forum

Elite: Dangerous

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nameless
So I bought Elite: Dangerous today and realised there were no threads for it, so I decided to make one.
Discuss.
Azure_Kite
Having the equivalent of the Milky Way galaxy to explore is way too cool and I've been spending the majority of my time exploring.

I'm slowly working my way to the center of the galaxy, where Sagittarius A* should be.
Topic Starter
Nameless

Azure_Kite wrote:

Having the equivalent of the Milky Way galaxy to explore is way too cool and I've been spending the majority of my time exploring.

I'm slowly working my way to the center of the galaxy, where Sagittarius A* should be.
Good luck getting there and back and then getting killed by a pirate next to the nearest docking station.
Azure_Kite
I'll have you know I've only had that happen once! (I kinda sorta submitted to an interdiction in my starter SideWinder, found out my adversary was an Anaconda and got obliterated before I could Frame Shift out of the system)

It's been about 15 hours since then. about a quarter of the way to Sag A* now. On the way back, I intend on constantly Frame Shifting between Star Systems until I reach Federation controlled space, as they're usually safe enough to get to a station without trouble.
[ yogurt ]
I've heard there's little to do and you can't really get by without a stick.

Looks neat though, maybe I'll try it someday.
Azure_Kite

YOGURTOVSKY wrote:

I've heard there's little to do and you can't really get by without a stick.
Mouse and Keyboard actually has pretty good controls all things considered. Swap out Roll and Pitch and you're good to go, unless you like using the Mouse X axis to control Roll.

As far as content goes, I'd say it has about a quarter of the stuff X3 does at the moment. I'm having fun, but as it's still relatively in development, probably best to wait for more content. The Next patch is introducing Power Play, which seems to feature much more interactivity and fluidity to the factions.
Gumpy
Seems like fun.
Topic Starter
Nameless

Gumpyyy wrote:

Seems like fun.
"Fun" is an understatement.
Azure_Kite
So I just discovered Debug Camera.

A Binary System of a Binary System and a Binary System of a Star and a Binary System.
Topic Starter
Nameless
Bounty hunting is fun, I got 60K from a single kill that took about 1 minute and 30 seconds.
Is it me or does time go extremely quickly when you play Elite?
Azure_Kite
It's not just you. I've been exploring the Galactic Core, finding a lot of undiscovered Earth-Likes and generally messing around in Space.

I also took a little time to make a HUD generator which gives me a different HUD every time I play. It'd be counter-productive for Fighters, but for Exploring and Trading it's pretty neat IMO.
SirRiK

Azure_Kite wrote:

YOGURTOVSKY wrote:

you can't really get by without a stick.
Mouse and Keyboard actually has pretty good controls all things considered. Swap out Roll and Pitch and you're good to go, unless you like using the Mouse X axis to control Roll.
I go by the default controls and can fly pretty good without problems, only things I have changed is pitch to inverted and zeroed the mouse deadzones. I don't really like flight sticks, but don't take the game that seriously anyway, just good fun to have bounty hunting with friends.
Or occasionally just screwing around, maybe exploring. :lol:
ElliottB1
Azure, exploring in Elite Dangerous is one of the many ways you can become Elite in the game, as long as you get to unexplored systems.
Azure_Kite

ElliottB1 wrote:

Azure, exploring in Elite Dangerous is one of the many ways you can become Elite in the game, as long as you get to unexplored systems.
Uhh, no shit, Sherlock. They don't even need to be unexplored systems. All ranks in ED are awarded for making a certain amount of money through those actions, nothing more, or less. Unexplored Systems simply give you extra credits and recognition when you turn in the Cartographic data.
Flanster
hOi
Anyone else still play this?
Topic Starter
Nameless

LoliFlan wrote:

hOi
Anyone else still play this?
Nope. I quit upon the release of Horizons.
Flanster
wow that makes me sad
Topic Starter
Nameless
I'm waiting for No Man's Sky, hopefully that'll be a fun game.
Topic Starter
Nameless
Does anybody still play this? I'm reinstalling and starting from scratch, will buy Horizons if I like it
Azure_Kite
I still play from time to time. The Thargoids have piqued my interest again, but Uni keeps getting in the way of getting closer to the action.