forum

should i bother experiementing for a 2-3 days about this

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Stickman92
R=Ring I=Index M=middle F=Finger

I recently heard of people playing with their RF and IF but i play with my MF and IF. I got curious about whether I should try to switch for 2-3 days and play with my RF and IF. I am a full alternating player and yeah as you see but my profile i don't have much experience with the game. Note I trained my MF and IF to do around 130 long BPM streams so they have more endurance than my RF.
EDIT: i should say just for fingerspeed and endurance in https://osu.ppy.sh/b/207567&m=0 I go past 120bpm but not 140bpm so i just said 130bpm.
Flanster
Moved to G&R.
ithgyu
literally no benefit to change
Miko

II Jelli II wrote:

literally no benefit to change
It could change some things as the ring finger for me is slightly longer than the pointer/index, but it probably doesn't make a difference much.
Endaris
Technically ring+index will allow you to move your fingers more independent as middle+index has a heavier feedback on the other finger involved due to the middle being longer than your index.
That feedback can be helpful though as it gets easier to have your fingers in sync in terms of timing.
Personally I started out middle+index too and switched to ring+index later but I could swap back to middle+index right now and do anything just as well as with ring+index except for longer streams.
So yeah, experimenting makes sense but aside from streamstamina (and I don't think you should be playing anything with streams yet) you can probably switch back any time within a few days.
pandaBee
I think most people use index/middle finger. Why not stick to that if you're comfortable with it?
Yuudachi-kun
Comfy != best

That is why we have bad habits.
pandaBee

Kheldragar wrote:

Comfy != best

If he's doing something standard AND it's comfortable for him then it's good. It's not like he's doing something crazy like using his first unborn child as K1 and his erect penis as k2.

I'm drunk. Pretend that I was talking about fingers and not keys.
ZenithPhantasm

Endaris wrote:

Technically ring+index will allow you to move your fingers more independent as middle+index has a heavier feedback on the other finger involved due to the middle being longer than your index.
That feedback can be helpful though as it gets easier to have your fingers in sync in terms of timing.
Personally I started out middle+index too and switched to ring+index later but I could swap back to middle+index right now and do anything just as well as with ring+index except for longer streams.
So yeah, experimenting makes sense but aside from streamstamina (and I don't think you should be playing anything with streams yet) you can probably switch back any time within a few days.
My ring finger is significantly longer than my index finger.Am I special?
pandaBee

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Am I special?
You are to me.
ZenithPhantasm

pandaBee wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Am I special?
You are to me.
B-b-baka
FieryLight
I thought about this when I was just starting too. According to my friends who play the piano, Index + Middle would be best overall.
Yuudachi-kun

pandaBee wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Comfy != best

If he's doing something standard AND it's comfortable for him then it's good. It's not like he's doing something crazy like using his first unborn child as K1 and his erect penis as k2.

I'm drunk. Pretend that I was talking about fingers and not keys.
I know in this case it's only about pressing keys with fingers, but I'm still sick of the people who think that comfy = best when it's not in some cases.
Nyxa
You can experiment if you want but I doubt it'll do much for you. Experimenting isn't bad as long as you can dose it right.

Hey guys I discovered the spoiler option let's use it in every post I make for no reason whatsoever
ZenithPhantasm

Tess wrote:

Hey guys I discovered the spoiler option let's use it in every post I make for no reason whatsoever
You suck at it
Nyxa
Using spoilertags is a skill now
Barusamikosu
I guess spoilers serve their purpose in hiding very off-topic comments.

There probably isn't much else to do with it here since you can't spoil a game like osu!

(ex) Spoilers: Someday you will improve and get lots of PP. Just kidding
Topic Starter
Stickman92
I tried to do it my my ring finger has alot less endurance than my index and if i tried to train my ring finger than my alternating would become uneven and eventually a bad habit that will screw me over in the long run (this was a long sentence). My index and ring finger are the same size of if i decided to do that at the start of osu then that would probably be good.
I can do it also :)
GoldenWolf
I've always been using middle+index fingers since I use a keyboard, however I tried ring+index every once in a blue moon; it felt a bit weird at first, but I didn't notice any real difference honestly, can use both equally well

middle+ring is kill tho