forum

[Archived] osu!client is really buggy when opened

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kankri
Hello, I am having problems with my osu!client, it happens to be that it's really buggy and has very nasty lag when I open it, this happened when I had updated my osu!client.

Screenshot of the problem: http://puu.sh/hMUmh/3ad4af6613.jpg

My osu!client's version is 20150514.10beta
peppy
what graphics card?
Topic Starter
Kankri

peppy wrote:

what graphics card?
My graphic card is ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics
peppy
What you are seeing suggests that your graphics card is only supporting opengl 1.1, which doesn't seem correct. Are you running the latest drivers?
Topic Starter
Kankri

peppy wrote:

What you are seeing suggests that your graphics card is only supporting opengl 1.1, which doesn't seem correct. Are you running the latest drivers?

Yes, I've recently checked that it was up-to-date.
OSUjanaiKATSURAda
(Duplicate Post)

Problem Details: after i updated to the last update the game freeze and only shows the lower left part like this
my pc specs are ( low ) = no graphics card, just the integrated
Platform : Windows 8.1

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
I use only DirectX as a Renderer ( i got to back to Stable so its Working now ) :|

Help pls

osu! version: 20150410.2beta
O2MasterFX
Apperently, not all graphic cards fully support OpenGL.
Probably you should keep DirectX as main renderer for the next stable update, or add option for it.

My VGA driver is updated but it produce delays, around 20-30 ms.
peppy
You will need to get drivers which support it, since we aren't supporting direct x going forward. All graphics cards support opengl.
ptar124
Hmm, weird, I usually have only nasty lags and bugs on DirectX but none on OpenGL. But DirectX give me better FPS in Taiko so I switch between two when I play Taiko and Standard. Hope that helps, try switching around, see what happens.
OSUjanaiKATSURAda

peppy wrote:

You will need to get drivers which support it, since we aren't supporting direct x going forward. All graphics cards support opengl.
How to get drivers which support DirectX and What drivers pls ?
(Im sure i ll not be able to buy Graphicscard)
abraker

OSUjanaiKATSURAda wrote:

How to get drivers which support DirectX and What drivers pls ?
What is your graphics card?
OSUjanaiKATSURAda

abraker wrote:

What is your graphics card?
I Dont think I have a graphiccard Since its the integrated one with pc ( im already suffering of laggy/limited Gameplay
peppy
Please switch to cutting edge and bring yourself to the latest version. You should then have a file in your osu! directory called gl_info.txt.

Post the contents of that file for me.
Sandalot
GPU: GeForce GTX 970 (Driver Version 350.12)
Osu Version: b20150515.1cuttingedge
Osu Renderer: OpenGL

Screenshots:
http://i.imgur.com/cvKGzLN.png
http://i.imgur.com/boXGR7A.png (With screen artifacts)

GL Version:                 1.1.0
GL Renderer: GDI Generic
GL Shader Language version:
GL Vendor: Microsoft Corporation
GL Extensions: GL_WIN_swap_hint GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_paletted_texture

The issue is also present in osu!beta (20150514.10)
Also, the FPS is super low (I'd say about 5-10FPS)
peppy
Could you please check what version of nvidia drivers you have installed? It would seem they are faulty.
peppy
@Sir_Sandalot: are you able to install ftp://ftp2.realtech-vr.com/realtechv/pub/glview435.exe and export the results?

Here's a video showing how to export the file: http://puu.sh/hO0S0/fb676c7114.mp4
OSUjanaiKATSURAda
Here is the contents :

GL Version:                 1.1.0
GL Renderer: GDI Generic
GL Shader Language version:
GL Vendor: Microsoft Corporation
GL Extensions: GL_WIN_swap_hint GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_paletted_texture
Sandalot

peppy wrote:

Could you please check what version of nvidia drivers you have installed? It would seem they are faulty.
I run a clean install and updated to version 350.12 (The latest version available to me)

peppy wrote:

@Sir_Sandalot: are you able to install ftp://ftp2.realtech-vr.com/realtechv/pub/glview435.exe and export the results?
http://pastebin.com/aakxWPN9
peppy
@OSUjanaiKATSURAda: Could you also run the application I linked above?
peppy
Thanks for your help, we will look into this further!
OSUjanaiKATSURAda

peppy wrote:

@OSUjanaiKATSURAda: Could you also run the application I linked above?
Hmmm ... This ?
peppy
Please test the latest cutting edge build and see if it's any better!

(b20150515.4cuttingedge)
Sandalot
Didn't work http://i.imgur.com/t7hhx1a.png for me
Is there anything we can do on our end, like list any dependencies versions or update them?
OSUjanaiKATSURAda
Same ...
abraker

Sir_Sandalot wrote:

<info>
Read this, it would explain a lot.

To quote:
There’s trouble a-swirling in graphics land. To make a long story short, Nvidia was recently forced to admit that the way the GeForce GTX 970 handles its 4GB memory allocation is… unorthodox, to say the least. The GPU actually taps into two separate memory pools: A primary, full-speed segment of 3.5GB, and a secondary, far slower 512MB segment. In cases where games need more than 3.5GB of RAM, some users saw stuttering and frame rate wonkiness as the GPU accessed the 512MB segment.
Sandalot

abraker wrote:

Sir_Sandalot wrote:

<info>
Read this, it would explain a lot.

To quote:
There’s trouble a-swirling in graphics land. To make a long story short, Nvidia was recently forced to admit that the way the GeForce GTX 970 handles its 4GB memory allocation is… unorthodox, to say the least. The GPU actually taps into two separate memory pools: A primary, full-speed segment of 3.5GB, and a secondary, far slower 512MB segment. In cases where games need more than 3.5GB of RAM, some users saw stuttering and frame rate wonkiness as the GPU accessed the 512MB segment.
I am aware of this but it's not only the Nvidia cards having this issue (the osu bug).

Kasha wrote:

My graphic card is ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics
Are you telling me that the issue can't be fixed because of Nvidia's decision, or that it's a possible that my card is the cause of the problem?
peppy
The memory allocation issue has nothing to do with this. We are confident we can get osu! working on all hardware.

For those of you experiencing this problem: do you have an opengl game that you are able to run that you can name here? If you happen to have quake 3 lying around (or a means of obtaining it), that would also be a great test.

I am confident all other opengl titles will run flawlessly.
Nabile
Sandalot
I had no issue running Q3
OSUjanaiKATSURAda
i have never played any game on Pc only osu .
peppy
That's dedication.
peppy
Please provide the contents of gl_info.txt again on the latest cutting edge build. I have added an extra line to the output.
peppy
Update: please extract and drag this dll into your osu! folder (ONLY if this issue affects you): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16332218/OpenTK.zip

Then please send me opentk_debug.txt after running osu! once.
show more