forum

[Taiko] Reverse Note mod.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +18
Topic Starter
Chamelo
There's this thread but it was somewhere in the completed request sub-for, 5 years ago.

Don becomes Kat.
Kat becomes Don.
Simple. ;)

There's this mod in the "Taiko no Tatsujin" arcade machine. then, I thought "why not add it to osu!" and.. here I am, purposing it.

It can either makes the game easier or harder depends on the certain song. So, I'd say we should go with unrankedfor safety's sake.
Come on, osu!mania have "Random" mod. Why not add more fun to taiko mode? :D

If you have any suggestion please post it! I'd like to hear them! :)
_xavo
Conor
_xavo
Remyria
Sounds very interesting idea :3
OzzyOzrock
Abekobe mod would be fun.
Bramble
As a taiko player, I can definitely say that this would confuse the hell out of me. If we had it though, I wouldn't exactly ignore it. It would probably need to be an unranked mod, but the idea is definitely interesting. . .
ziin
you can do this already with a skin and changing your hotkeys.

BrambleClaw:
this is like hard rock for standard mode or a "mirror" mode for mania. It doesn't change the way you read the song, it just completely inverts the song (your fingers will press the opposite key). The only side effect would likely be that it turns a don heavy song into a kat heavy song.
drum drum

ziin wrote:

you can do this already with a skin and changing your hotkeys.

BrambleClaw:
this is like hard rock for standard mode or a "mirror" mode for mania. It doesn't change the way you read the song, it just completely inverts the song (your fingers will press the opposite key). The only side effect would likely be that it turns a don heavy song into a kat heavy song.
you can't change the note color with a skin though

i mean you can use a colored hitcircle but that isn't what they want
ziin

drum drum wrote:

i mean you can use a colored hitcircle
That combined with hitcircle overlay might not let you get the color exact, but I imagine you could make do. I'll have to crunch the numbers a bit.
OzzyOzrock
the inverted keys and colors is an idea i never thought of
ziin

OzzyOzrock wrote:

the inverted keys and colors is an idea i never thought of
You can definitely change the blue to a reddish color, but I think the red would be changed to a yellow/puke color.