forum

Random Conversation on Many Topics

posted
Total Posts
show more
silmarilen
the only person with the power to allow any person into any kool kids klub is zelda.
Mahogany
wat was thread pls
Trash Boat

silmarilen wrote:

the only person with the power to allow any person into any kool kids klub is zelda.
Nah, she's only the CEO of the Tri-Golden Cool Kids Club.
Shohei Ohtani
>Trash Boat mod

Not until I get OT Mod
Aurani
If Boat gets to be a mod, I'll get to replace Eph. Not that I'd ever get that chance, or want it - which is the whole point.
Kappa FrankerZ
i will get ot mod before trash bot
Trash Boat

CDFA wrote:

>Trash Boat mod

Not until I get OT Mod
Manage to defeat You-Know-Who and we are done.
Shohei Ohtani
ok call me back in 5 years
Friendan

Trash Boat wrote:

Manage to defeat You-Know-Who and we are done.
literally who?
Trash Boat
The guy who was making CDFA's BAT/BN life impossible
Friendan

Trash Boat wrote:

I'm guessing Hollow Wings, because she refuses to listen to anyone, creates horrbile maps, and gets ranked by Chinese BNs because they auto rank just because the person is Chinese?

Trash Boat wrote:

The guy
oh wait nvm
Yuudachi-kun
I like hollow wings maps wtf
bigfeh

Friendan wrote:

Trash Boat wrote:

I'm guessing Hollow Wings, because she refuses to listen to anyone, creates horrbile maps, and gets ranked by Chinese BNs because they auto rank just because the person is Chinese?

Trash Boat wrote:

The guy
oh wait nvm
"guy" can also be used to refer to a feminine subject
Friendan

Kheldragar wrote:

how is this good?
quoting because I don't wanna write an essay
quote by jesse1412 on leddit
Because they're one of the few sources of hard maps and they have nothing in them that feels good. They ride on being difficult and not much else. It's most probably because of the rise in "ugly" maps that play like gold, people want the style of map where everything just seems to work without them thinking much about what's happening (like fanzhen maps).
I personally hate his high slider velocity abuse and awkward jumps. To add to that, there's nothing specifically that makes me want to play his maps other than "they're hard". Mix all of the disliked parts of his maps with the mediocre parts and everyone will focus on the parts they dislike.
B1rd
How is it not good? It's just a different style. You should be glad there are mappers doing something different and that they're not all the same.
DeletedUser_3905941
hw's mapping style is just ctrl+v over and over again though
gives a new term to the word overmapped. and of course all of the new players that can't get within 10 seconds of the map without dying instantly call the map brilliant. i mean fuck some retarded german guy called that torrent map art
chinese mapping is just a bunch of bullshit altogether
B1rd
Then there's the players who can't get within in ten seconds of the map but still go around repeating the same overused lines they've heard from other players such as 'HW's maps are just ctrl+v spam'
DeletedUser_3905941
yeah maybe you're right, but it still doesn't change the fact that anyone can open the editor and clearly see the copy pasta everything
bigfeh

RedPanda wrote:

yeah maybe you're right, but it still doesn't change the fact that anyone can open the editor and clearly see the copy pasta everything
"yeah, you're right, but it doesn't change the fact that you're wrong, because I'm right and since you disagree with me, anyone can clearly see you're wrong"
DeletedUser_3905941
these rebuttals could be instantly redirected to you however
bigfeh

RedPanda wrote:

except it couldn't for a couple reasons

the two most important of which are 1. my post was written in English, not retard, and 2. that wasn't the idea I was trying to convey with my post

just further proves my theory about your intellect
Bweh

bigfeh wrote:

RedPanda wrote:

the two most important of which are 1. my post was written in English, not retard, and 2. that wasn't the idea I was trying to convey with my post

"Hahaha, I think I'm a smart guy so I'll just focus on insulting the other party's intellect instead of progressing the discussion."

To actually focus on the topic at hand, I don't think the Ctrl+V stuff matters much. It may be a point to say that HW is lazy or that the maps are dull, but I see that with some mappers and while I can't say it's a good thing, it's not really what makes Hollow Wings' maps so off-putting.

B1rd wrote:

How is it not good? It's just a different style. You should be glad there are mappers doing something different and that they're not all the same.
Friendan already quoted something explaining why it's not good.

I do like experimentation in maps and I've seen the benefits of it in a lot of modern maps with RLC, fanzhen, and Skystar just to name a few, but I can't specifically say HW's stuff is any good. Yeah, there are mappers that will bring variety and some damn fun maps with that too, but being different won't make it good and, as a result, good.
bigfeh

Brian OA wrote:

bigfeh wrote:

"Hahaha, I think I'm a smart guy so I'll just focus on insulting the other party's intellect instead of progressing the discussion."

To actually focus on the topic at hand, I don't think the Ctrl+V stuff matters much. It may be a point to say that HW is lazy or that the maps are dull, but I see that with some mappers and while I can't say it's a good thing, it's not really what makes Hollow Wings' maps so off-putting.

B1rd wrote:

Friendan already quoted something explaining why it's not good.

I do like experimentation in maps and I've seen the benefits of it in a lot of modern maps with RLC, fanzhen, and Skystar just to name a few, but I can't specifically say HW's stuff is any good. Yeah, there are mappers that will bring variety and some damn fun maps with that too, but being different won't make it good and, as a result, good.
He tried making a point and when someone disagreed, instead of showing an argument he spit some bullshit and that was it. Did it again when I shoved it to his face

As for experimentation, I need to agree that different doesn't necessarily mean good, but I usually see peculiar but good maps from mappers like fanzhen, val, bd (back when he used to map) and skystar. I'm a big fan of fycho, whose maps are a bit jumpy (I guess some people would see a problem in that, idk). rlc, scv and guy also have good maps
Bweh
Maybe don't shove at his face next time.
E m i
bigfeh is just bad at rhetoric :^)
B1rd
Well 'good' is a subjective thing. But personally I like a lot of HW's maps, her low CS maps have a unique flow and are interesting to play. And I think that some of her less controversial lower difficulties are quite good, take this one for example, one of my favourite maps. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/676922
bigfeh

Brian OA wrote:

well yeah, some people really need/deserve that

[ Momiji ] wrote:

no I'm not :(
Nathan

Friendan wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

how is this good?
I don't see any objective issues with this map. The movements, spacing, and paterns correlate with the intensity of the song correctly. Aesthetically it seems quite organized and structured, especially for an extra difficulty (imo).

man that difficulty was actually well made

also I love chinese mappers

come at me
Topic Starter
Meadow Star
This really got off-topic, but that fine by me. :)
VINXIS

sukiNathan wrote:

Friendan wrote:

how is this good?
I don't see any objective issues with this map. The movements, spacing, and paterns correlate with the intensity of the song correctly. Aesthetically it seems quite organized and structured, especially for an extra difficulty (imo).

man that difficulty was actually well made

also I love chinese mappers

come at me

nice opinions guis xddd

Friendan u kno that ur quote from jesse is entirely subjective right. He's stating why he doesn't like it. He doesn't state anything that HW does wrong in any technicality it's just opinion

like how i think this thread should be l o c k e d
Trash Boat

bigfeh wrote:

[ Momiji ] wrote:

no I'm not :(
Sadly, we know you well enough to state it.
Factorial
Bweh

bigfeh wrote:

Brian OA wrote:

well yeah, some people really need/deserve that
If you've failed to get your point across, maybe you just need to change your approach.

Doctor Whooves wrote:

This really got off-topic, but that fine by me. :)

VINXIS wrote:

Friendan u kno that ur quote from jesse is entirely subjective right. He's stating why he doesn't like it. He doesn't state anything that HW does wrong in any technicality it's just opinion

like how i think this thread should be l o c k e d
You're not exactly bringing anything new to the table here. Arguing about the quality of creative mediums (in this case, mapping) will always be subjective once you get beyond blaring, annoying mistakes. If there would be any objectively bad mapping it would have to have mistakes like poor timing or something along those lines.

Either way, it's not like subjective means nothing. You can always justify an opinion on something. For example, if you have an opinion that says that you think this thread should be l o c k e d, it would be based on something like rules or guidelines which I may or may not be aware of.

Honestly though, I see no reason to lock this.
Friendan

VINXIS wrote:

Friendan u kno that ur quote from jesse is entirely subjective right.
Wow, I sure do love playing off-beat random triplet notes that are unsnapped and have no flow what so ever. It's subjectively objective if know what I'm getting at.
deadbeat
ITT: deadbeat appreciation
Bweh
Praise
Aurani
Why the shit were you arguing about beatmap quality. It's ENTIRELY subjective, end of story.

Dadfeet Akbar.
B1rd

Aurani wrote:

Why the shit were you arguing about beatmap quality. It's ENTIRELY subjective, end of story.
Entirely subjective? Not really. It's a bit like art, once it starts to degenerate into almost literal piles of shit on the floor, the subjectivity argument loses a bit of its merit.

oh and yes, praise deadbeat indeed
Bweh

Aurani wrote:

Yes, and?

Yeah, end of the day it's just about I like it or I don't like it but that doesn't mean it can't be discussed.
silmarilen
all hail lord dadbeard
show more