, Dragon, in this case) along with the appropriate <Element> Atk +3 skill. It's not exactly slow-moving, but its attacks are predictable enough to dodge... most of the time.
Ner Bustergun does the status ones, Bone Shooter and Arzuros Gun do the Flaming bullets :F
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
From what I saw, it doesn't handle Paralysis.

Well whatever; your choice. I don't use HBG's, so I can't recommend anything for that weapon anyway.

EDIT: So this is apparently a thing in Japan:

Azure_Kite

At 27:46. May the hype train commence it's journey. It looks like Pokke and Yukumo village will be available locations in this game.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Here's the non-Direct version (not to say the Direct itself wasn't interesting, but anyway):

PyaKura
HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE :D

SnS just got 10 times more epic.
Is that a evade attack for the DS ?
That GS air attack omg.
Pole vaulting with a LBG and Genkidama with HBG/GL ? YES PLEASE.

AAAAAAAAH THIS IS TOO MUCH

Edit : I just hope they don't break the balance between hunters (also preys to monsters) and monsters. I mean you have super moves and all but you shouldn't just become superman and wreck monsters' faces like they are nothing but toys. If it's at least as painstaking as charging your CB to use your super burst then I don't mind.

You might also want to take a look at GH's video :

-Maus-
How 2 gather armor stonez
Azure_Kite

Transformau5 wrote:

How 2 gather armor stonez
- Low Rank Dahren Mohran DLC Quest has a 20ish% chance of dropping Armor Stones each run.
- Play G-rank Guild quests between 80-100 iirc.
-Maus-
Dahren prepare ur anus then
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
More details on Monster Hunter Cross via Gaijin Hunter:

BUBBLES FTW!
PyaKura
That bubble monster looks like a slick R.Ludroth.

I'm pretty interested by that huge mammoth-like monster. He doesn't look like anything we've got so far in MH. Also dem hunting styles. By the sound of it I'd say I'd go what he calls the technical/opportunistic style as this is how I tend to play but I can't wait to know more about them. The aerial style looks real neat.

Oh and this is the first time ever I'm seeing the village from MH1 lol
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

PyaKura wrote:

That bubble monster looks like a slick R.Ludroth.
Fun fact: some people are already nicknaming it Bubbles (like how Seregios is Steve).

Oh and this is the first time ever I'm seeing the village from MH1 lol
Same.
PyaKura
White Fatty DLC tomorrow yay
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Anyone else agree?

PyaKura
I rarely ever have problems with Konshus but yeah lol

Also anyone who might be up for some MH poke me in osu! or on Skype (pyakura)
Critical Dude
Just hearing about Monster Hunter Stories, Spirits and X is making my mind... *_*

And yh Konchus were very annoying, I no longer have a problem with them now.
I hated it whenever I got knocked off a cliff by a Konchu as soon as I finished climbing it.
PyaKura

Critical Dude wrote:

I hated it whenever I got knocked off a cliff by a Konchu as soon as I finished climbing it.
They left that task to the Remobras for me.
-Maus-
Can anyone help me get 1 Rathian Ruby? I need it for Queen's Scionfire Heavy Bowgun upgrade ;w;
-Maus-
I was doing that Monoblos Dune quest, I dropped his HP and I was about to reload when he started charging at me, I was gonna die and then a Bnahabara just randomly stung him and he died LMAO
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I've had something like that happen to me before on MH3U. I think I was fighting a Rathalos, and it died via a Jaagi.

YES. A JAAGI. AKA THE MOST BASIC OF MONSTERS.
PyaKura
Never had that happening to me, but it reminds me of that vid with the Konchu taking down a charging Diablos for sure.
show more