forum

Otakon 2015

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lust

What is Otakon?

Otakon is a convention held in Baltimore, Maryland. Held from July 24-26, Otakon is dedicated to celebrating Asian pop culture!

What up everybody, similar to last year's, this thread will mainly serve as a way to gauge interest in the con. No official meetups will be made yet, but of course if there are enough people going then I don't see why not. From what I've heard the general turn out will be pretty good, and should be quite a big con. If you are planning on going, then just post in the thread and I'll add you to the attendees list. If you have any ideas on a gathering of the sort, feel free to send me a message!

Attendence

1. dewero
  2. Lunarsakuya
  3. Lust
  4. Maxx
  5. meiikyuu
  6. MMzz
  7. Myrmeleo
  8. Renevant

Note that the pricing has changed for this year (read: increased), but the cost is well worth the investment. Of the most noticeable changes, badges can now be mailed to the registrant (for a fee, and limited to the first 10,000 badges that select it). A lot of the info regarding registration updates can be found here. You can also go ahead and register online for Otakon here.

Looking forward to seeing some faces from around here! If you have any questions about the con, feel free to send me a message and I'll see if I can answer it accordingly o/
MMzz
BE THERE

OR BE SQUARE
Gumpy

MMzz wrote:

BE THERE

OR BE SQUARE
i'm a square then
DeletedUser_3905941
my weeaboo girlfriend wants me to go so I guess I'll be there
Renevant
yay, I saw the last thread didnt get much attention.
Im glad you made one for this year too.
ill be going! :3
Maxx
Went last year and it was fun. Gonna go again this year
dewero
I'll be there with my sister (though she doesn't play osu). I'd be super hyped for a meet-up of some sort.
aigoh
I want to go ;w;
Apex_old
untitled
MMzz
I'm gonna bump this because we're getting closer to the con.
Topic Starter
Lust
Con's this weekend! Bumping to see if there any stragglers left.