forum

Hypernite Industries - Speedcore 300 [OsuMania]

posted
Total Posts
show more
shionelove

Redon wrote:

The audio quality honestly is awful and riddled with compression artifacts, use this instead: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/270 ... ore300.mp3

Source: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/253170
mp3 thing:mp3 quality is in 128~192kbps,so this map shouldn't get DQ with this reason.
but if this map get DQ with another reason,mapper can change mp3

Source:he PMed me with http://thirdstyle.com/
i thought this is correct source

anyway,thanks for your feedback
Redon

shionelove wrote:

mp3 thing:mp3 quality is in 128~192kbps,so this map shouldn't get DQ with this reason.
but if this map get DQ with another reason,mapper can change mp3
Bitrate isn't a guarantee for a certain level of audio quality. For example, if you were to re-encode a 64kbps file to 128kbps, it would not sound any better. The included audio file is just a really shitty encode regardless of bitrate with clearly audible distortions throughout the song, most noticeable at 0:26 - 0:39, 0:45 - 0:53 and 1:18 - 1:43.

When I encode the original file at 128kbps, it sounds miles better than the audio file in the mapset. It doesn't have to be that way.

As a reference: t/320007

shionelove wrote:

Source:he PMed me with http://thirdstyle.com/
i thought this is correct source
I don't know ThirdStyle, it seems to be another rhythm game where users make maps of songs like osu?
Either way, I didn't mean to say that the Source metadata was wrong, I meant to provide a link for where I got the audio file from. :P
The artist (HNI/Hypernite Industries) uploads their music to Newgrounds.
Jxyden_old
gd mp grtz n rnk
Topic Starter
PANDAAAAAAAA
Redon
also on FFR, o2jam and osu!mania

I personally wouldn't use a game as a source just because there is a fan-made map to the song in it, it would be like attributing a song to osu! because someone made a beatmap for it. This seems appropriate only if a song was specifically made for that game and is only known through it, like it is the case with Ryu☆ and kors k for bemani games.

That's a detail though, it's the audio quality that really bothers me. It's painful to listen to, and that's not the song. :D
-Rebecca-

Choofers wrote:

so why did this pile of garbage get ranked again
I don't see the hate on this map. Fairly playable, it's hard to map this type of song. Seems like an interesting form of Stepmania mapping to me, in my opinion. I definitely see Nowsmart's style here.

If you hate how it was mapped, and it gets disqualified, try modding it. There's no reason to just insult the map before even trying to help.

Congrats Nowsmart!
Topic Starter
PANDAAAAAAAA
If this map gets disqualify. help me mod this map and improve the quality of this map please. (i think i did my best already)
I see what are problems for now.
1.burst
i have seen this song from many games. all of them put notes for burst sounds like my map. (i follow them) and i think if i put notes for burst sounds only LN, it makes me bored. burst1 burst2 < but this is overmapped burst3
i think i put notes 1/8 for burst sound is challenging for players, but many players dislike this :(
2.SV
i follow O2Jam. but it's unreadable and not fun, so i re-SV from O2Jam map to softer than original. make it readable, follow the sounds, and fun to play. sorry if you don't like.
3.LN
i know some players don't like LN. my LN is not mustre, i follow the sounds. umm anyway i can't explain because some players really don't like LN. sorry.

and sorry for bad english.
Mei-chan_old_1
Why are you guys so mean :(
Shoegazer

nowsmart wrote:

If this map gets disqualify. help me mod this map and improve the quality of this map please. (i think i did my best already)
I see what are problems for now.
1.burst
i have seen this song from many games. all of them put notes for burst sounds like my map. (i follow them) and i think if i put notes for burst sounds only LN, it makes me bored. burst1 burst2 < but this is overmapped burst3
i think i put notes 1/8 for burst sound is challenging for players, but many players dislike this :(
2.SV
i follow O2Jam. but it's unreadable and not fun, so i re-SV from O2Jam map to softer than original. make it readable, follow the sounds, and fun to play. sorry if you don't like.
3.LN
i know some players don't like LN. my LN is not mustre, i follow the sounds. umm anyway i can't explain because some players really don't like LN. sorry.

and sorry for bad english.
Sure, I'll help out. I have no experience with modding - but I can give you points as to what you can improve if this map is DQ'd.

1. The third video is unarguably the best chart for Speedcore 300 - so I recommend following the structure of that. The biggest issue I had with your map is that the midsection (1:16:974 - 1:29:974) is extremely underwhelming in comparison to the rest of the map. There's nothing really "wrong" doing it the way that you did it, but making that section significantly harder would probably be the most preferable choice considering that it's also the most intense part of the track.

There's nothing wrong with having 1/8s (or 1/4 chords) in general, it's how you pattern them that matters more. There are a lot of areas where I feel that the 1/8s felt unnecessarily difficult. Areas like 1:03:374, 1:56:774 (this is more of a transition issue), 2:04:574 (this is also much harder than what it should be because of the note before it, the transition is extremely hard) are some areas that I could point out. I'd personally avoid patterns like [14][23][14][23] at those speeds; not many people can do 300 BPM one hand trills that well. That's one of the biggest issues of the map, if not the biggest to most people.

2. There's nothing wrong with the SVs to me, the slowdown in the intro might be a little bit excessive but it might just be me.

3. I know where the LNs are going to, I just don't think it's necessary. In the midsection it's almost as if you put the LNs to create difficulty, which is fine but probably not ideal considering that the main difficulty is jumptrilling at 300 BPM for the most part. It's usually more preferable to have a map that tests one skill in particular or have an equal emphasis on all of them. Speedcore 300 mainly tests wrist jacking, and the LNs throw a lot of people offguard, including myself.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask anything else that you're uncertain about.

EDIT: Source field should be empty - ThirdStyle isn't where the track was originated by any means, it was just mapped by someone in the community. Basically the equivalent of putting a track's source as StepMania because it's most well-known from there.
Makicchi
Gawd :<
17VA
For Anmitsu Players
Nanatsu
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/253170

probably it's real source where song composer uploaded it at first..

so.. it should be empty i guess
17VA
original song, composed in 2009 :

but "thirdstyle" the web rhythm game was created in 2010

so source is incorrect,

and some overmaps in extra :

01:42:174 - ~ 01:42:374 - there's no 1/8s except background noises.

01:54:874 (114874|0,114899|1,114924|2,114949|3) - ^

And Mp3 file, it's not a actual 128kbps file : (it can be a unrankable reasons?)

DL with newgrounds and rapping 128kbps (320->128kbps)

but your mp3 :

bandwidth in high-pitched tone's part is missing.

I think this mp3 file is originally ~96kbps
Lach
When someone drops by and comments on the audio quality, provides images detailing the upscaling of the file, as well as an alternative and undoubtedly higher quality track, you had better do something other than dismiss it.

You already have two reasons to disqualify it.

edit: lmao this storyboard i can't tell if it's serious
-Rebecca-

Lach wrote:

He said it was his first time making a storyboard. Can people like you just stop already? Don't insult it, instead explain how to improve it, or improve it yourself. This is a community driven system.
Lach

CrabCow wrote:

Lach wrote:

He said it was his first time making a storyboard. Can people like you just stop already? Don't insult it, instead explain how to improve it, or improve it yourself. This is a community driven system.
It was never my intention to insult anyone as I was under the impression that it was intentionally bad. The song is stupid, so I thought maybe the storyboard was supposed to be too.
-Rebecca-

Lach wrote:

It was never my intention to insult anyone as I was under the impression that it was intentionally bad. The song is stupid, so I thought maybe the storyboard was supposed to be too.
Well, I misunderstood you then, but it could have been worded better. There's just been a lot of hate flying around so I jumped to conclusions. I apologize.
Topic Starter
PANDAAAAAAAA
Thank for feedback, sorry gravechao. This map should disqualify :(
And what do you want? Please tell me after disqualify. I will fix it for you.
Lach

[ A v a l o n ] wrote:

sorry for my bad english :|
This would be the root of the problem.

His writing may come off as aggressive, but I wouldn't consider it explicitly unhelpful.
[ A v a l o n ]
:P
shionelove
Spy again gomi
Sorry for my mistake,because i gave bubble
Both,nowsmart and me,can improve mapping/modding skill
If you put any comment includes blame,they are better than silence

And Japanese always translate criticism as 批判,but i know this don't have bad meaning.

大体QATならいかなる"批判"にもしっかり返答しろ
お前は批判を鎮圧することしか出来ないのか?責任能力ないならQATやめろごみSpyが
Nanatsu
wat happened this thread
IamKwaN

shionelove wrote:

Spy again gomi
Sorry for my mistake,because i gave bubble
Both,nowsmart and me,can improve mapping/modding skill
If you put any comment includes blame,they are better than silence

And Japanese always translate criticism as 批判,but i know this don't have bad meaning.

大体QATならいかなる"批判"にもしっかり返答しろ
お前は批判を鎮圧することしか出来ないのか?責任能力ないならQATやめろごみSpyが
Hey, let's keep the thread clean and constructive without any attacks / insults, thanks.
There's nothing related to Spy or any other QATs in this map thread.
Please treat this as a caring warning, thank you.
Bad Apple
I don't understand why everyone is hating on Nowsmart and his map. -w-

It's his first very hard map, noone just started mapping and immediatly became a god at mapping.
Everyone is just saying what they don't like, why don't you tell him what he could do better?

I don't think this map is as bad as everyone says. It has some hard and rough parts, but that's why its rated 5*
LNs and fast bursts might not be fun to play, but that doesn't mean the map is shit ^-^
Topic Starter
PANDAAAAAAAA
Wait for new version of this map, i will do my best.
Gravey-

nowsmart wrote:

Thank for feedback, sorry gravechao. This map should disqualify :(
And what do you want? Please tell me after disqualify. I will fix it for you.
I'm so very sorry for what happened. :(
dionzz99
for Nowsmart...
they only hate the LN so just remove it..
others, they're fine
Frim4503
ah...-__-
i don't see this thread is moving forward
what i see just many people spamming in this thread

if this map get DQ i will try to help you Nowsmart :)
-Rebecca-

dionzz99 wrote:

for Nowsmart...
others, they're fine
People hate LN because half of them cannot play it. It'd be fine with LNs in my opinion.

We don't need LN free Stepmania maps. I think LNs are really important.
Shoegazer

dionzz99 wrote:

for Nowsmart...
others, they're fine
The LNs aren't the problem, I don't think anyone here really minds the LNs anywhere as much as the fact that the 1/8s are far harder than what they could be. The rest of the map is fine, most of my qualms with the LNs (and the map in general) are subjective and in the grand scheme of things irrelevant.

CrabCow wrote:

We don't need LN free Stepmania maps. I think LNs are really important.
I don't think anyone disagrees with the latter part of the statement. I feel that LNs create a different dimension of the game, but there are reasons why it's not used in 4K as much as other key modes; but that's a discussion for another time.
lemonguy
Idk why people seem to think that it's the lns that people hate (I mean every time people dislike a map, those who support the map will always blame it on 'ln hate'). It's the bursts and the transitions from the bursts that are the problem, they can really be improved on.
Topic Starter
PANDAAAAAAAA
Thank you everybody for feedback. Please wait and I hope you guys like my new version (you can tell me what you want)
Kamikaze
As for LN part, I think that it's too easy compared to rest of the map, imo you could make LNs harder and remove some notes to make it flow better
you don't need to remove all of them, but as Shoegazer said, either make it equally hard to the rest or focus on one thing
lemonguy

-Kamikaze- wrote:

As for LN part, I think that it's too easy compared to rest of the map, imo you could make LNs harder and remove some notes to make it flow better
you don't need to remove all of them, but as Shoegazer said, either make it equally hard to the rest or focus on one thing
I feel the ln part should instead be chord jacks or something of the sort, as it is the heaviest part of the song
Kamikaze

Gekido- wrote:

I feel the ln part should instead be chord jacks or something of the sort, as it is the heaviest part of the song
Yeah that works as well
dionzz99
somehow the 1/8 burst is what i like from this map
i don't hate the LN, they're fine to me.
I can't really help that much since i don't exactly know what's their problem. No need to explain it for me by the way..
paperlens

nowsmart wrote:

- remove storyboard
no need to remove storyboard m8, I think the storyboard now is good(or you can make it better) and those who dislike it can just click 'disable storyboard' ;)
Kamikaze
btw I gotta take notice that nowsmart, man I like your attitude. Even when so many pepole criticize you or even throw shit at you you just remain grown up and calmly analayze the situation. Keep on doing what you're doing dude, you have my full support!
-Rebecca-

-Kamikaze- wrote:

btw I gotta take notice that nowsmart, man I like your attitude. Even when so many pepole criticize you or even throw shit at you you just remain grown up and calmly analayze the situation. Keep on doing what you're doing dude, you have my full support!
Nowsmart is handling this like a champ, it's very inspiring.
Bad Apple

-Kamikaze- wrote:

Agreed, you really have my respect for how you react to everything! Please keep making maps no matter what people say! :)
show more