forum

Anyone with hypermobility?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
In_Disarray
I wondered if anyone was double jointed/has hypermobility in their hands and if it affects their gameplay very much, particularly with their thumb as I noticed that my pen grip for tablet play really is quite abnormal. It doesn't seem to affect my aim on short songs like (insert generic anime OP here) but on full length songs my joints tend to get sore, while my streaming hand never feels any pain whatsoever.

Yuudachi-kun
Yeah, I kind of move my hand around really fast and that's hyper mobile.

What the fuck is hypermobility and that grip?
DeletedUser_3905941
that thumb
Topic Starter
In_Disarray

Kheldragar wrote:

To put it simply it's when you can bend joints further back than they normally do (due to irregular bone shape/protein deficiency/muscle tone) and depending on the severity of the case it may cause joint instability and serious pain or in my case just cause crappy handwriting, it might even be useful for a pianist
gregest
hi,I have hypermobilty syndrome but I don't have any problems playing

Kheldragar wrote:

plz,I already said what's hypermobilty syndrome,even sent the all knowing wikipedia
Yuudachi-kun

CptBlackBird wrote:

hi,I have hypermobilty syndrome but I don't have any problems playing

Kheldragar wrote:

plz,I already said what's hypermobilty syndrome,even sent the all knowing wikipedia
Like I read your posts.
ZenithPhantasm

My thumbs are hypermobile/double jointed. It allows me to grip mice in a unique way that allows me to switch between grips easily and quickly. I have also never lost at thumb wrestling.
Yuudachi-kun
Zenny, you're a fucking ghost.
gregest

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

My thumbs are hypermobile/double jointed. It allows me to grip mice in a unique way that allows me to switch between grips easily and quickly. I have also never lost at thumb wrestling.
I can do that too
ZenithPhantasm

Kheldragar wrote:

Zenny, you're a fucking ghost.
Oh wow racist.

Im not white
Yuudachi-kun
You are as pale as the moon.
bigfeh
Yeah, I'M white. You're a ghost, zenny

on another note, was going to mention blackbird had hypermobility but got ninja'd by him :(
Conor
Barusamikosu

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Zenny are you really 12
Full Tablet
ZenithPhantasm

Barusamikosu wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Zenny are you really 12
Take a guess

Full Tablet wrote:

Nah your hands are just fucked
Raiden
Since y'all posting abnormal hands, I'd like to lighten the mood by posting my normal, non amorphous hands

Barusamikosu
I guess this is a hands thread now. :D
Topic Starter
In_Disarray
hand fetishists inbound

Conor wrote:

I noticed my signature before realizing the devil was inside your thumb.
I like to think of it more like I'm channelling the power of the nine tailed fox

Full Tablet wrote:

Do you hold a stylus 'normally', or more like me?

Raiden wrote:

Since y'all posting abnormal hands, I'd like to lighten the mood by posting my normal, non amorphous hands
That's a mighty nice hand you got there, it'd be a shame if it got rsi
Full Tablet

In_Disarray wrote:

Full Tablet wrote:

Do you hold a stylus 'normally', or more like me?
I use a grip more similar to a standard writting grip for playing. I do use a grip similar to your playing grip for other things, though (for example, holding a knife while eating).
trebby
Hey can anyone do this?
show more