forum

Other Rhythm Games with Editor

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
roufou
Yo guys, idk how lengthy I should make this post but I wanted some ideas for rhythm games where you can use an editor to implement songs with your own charts besides osu!

I know stepmania exists but I'll be honest, trying both the DDReam and the stepmania editor it really doesn't seem fun and more frustrating, unlike the osu! editor. also LR2/BMS exists but that's more for making your own songs, I think o2jam has one too?

Basically the reason I ask this is cause I really don't see the point in mapping for osu! right now, at least without going for rank, I could make a little rant but I won't. I kinda felt like making a rhythm game but programming is 2hard, however if there is some engine for rhythm games with an editor and additionally unlock system that would be neat.

Also please refrain from suggesting stuff like Guitar Hero, while I know the option exists I would prefer some sort of free downloadable (I guess browser run could be okay too?) computer game or something

not entirely sure if this warrants an own thread but y'know, that's just how I roll

tl;dr: help me find rhythm games with an editor, similiar to osu!

EDIT: crap, if a mod wants you could merge this with the other rhythm games topic that was recently made
nickle7654
I suggest k-shoot MANIA. Although it's kinda hard to figure out, once you do, it can be very fun. Azer plays it on his YouTube channel, and he is a god. K-shoot MANIA and its editor are to separate .exe files, but you should figure that out. Look up on reddit how to download it, they have a tutorial there. :D
Azure_Kite
I wish I still had box's source code. I learnt a valuable lesson never to do things without Version Control because of it. :(

It was a mashup of Sequence and osu!, where you'd use A and D to rotate a "box" left and right, with hitcircles appearing on each face. T'was weird, although no more.

Renevant

Azure_Kite wrote:

I wish I still had box's source code. I learnt a valuable lesson never to do things without Version Control because of it. :(

It was a mashup of Sequence and osu!, where you'd use A and D to rotate a "box" left and right, with hitcircles appearing on each face. T'was weird, although no more.

That looks so cool.
SirRiK
Frets On Fire or Phase Shift ???